PlayStation VR 2
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Red Matter 2 looks intriguing....

Added to the wish list
  • One to take off the watch list, if anyone's added it: Runner.
  • The wife is away Tuesday night so I’ll be pistol whipping then
    The Forum Herald™
  • So I've decided to get Moss, Pistol Whip and Walkbabout Mini golf.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Got this set up last night and it's a lovely piece of kit. The design of the headset is better than Oculus imo. It's more comfortable, you can wear glasses under it and you don't feel like you've got a massive screen hanging off the front of your face.. and those screens are sweet as.

This is more like what I thought VR would be like. Tried Pistol Whip and it's fantastic. Shooting dodging got a real sweat worked up until I tripped over a coffee table behind me but no harm done.

Then I tried Walkaboout Mini golf and it is actually like playing golf.. you can see your club and it's so instinctive. Very good for the money.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tell me more about Walkabout Mini Golf pls.
  • I guess this is the right place to moan about the pitiful VR showing in Sony's showcase?  I don't think I fancied playing any of the super army soldiers offerings.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    If you want to see it in the pretty, pretty then get red matter 2 as well Bob. Looks as nice as anything I’ve seen yet and holds up well in a puzzle explorer thing. 

Oh and Another Fisherman’s Tale turned up in the last few days. First one was excellent on Quest.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Tell me more about Walkabout Mini Golf pls.

Its cross platform so you can play with us questors i think. Need to double check that though.
  • So the two course I played where really solid. It looks amazing as teh courses are sort of floating. You only need one of the joycons and you kind of get into holding like a club. a press of R2 takes you straight to you ball but you are able to move anywhere you want.

A good amount of challenge.. I was getting birdies by the second back 9 but as always with crazy golf you can get a challenging one. It's really really good in VR.
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Got this set up last night and it's a lovely piece of kit. The design of the headset is better than Oculus imo. It's more comfortable, you can wear glasses under it and you don't feel like you've got a massive screen hanging off the front of your face.. and those screens are sweet as.

This is more like what I thought VR would be like. Tried Pistol Whip and it's fantastic. Shooting dodging got a real sweat worked up until I tripped over a coffee table behind me but no harm done.

Then I tried Walkaboout Mini golf and it is actually like playing golf.. you can see your club and it's so instinctive. Very good for the money.

In fairness the Quest is a portable device so apples and orifices. The elite strap address the weight distribution much better. Anyhoo, chuffed you’re liking the PSVR2.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Sounds like there's quite a lot of content too, even without the dlc.  Just watched a video, it's a definite maybe.
  • Bob wrote:
    Got this set up last night and it's a lovely piece of kit. The design of the headset is better than Oculus imo. It's more comfortable, you can wear glasses under it and you don't feel like you've got a massive screen hanging off the front of your face.. and those screens are sweet as. This is more like what I thought VR would be like. Tried Pistol Whip and it's fantastic. Shooting dodging got a real sweat worked up until I tripped over a coffee table behind me but no harm done. Then I tried Walkaboout Mini golf and it is actually like playing golf.. you can see your club and it's so instinctive. Very good for the money.
    In fairness the Quest is a portable device so apples and orifices. The elite strap address the weight distribution much better. Anyhoo, chuffed you’re liking the PSVR2.

Being able to wear my glasses is a big plus. Austy is liking Oculus and I think the lack of the lead is better for him.. They're both good and I'm pretty sure I can now justify having both.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Sounds like there's quite a lot of content too, even without the dlc.  Just watched a video, it's a definite maybe.

Yeah each course seems to have  a full 18 holes and a distinct style.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Big shouts to Bob for the Walkabout Golf recommendation. Just spent an hour pootling around 2 of the courses and it’s a lovely little thing.
  • Walkabout golf is great. Excellent with a group of mates too. Big laffs had with the forum crew on Oculus.
  • Struggling with the second story level where you have to do the punching.. near the end of the level there's just turrets but loads and loads of bullets incoming.. ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • That doesn’t sound like golf at all?
  • Sorry went back to pistol whip
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’ve just been doing the arcade levels and messing with single and dual guns, as well as difficulty. Chasing scores.
  • How do you get the dual guns working ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • There's an option down the bottom somewhere when you're selecting a non-campaign stage.
  • You shoot the image of one gun on the stage select, I believe, and it’ll turn to a picture of two.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    How do you get the dual guns working ?

Pull the trigger. Point the noisy end towards the thing you want to die.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Thrillingly now got under par for the first two
    18 hole courses!
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just tried some NMS and jumped right into my old save which was probably a mistake. It looks great and I headed down to my old base, the way the ships control is great and the detail in the cockpit is far better than when I played it on the quest. But probably best not to have then jumped into the Nomad hovercraft and went exploring up and down hills, feeling quite queasy now, one for when my VR legs are stronger.
  • How does movement work ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    How does movement work ?

There's walking or teleportation options available - but i actually ended up using the analogue walking in the end. Flight treats your left controller like a flightstick and it best if you rest it on your knee or sth, so you can tilt it forward or back. Jumping around with the jetpack is an experience, as is flying at high speeds low along a planet surface.
  • Austy tried pistol whip and was really good at it. Dual wielding like a pro.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!