PlayStation VR 2
  • Game looks gorgeous too - imagine 4 will be a looker, as Village looks incredible in VR. Deep darks, clear visuals - and it plays good too. The sludge-like movement and aiming (which I hate) is gone and the game feels much more responsive in VR. 

This is from my playtime yesterday:

• Syph79 wrote:
    Heh, played some more Resi Village over the weekend and finally worked up the courage to do The Bit with the Baby. The blacks down there were pitch black and it's something else with headset and headphones.  Anyway, game is excellent, can't wait for the Resi 4 PSVR2 update.
    I still need to pluck up the courage to go back to Village in VR. I think I’ll try 4 first, when it comes out, I found the opening section of Village so overwhelming. I reckon I’ll get on better with RE4’a combat over Village’s running and hiding.

The opening of Village is not great - that starting assault is a bit crap, and then the early castle has your head yanked around a lot. But, once you're over that, it's a really, really good game.
  • I tried 7 in VR briefly but the boke was rising the whole time.  Queasy doesn't even cover it - when I threw the towel in I was fully wobbled for about an hour.   I presume snap-to movement/camera options help a bit but it's the only VR game that's ended me, felt like I'd been going crazy on the waltzers.
  • Yeah, i use analogue movement on the left stick with 30 degree quick turn on the right. Works for me and feels quite natural. But, early sessions may need to be short until you are accustomed.
  • So it turns out Gav might be onto something with the Walkabout Golf goty shout. It works perfectly.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    So it turns out Gav might be onto something with the Walkabout Golf goty shout. It works perfectly.

Seriously, come join us for some MP shenanigans

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Its ace and works so well, especially with Cross play.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    So it turns out Gav might be onto something with the Walkabout Golf goty shout. It works perfectly.

Losing the VR2 for a bit on Dec 9th so I'll jump in on one before then. How does it work anyway, is everyone just milling about taking 18 holes at their own pace?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Losing the VR2 for a bit on Dec 2nd so I'll jump in on one before then. How does it work anyway, is everyone just milling about taking 18 holes at their own pace?

Take it in turns in a lobby
  • Literally getting a round in ten or so mins Moot if you're about, private room code is 2001 mate.
  • Need to grab ps+ first. Plus I'm all tucked up in bed.
  • Well that's just not cricket (GALF)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Need to grab ps+ first. Plus I'm all tucked up in bed.

Here ya go Moot.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30-off-playstation-plus-starting-from-ps4199-at-psn-store-4235624

I’m gonna do the same but have to wait till mine has run out.
  • Literally getting a round in ten or so mins Moot if you're about, private room code is 2001 mate.

I'll get in on this one day - though would likely need a poke and a lobby code outside of whatsapp, due to China. Will try and do an early morning, when possible.
  • Stuck some more time into RE8 last night too. It really is far more atmospheric in VR and i'm now a good 10 hours into the game. It's also, well, easier in a way. The middle of combat is definitely tense and overwhelming, balancing reloads and weapon switches...but that is counter-balanced with the fact that weakspots are now far easier to aim at. 

One particular section involving 2 big bastards who would cover up their weakspot while moving towards the player was rendered over in less than a minute due to being able to kite and then punish properly when they did attack. 

It's fantastic, and I expect i'll follow it up with finally putting some proper time into No Man's Sky VR while keeping the likes of Pistol Whip and Walkabout Golf as my dip in 'n' out games.

I'll get in on this one day - though would likely need a poke and a lobby code outside of whatsapp, due to China. Will try and do an early morning, when possible.

Lobby code is always 2001 so need for WhatsApp. We can post in here when we are playing next and if you're free just join in
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The more the merrier, just wanna share the joy that is silly golfing with buds.
    Plus there's EVEN MORE new courses coming in December :) the dlc support is incredible
  • Nice.

Gave it a quick go yesterday and yeah it's a lot of fun. Slight issue with the way the game interacts with the controller on PSVR2 - a 2-handed grip can cover up one of the IR sensors, so you need to have your 2nd hand a little higher than originally feels natural - but it's no biggie. Game is charming and a lot of fun. 

Also I found some SECRET BALLS.
  • Oh god there are hundreds of secret balls! Not to mention each course has an unlockable hard mode. Each hard mode has a secret treasure hunt to complete with clues to follow. Complete those and you unlock new clubs.
    And the developer is constantly adding new courses via DLC. Each DLC course is about £3 so incredible value and each comes with MORE hidden balls and MORE treasure hunts.

Just brilliant
  • Slight issue with the way the game interacts with the controller on PSVR2 - a 2-handed grip can cover up one of the IR sensors, so you need to have your 2nd hand a little higher than originally feels natural

Aha.  I wondered why it was playing up for me yesterday. 

Hit 5 under on the third course though, so I've probably peaked already.
  • If you haven't done so already, go into the in game settings menu either at the starter hut or from the games scoreboard and turn on "grip to putt".

It means that you need to hold a button in order to actually hit the ball on your swing so you can set up practice swings
  • Gonna try and get a few holes in tonight if you chaps wanna join.
  • If you haven't done so already, go into the in game settings menu either at the starter hut or from the games scoreboard and turn on "grip to putt". It means that you need to hold a button in order to actually hit the ball on your swing so you can set up practice swings

Yep found that for the third course, ta.  Accidentally hit the ball loads beforehand so it's a welcome change.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Need to grab ps+ first. Plus I'm all tucked up in bed.
    Here ya go Moot. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30-off-playstation-plus-starting-from-ps4199-at-psn-store-4235624 I’m gonna do the same but have to wait till mine has run out.

Thanks for this, great price but I'm just gonna grab a month.  

Should be about tonight Wookie, depending on time.
  • Great stuff, we can post closer to the time with the details but we usually start about 9 and the room code is 2001. Just enter that and you're in
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Slight issue with the way the game interacts with the controller on PSVR2 - a 2-handed grip can cover up one of the IR sensors, so you need to have your 2nd hand a little higher than originally feels natural
    Aha.  I wondered why it was playing up for me yesterday.  Hit 5 under on the third course though, so I've probably peaked already.

Yeah, the natural grip effectively covers the outer ring, right? That's why tracking stops occasionally.

You basically have to grip your wrist before the controller starts. Doesn't feel quite as good, but removes all tracking issues.
  • It’s a natural golf grip, but this is GALF, so it’s not weird at all.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    It’s a natural golf grip, but this is GALF, so it’s not weird at all.

It’s facking GALF.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!