The No Subject Thread
  • I wasn't running the marathon, silly.

Glad you shat out your false tooth though.  And that's a sentence that really deserves a page turn.
  • HOLY SHIT IT GOT ONE.
  • I genuinely didn't expect that.  What a day this has been!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    ALL SHIT IS HOLY TODAY!
  • Im such an idiot. Managed to upset the staff at the local salad bar, which i eat at every day. To be clear, this salad bar is super shit. There is actually zero creativity in the meals. You'll get something like chicken, lettuce, green beans, tomato, carrrot, avocado and spinach in a bowl. That's literally it. No seasoning and no sauce, except plain yoghurt with a couple of the meals. They really are some of the blandest meals i have ever had. BUT the portions are good, it's all pretty healthy, meals cost a fiver, and the takeouts dont lose quality overnight, which makes them ideal for packed lunches.

Anyway, the staff know my face well by now. And ive noticed over time that their smiles when i come in the shop are getting more pronounced. Sometimes they make jokes amongst themselves in Hebrew, and i started to find it a little unsettling. Rightly or wrongly, i got it into my head they were laughing at me. Presumably because i keep coming back and buying their shit food, even though everyone else evidently knows it's shit because im always the only one in there. I found this thought quite embarrassing. Sure i didnt know these people, but it was an ever so slight bother to think they thought i had no culinary taste whatsoever. 

So on Friday night when i placed my order and they began joking amongst themselves, i thought id try and set the record straight. I just told them the truth- that they should know i only come here so often because it's cheap and healthy, but actually the food is pretty gash. I think i bit of me thought we would all laugh along together about it, but instead they all went dead quiet and gave me some really weird looks. Basically it went down pretty badly. Ive just come back from there now for the first time since Friday and everyone's noticeably frosty toward me.
  • The drunken karaoke rendition of Creep I witnessed last night, in one of Glasgow's rougher pubs by an old guy with tears streaming down his face, was quite a thing.

Did the pub have saw dust on the floor

The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We love you Noxy but you are an idiot x
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Noxy, never upset the people who make your food. Even if you thought they were laughing at you, don’t tell them.
    I wouldn’t order from there anymore.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • JonB wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    You know a lot the time I feel like such a charlatan, giving such faux advice without any degree and then contacting outside agencies to pass the buck. I dunno. I'm not doing this for the rest of my life.
    Imposter's syndrome. The thing about it is, I read somewhere, that the people who suffer it the most are the ones who are most skilled and knowledgeable. The more qualified you get, the worse it gets. And similarly the other way - the least skilled and knowledgeable people are those that don't suffer from it. So be more worried if you always feel like you know exactly what you're doing. Unless the people who did that research had no idea what they're talking about, of course...
    D66lcEKXsAASe9U.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good work chump. Needed that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had a dream last night that I met Nigel Farage and his girlfriend and promptly stole said girlfriend. Things didn’t work out between us, but such is life. Or dreams. Or something.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Did something taste off when she kissed you?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’d have to ask her.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mesmerising.
  • Clocks near each other with pendulums synchronise. It's a very strange thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jul/24/portuguese-scientists-discover-why-pendulum-clocks-swing-together
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • ...but did they try their experiment in a vacuum?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Massive clocks.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    With big swinging clicks.
  • Im such an idiot. Managed to upset the staff at the local salad bar, which i eat at every day. To be clear, this salad bar is super shit. There is actually zero creativity in the meals. You'll get something like chicken, lettuce, green beans, tomato, carrrot, avocado and spinach in a bowl. That's literally it. No seasoning and no sauce, except plain yoghurt with a couple of the meals. They really are some of the blandest meals i have ever had. BUT the portions are good, it's all pretty healthy, meals cost a fiver, and the takeouts dont lose quality overnight, which makes them ideal for packed lunches. Anyway, the staff know my face well by now. And ive noticed over time that their smiles when i come in the shop are getting more pronounced. Sometimes they make jokes amongst themselves in Hebrew, and i started to find it a little unsettling. Rightly or wrongly, i got it into my head they were laughing at me. Presumably because i keep coming back and buying their shit food, even though everyone else evidently knows it's shit because im always the only one in there. I found this thought quite embarrassing. Sure i didnt know these people, but it was an ever so slight bother to think they thought i had no culinary taste whatsoever.  So on Friday night when i placed my order and they began joking amongst themselves, i thought id try and set the record straight. I just told them the truth- that they should know i only come here so often because it's cheap and healthy, but actually the food is pretty gash. I think i bit of me thought we would all laugh along together about it, but instead they all went dead quiet and gave me some really weird looks. Basically it went down pretty badly. Ive just come back from there now for the first time since Friday and everyone's noticeably frosty toward me.

This is fantastic. Not for Noxy obviously.
  • Blimey. Don't forget to mention the war the next time you're in.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Stabbed in the back like Caesar.
  • Salad of Akkad
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Thanks for that quote about impostor syndrome. I really appreciate it because impostor syndrome is something I've suffered from all my life - always wondering, is what I'm doing good enough? Ever since I opened my salad bar, I've been plagued with doubt - are my offerings creative and tasty enough? All I've ever wanted is to provide my customers with healthy, tasty salad at a reasonable price.

Recently, I've started to feel more positive - we finally have a regular customer, always coming in each day in his signature white shirt. Every time I saw him I thought 'My salads must be good enough if he keeps coming back for them!' and I would share a smile with my staff.

But on Friday, my regular customer had an outburst and told us he thought the food was bad. He had kept coming in every day despite not thinking my handmade salads were good enough for him - and he's still coming in now, even after giving us a piece of his mind.

I guess I was an impostor after all...
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!