PlayStation VR 2
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Bizarrely my aim down sights in VR games is shocking, tried Pavlov and The Light Brigade and I’m shite. Anyone else have similar issues?

There's a generous amount of aim assist in Pistol Whip, so you don't really notice it. However, in Crisis Brigade 2 on Quest, I was missing shots that I was sure I was hitting - which either means the game isn't very accurate, or my sense of accuracy has been overinflated by PW.
  • Aiming down sights in VR, especially with iron sights is trickier than you'd imagine and somewhat counter-intuitive. You need to keep both eyes open, for a start, and with iron sights you need to be looking down through the sight, lining up both parts and looking through to the target.

The hard part is that you'll naturally want to:
    - close your eye
    - look at the sight itself rather than aligning and looking through to the target

You just need to favour your dominant eye and give it some practice. Took me an age to hit things reliably in Light Brigade as I was missing loads but...once you work out how VR aiming works, you can get there.
  • I prefer to shoot from the hip!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Re: vertigo 2

Can you sit down and play or is it best on foot ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Aiming down sights in VR, especially with iron sights is trickier than you'd imagine and somewhat counter-intuitive. You need to keep both eyes open, for a start, and with iron sights you need to be looking down through the sight, lining up both parts and looking through to the target.

The hard part is that you'll naturally want to:
    - close your eye
    - look at the sight itself rather than aligning and looking through to the target

You just need to favour your dominant eye and give it some practice. Took me an age to hit things reliably in Light Brigade as I was missing loads but...once you work out how VR aiming works, you can get there.

That’s good to know, at least it’s not me. Cheers.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Bob wrote:
    Re: vertigo 2

Can you sit down and play or is it best on foot ?

I played it sat down, there’s an option in the menu for playing whilst seated.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Bizarrely my aim down sights in VR games is shocking, tried Pavlov and The Light Brigade and I’m shite. Anyone else have similar issues?

There's a generous amount of aim assist in Pistol Whip, so you don't really notice it. However, in Crisis Brigade 2 on Quest, I was missing shots that I was sure I was hitting - which either means the game isn't very accurate, or my sense of accuracy has been overinflated by PW.

Haven’t had a problem with Pistol Whip and that’s probably why.
  • Aiming is even worse when is a two handed rifle with nothing physically keeping your hands in line.
  • Yep
  • Can I interest you two fine people in a stick perhaps? Might be just what you’re looking for. £20.
  • That’s all good until you have to reload with both hands being used.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!