The No Subject Thread
  • Andy wrote:
    Well, it’s not ‘making it less safe’. They’re not actively adding harmful pathogens. It’s just choosing not to process the milk. The milk isn’t necessarily unsafe to drink.

As for no apparent reason, there’s a bit of a taste and texture difference to ‘raw’ milk. It was a rather delicious treat when I had it.  It may be new to the shop Frosty goes to, but it’s hardly a new thing to farm shops.

As for linking it to the unfair distribution of the world’s resources, please don’t think a few pints being sold unprocessed has any discernible impact on that problem whatsoever.

This.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I didn't realise homogenised milk was a thing until I started drinking Arran milk a few years ago. It's pasteurised, but not shaken to fuck, so there still cream at the top.
  • I'm sure if people started dropping dead it might be more illegal. Like many things, it depends on the quality of the product.
  • For reference, the same website tells you to to only eat eggs hard boiled, not soft boiled and never raw, and not to eat raw oysters, but we manage to not have a forum outcry at those.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What does it say about sifting through you own faeces?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Well as general public advice it makes sense I guess because it's the simplest way to ensure the mental public don't start doing mad shit. I'm sure having a burger served anything other than cooked through is illegal in Scotland because drunken mentals but it's fine in England.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Loved raw milk when it was legally available, drank it for years with never an issue.  Rich, delicious and amazing for doing a bulk.  Me ma and her sibs spent her entire childhood and teen years on it too.

Get it from a single source/farm that have good standards and you're golden.  Big milk doesn't like it cos they can't possibly produce it, so therefore can't compete.  They ensured it was killed off here.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Andy wrote:
    Well, it’s not ‘making it less safe’. They’re not actively adding harmful pathogens. It’s just choosing not to process the milk. The milk isn’t necessarily unsafe to drink. As for no apparent reason, there’s a bit of a taste and texture difference to ‘raw’ milk. It was a rather delicious treat when I had it.  It may be new to the shop Frosty goes to, but it’s hardly a new thing to farm shops. As for linking it to the unfair distribution of the world’s resources, please don’t think a few pints being sold unprocessed has any discernible impact on that problem whatsoever.
    [font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Pasteurization[/font][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif] is a process that kills harmful bacteria by heating [/font][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]milk[/font][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif] to a specific temperature for a set period of time. First developed by Louis Pasteur in 1864, [/font][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]pasteurization[/font][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif] kills harmful organisms responsible for such diseases as listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, and brucellosis.[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Sounds tasty and just as safe to me.[/font]
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Well, it’s not ‘making it less safe’. They’re not actively adding harmful pathogens. It’s just choosing not to process the milk. The milk isn’t necessarily unsafe to drink. As for no apparent reason, there’s a bit of a taste and texture difference to ‘raw’ milk. It was a rather delicious treat when I had it.  It may be new to the shop Frosty goes to, but it’s hardly a new thing to farm shops. As for linking it to the unfair distribution of the world’s resources, please don’t think a few pints being sold unprocessed has any discernible impact on that problem whatsoever.
    Pasteurization is a process that kills harmful bacteria by heating milk to a specific temperature for a set period of time. First developed by Louis Pasteur in 1864, pasteurization kills harmful organisms responsible for such diseases as listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, and brucellosis. Sounds tasty and just as safe to me.

Bob what are you doing
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Pasting from google on iPhone the worlds worst fucking phone
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yes but are you also trying to explain pasteurisation
  • I looked into this after watching Nuts in May last month.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Unpasteurized milk causes autism.
  • Ahh well that explains Andy ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jesus bob
  • Yea bob, quite uncalled for
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Pasting from google on iPhone the worlds worst fucking phone

It’s not the phone, it’s the failure to switch to source mode. Should be the last icon in the row above the text box.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I apologize for my unwitting act of Bobnabling.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Ahh well that explains Andy ;)
    Fuck off Bob
  • You can't knock his research skills though.
  • Woo! I had a PPI complaint upheld!
  • Huzzah!
  • £12.85.

Oh well.
  • Enough for a swift half in London.
  • Or a house in Redcar.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!