Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I your wife leaves you I'll have her, don't worry.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Might as well go full mental.
  • Kow wrote:
    I your wife leaves you I'll have her, don't worry. I mean again. Obviously. We all know about that, don't we? Sorry again. And good luck .

• Another thing- we played kind of a mean prank on him when we were about 18. Mean but also kinda funny. He still doesn't know about it to this day. Been pondering whether to tell him about it or not. I think he will probably laugh, but a tiny bit of me is worried he'll be pissed
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think "if you get divorced" is an ill-advised sentiment for any wedding communication except an actual pre-nup
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Another thing- we played kind of a mean prank on him when we were about 18. Mean but also kinda funny. He still doesn't know about it to this day. Been pondering whether to tell him about it or not. I think he will probably laugh, but a tiny bit of me is worried he'll be pissed

I'm pretty sure there's a good story here.
  • The prank
    When we were in our late teens, Dan (the guy getting married) had a job at a clothes shop. There he worked with this girl called Vicky. Dan really liked her, and he was confident Vicky fancied him too (he was popular with girls at the time, but maybe not as popular as he thought he was). I had seen him and Vicky together at work and didn't notice any chemistry or interest from her.

Anyway, one day Dan, another friend and myself were playing Pro Evo, when Dan decides to take a toilet break. As soon as he left the room the other friend and myself had a moment of inspiration- we changed Vickys number in Dans phone to my number, and changed my number to hers. 

Over the next month and a half, my other friend and myself would have daily phone conversations with how we could wind him up and string him along. Texting aS Vicky, we told him that we were getting feelings for him, but we were too shy to speak with him face to face about it. I really don't know how we pulled it off, but we convinced him he must never mention anything related to their texts at work- and that if it was ever going to work with them, it would all have to escalate slowly via text. We poured hours of thought into every single text we sent, and I guess it's this attention to detail that allowed us to string him along for so long without him realising. The funny thing is, Dan would also be telling us about his text adventures with Vicky when we all met up, and he would exaggerate massively. I remember on one occasion him saying how she had texted that she wanted to suck him off, and me and my mate struggled to contain our laughter. Of course, we knew exactly what she actually said in the text because we sent it ourselves, and it definitely wasn't that.

Anyway, one day- about 6 weeks later- we were all playing Pro Evolution again, and Dan decides to take a toilet break. And at that moment we changed the phone numbers back again. And that was the end of it. Dan stopped talking about Vicky shortly after, and he never found out about it.

If someone told you they did this to you over 15 years ago, would you laugh?
  • I’d think they were psychopaths.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You might get a punch in the teeth.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How would the next history have shown on his phone after the number change? Against you, surely?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You might get a punch in the teeth.

Unless the bride is Vicky, obvs
  • Any story about him and another girl is off limits at the wedding. Full stop. Non-negotiable.
  • Yea maybe I will take this one to the grave. We were real shits
  • That was a dick move nox. If you tell him be sure to apologize profusely. I'm banking on immaturity because I can't imagine doing that to someone (I have done my fair share of dick moves in the past, so understand). I'd leave it be, but do something nice for the guy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The "prank" is more or less unknown here. People stare blankly at the idea of stag night "japes". And they're right, pranks are just offensively shit.
  • Death Row records has been bought by Hasbro toys.

Which supplied the excellent pun of the week "Toypac Shakur"
  • Don't tell him at his wedding noxy, but not knowing whether he'd laugh must be nagging you.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Death Row records has been bought by Hasbro toys.

... Why?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Because kids and grown ups love it so

(I know)
  • Im well aware it was an awful thing to do. Nothing changes the fact that it was a total dick move. Although if I could accurately summarize what sort of person Dan was with girls back then it would definitely make it seem less bad.
  • Write a letter of confession and give it to your solicitor, to be read out to him after you have shuffled off your mortal coil. Soften the blow by giving him your rope belt.
  • I’d not mention it
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Agreed. Don’t mention it. What good would it do other than ease your conscience in which case it won’t help him, it’ll help you. So therefore a selfish act.

Don’t mention it.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You should write your confession up as a song, go to the wedding and stand up at some point, tap your wine glass and launch into a Monty Pythonesque falsetto rendering of it, all the while doing a bizarre dance. Then leave.
  • Kow wrote:
    You should write your confession up as a song, go to the wedding and stand up at some point, tap your wine glass and launch into a Monty Pythonesque falsetto rendering of it, all the while doing a bizarre dance. Then leave.

Actually yes, do that!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Honest opinions please: am I the dick if I resist opening the door to my flatmate when she rings?

She has a fucking key. Or at least she should, but she forgets it- literally- once every 3 days. And when she does forget it, she doesn't think well id better return home at a reasonable hour to save inconveniencing people while they sleep, no, she comes home whenever the fuck she wants, often around 4am, and just rings the doorbell repeatedly until someone answers, which is usually me when I've become so fucking angry that I can't get back to sleep again. This happens all the fucking time and it drives me mad. 

She's ringing the bell right now as I type this. This is one of the few occasions I can ignore it indefinitely. In the middle of the night it's harder. Actually I wanted to go food shopping, but I don't mind going hungry tonight just so she can suffer on the doorstep for a while. And if people keep letting her get away with this then she will never learn.

Furthermore, I don't feel in the mood for doing her any favours since she still hasn't apologise for her part in inviting other people to sleep in my bed while I was away.

Reading that back I think I probably am being a dick but at the same time I also think it's possibly justified.

Edit- it's stopped ringing. She's normally more persistent than this. Perhaps it wasn't even her, but from the relentlessness of the ringing im guessing it was. She's probably assumed nobody is home.
  • Have you already tried just telling her to remember her fucking keys? Straight up “it’s totally unreasonable for you to keep waking the rest of us up at 4am, so if you can’t remember your keys please sleep at a friend’s house instead”.
  • I say this every time I open the door to her, but I emphasise it especially late at night or early in the morning. 

She's also been stealing my Tupperware which I need for my packed lunches
  • Disconnect the doorbell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!