Movie Record: 2019 Edition!!
  • 67. Friday the 13th Part 2
    Sackcloth Jason's turn to cull the councillors, mother would be proud. 6.5
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Are you going to do them all? Gotta love the in your face 3D moments of 3.
  • That's the plan. Jason is my king of the slashers and my default Halloween costume.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just watched Toy Story 4. Last time I cried like that was during Up.

Fuck me.

:(
  • I cried at Up.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 68. Friday the 13th Part 3
    Jason finds his mask and a film of contrived 3D scene shots. 5.5
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just watched Toy Story 4. Last time I cried like that was during Up.

Fuck me.

:(

Same. Tried to hide my tears so my boys couldn’t see but I was misty eyed throughout.
    Disney and Pixar just have a direct line to my emotional core
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I didn't really get emotional at 4. Maybe because I'd already said goodbye at 3. 3 destroyed me though
  • 3 reduced me to an absolute wreck. Had to wait through the credits so I could face going outside in the light and showing my red teary eyes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah 3 destroys me.
    4 had tears but not in the same way.
  • Rattled through some of the year's dross on flights to and from Toronto.

The Kid Who Would Be King: Serviceable, by-the-numbers family entertainment with lots of variable child acting and one film-stealing performance. 6

Battle Angel Alita: Confusing, ugly, CGI-clusterfuck that probably wasn't done any favours by being viewed on a 6" screen in the back of a chair. 3

Aladdin: Better than expected, but still no good reason to watch this over the original animated film, other than to take in the antics of a surprisingly chonky Will Smith. 5

Godzilla, King of the Monsters: Bafflingly dull, utterly incoherent monster nonsense. All the main characters deserved to be crushed within the opening minutes, though it earns a bonus point for the flight's turbulence adding the illusion that our plane was being chased by Rodan. 3
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I enjoyed TKWWBK far more than you - which was the film-stealing performance for you?

My children's film of the year is Dora and the Lost City of Gold just ahead of Farmageddon.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Yeah 3 destroys me.
    4 had tears but not in the same way.

Ew
  • jdanielp wrote:
    I enjoyed TKWWBK far more than you - which was the film-stealing performance for you? My children's film of the year is Dora and the Lost City of Gold just ahead of Farmageddon.

The boy who played Merlin. Obviously doing a different kind of character to the other kids story-wise, but the fun-factor just increased every time he was on screen.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dora and the Lost City of Gold. Sufficiently self aware enough to be good fun for adults and children. 6.5
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    I enjoyed TKWWBK far more than you - which was the film-stealing performance for you? My children's film of the year is Dora and the Lost City of Gold just ahead of Farmageddon.
    The boy who played Merlin. Obviously doing a different kind of character to the other kids story-wise, but the fun-factor just increased every time he was on screen.

Good choice.
  • 69. You Were Never Really Here
    Phoenix battles his demons and sex traffickers in this compelling thriller. 8

70. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    Jason's terror reign continues in this improved sequel, featuring a young Feldman. 6.5
  • The Laundromat
    The story behind the Panama Papers. Wants to be The Big Short. Isn’t. Falls flat.
  • That Never Really Here soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood too. Mmmmm tasty.
    I need to go back and watch all of her films. I've heard Ratcatcher is really good but seems unavailable except pirates maybe. Didn't realise she did Kevin too. Been meaning to watch that proper for a while, last time I got partway through and my file was corrupted...
  • Soundtrack was excellent, yes. I watched Kevin a good while ago now and that was very good too. Due a rewatch I think.
  • Yesterday 
    Really enjoyed it, great casting and very much a sweet Richard Curtis movie with a fun premise and of course lots of brilliant Beatles music.
    8/10
  • If someone knows how to get a hold of Ratcatcher it would be much appreciated.
  • 71. Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning
    Nosedive in quality as 'Jason' inflicts terror on a halfway house. 5
  • Stuber
    A bit of fun, I have a soft spot for the buddy cop genre and this was very much ok for a quiet afternoon.
    5/10
  • When I was in America in the summer, you literally couldn't turn on a tv without seeing an advert for that...every ten minutes...on every major channel.
    It became like aversion therapy after a week or so.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 72. The Game Changers
    Interesting documentary on the benefits of a plant based diet. 7

73. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives
    A rebooted, resurrected Jason fails to inject life into this limp showing.5
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spider Man Far From Home -

Marvel have jumped the shark. That's it. [4]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's a 6 at best.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, it was shite. A total borefest of stupidity. 3.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!