PlayStation VR 2
  • I'll be closer to 10pm for joining tonight.
  • Got the secret balls on the first course in Walkabout.

Played some Humanity.

Played up to final boss on Resi.

Tried the update on No Mans Sky - so much sharper!

Know and understand the disappointment with post-launch support, but I do love this bloody thing.

Now, more proper games pls.
  • Yeah the lack of First party games is pretty shocking to be honest but it’s great, despite that.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Big boo for Sony but there's some outstanding third party stuff on it. The kit itself is superb.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    GT7 and Call of The Mountain say hi.

They need to do a TLoU mini VR experience.

And, of course, an update and sequel to Astro.
  • Yeah, GT7 is genuinely incredible.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Not exactly great though is it? 2 games at release and fuck all since and in the foreseeable.

• Played Demeo last night and it looked absolutely beautiful.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Not exactly great though is it? 2 games at release and fuck all since and in the foreseeable.

Plus one of those is an traditional TV game that also works nicely in VR.

Astro is required.
  • Aye. Luckily Team Asobi should be ready to announce their thing soon.
  • Has anyone got a dock for their controllers? Now I’m using it more I’ll keep them charging all the time.

I’ve tried turning off the left controller when playing Mini golf but it won’t let me play anything if I do that, as it asks me to turn it back on. Surely there’s a way of doing it?

I press the ps button go to devices and turn off L controller that way
  • I get the debate about Sony making VR games, but - hear me out here - how many VR games have Meta/Oculus made, for example? Putting out a platform for people to play VR on is not the same as making VR titles. 

I know the difference is Sony have development studios, but it's not a given they will use those studios to make comparative niche titles.

What they've done is made a quality piece of tech for other developers to put their software on and if another first-party game doesn't come along, I don't have a major issue with it. Especially when you get experiences like RE, Golf, Thumper, Rez, Demeo, GT7, etc.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Has anyone got a dock for their controllers? Now I’m using it more I’ll keep them charging all the time. I’ve tried turning off the left controller when playing Mini golf but it won’t let me play anything if I do that, as it asks me to turn it back on. Surely there’s a way of doing it? I press the ps button go to devices and turn off L controller that way

I've not. I tend to leave the L one on charge via USB when I'm using the VR headset. Then the right one gets charged when I'm not using it. It's a bit of a pain, but not too bad.

You just need 2x 5v USB-C chargers really. Your phone ones will do, or a Switch charger. I've used that in the past.
  • Tbh I don't want meta-made games, lmao fuck that noise.
  • Tbh I don't want meta-made games, lmao fuck that noise.

Funny thing is, they bought some real nice studios but…yeah…
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Has anyone got a dock for their controllers? Now I’m using it more I’ll keep them charging all the time. I’ve tried turning off the left controller when playing Mini golf but it won’t let me play anything if I do that, as it asks me to turn it back on. Surely there’s a way of doing it? I press the ps button go to devices and turn off L controller that way
    I've not. I tend to leave the L one on charge via USB when I'm using the VR headset. Then the right one gets charged when I'm not using it. It's a bit of a pain, but not too bad. You just need 2x 5v USB-C chargers really. Your phone ones will do, or a Switch charger. I've used that in the past.

I got the dock, that way I guarantee they'll always be charged. It's convenient and I've go a good spot near the TV to pop em on. You do need to make sure they are properly seated, they light up when they are charging.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I get the debate about Sony making VR games, but - hear me out here - how many VR games have Meta/Oculus made, for example? Putting out a platform for people to play VR on is not the same as making VR titles. 

I know the difference is Sony have development studios, but it's not a given they will use those studios to make comparative niche titles.

What they've done is made a quality piece of tech for other developers to put their software on and if another first-party game doesn't come along, I don't have a major issue with it. Especially when you get experiences like RE, Golf, Thumper, Rez, Demeo, GT7, etc.

Fair points but given that you have to plug the £529 headset into a £389/£479 console I can't let the cheek of it slide.

It's a wonderful unit but modern Sony roll with too much 'lol we're miles ahead!' swagger for my liking.
  • Is the galf crew about tomorrow or Friday? Forgot Tilly's getting sworn in as an official Brownie this evening. Plus it's my bday so I'm getting treated to a curry.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is the galf crew about tomorrow or Friday? Forgot Tilly's getting sworn in as an official Brownie this evening. Plus it's my bday so I'm getting treated to a curry.
    Happy birthday pal.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is the galf crew about tomorrow or Friday? Forgot Tilly's getting sworn in as an official Brownie this evening. Plus it's my bday so I'm getting treated to a curry.

Golf crew rolls every night Moot. Well, Gav and Chaz do but yeah it's most likely there'll be some on every night.

• Yeah, absolutely Moot. My shifts this week have been making my own tee off times after 2200, hope that works but understandable if not mate.
  • Happy birthday day to you moot!
    Enjoy your curry tonight with your family big man.

Tomorrow come grab your putter and play with some balls with strange internet men
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah Happy Birthday Moot !!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Happy birthday Moot!
  • Thanks all. Mrs. Moot thinks it's hilarious to send her surreptitious photo to everyone on WhatsApp with the caption '42 today'.

IMG-20231115-WA0008.jpg

Happy to own it, was having a blast.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Younger and less mature than me
  • That's a cracking picture. She's done well there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's the feet that makes it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!