The No Subject Thread
  • Yeah. I think it is asking what date you leave Germany in your case.

If you had gone from Germany to say Italy then the UK you would state the date you arrived in Italy followed by the date you left Italy.

Rather than asking if you are coming from your country of residence then asking different questions based on your answer they have lumped the two together I believe. I fucking hate that they do things like this, it only leads to errors.
  • I feel your pain Noxy. Poorly worded forms like that are a particular bugbear of mine.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kafka probably should have stuck to novels.
  • Technically that does cover driving with headphones.

By law you are required to be in control of your vehicle and fully aware of your surroundings at all times. This means you must have both hands on the wheel/controls as per manufacturers guidelines to ensure you are fully in control. You must also demonstrate that you are fully aware of your surroundings and paying due care and attention.
    By wearing headphones it can be argued that you are not paying due care and attention to the road.
    But the same can be said for listening to the radio or changing radio stations. Even having a conversation with a passenger!

Technically you are breaking the law by taking one hand off the wheel and shifting your attention to the radio when you turn the volume up and down.

If you are seen driving around with a pair of headphones on, an officer would be more than justified to pull you over for a little chat.

What happens from there is down to multiple factors.

My advice. Don't wear headphones. Don't watch YouTube

For weird nerdy reasons I know the answer to this. Construction and Use regulations regulations
    Driver's control
    104. No person shall drive or cause or permit any other person to drive, a motor vehicle on a road if he is in such a position that he cannot have proper control of the vehicle or have a full view of the road and traffic ahead.

Television sets
    109.—(1) No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus used to display anything other than information—

(a)about the state of the vehicle or its equipment;
    (b)about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located;
    (c)to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle; or
    (d)to assist the driver to reach his destination.
    (2) In this regulation “television receiving apparatus” means any cathode ray tube carried on a vehicle and on which there can be displayed an image derived from a television broadcast, a recording or a camera or computer.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • No CRT in an iPad so he's fine.
  • What if he was watching Cathode Ray's tube on it?
  • Technically that does cover driving with headphones.

By law you are required to be in control of your vehicle and fully aware of your surroundings at all times. This means you must have both hands on the wheel/controls as per manufacturers guidelines to ensure you are fully in control. You must also demonstrate that you are fully aware of your surroundings and paying due care and attention.
    By wearing headphones it can be argued that you are not paying due care and attention to the road.
    But the same can be said for listening to the radio or changing radio stations. Even having a conversation with a passenger!

Technically you are breaking the law by taking one hand off the wheel and shifting your attention to the radio when you turn the volume up and down.

If you are seen driving around with a pair of headphones on, an officer would be more than justified to pull you over for a little chat.

What happens from there is down to multiple factors.

My advice. Don't wear headphones. Don't watch YouTube

For weird nerdy reasons I know the answer to this. Construction and Use regulations regulations
    Driver's control
    104. No person shall drive or cause or permit any other person to drive, a motor vehicle on a road if he is in such a position that he cannot have proper control of the vehicle or have a full view of the road and traffic ahead.

Television sets
    109.—(1) No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus used to display anything other than information—

(a)about the state of the vehicle or its equipment;
    (b)about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located;
    (c)to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle; or
    (d)to assist the driver to reach his destination.
    (2) In this regulation “television receiving apparatus” means any cathode ray tube carried on a vehicle and on which there can be displayed an image derived from a television broadcast, a recording or a camera or computer.

Most of this shit is filed away in my brain from spending the best part of a year with my nose in books studying legal definitions and points to prove.

And now I've got to forget it all and learn a whole new set of legislation and regulations for a different career.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • If it's any consolation, I had a dream recently, in which your new job was making home made jam in your kitchen and selling it. Make of that what you will.
  • Just arrest anyone who says you are wrong.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    No CRT in an iPad so he's fine.
    Headings have no force, text has been interpreted to include phone and iPad.
  • Wookie is gonna be a traffic warden.
    Spoiler:

Aicm£5
  • g.man wrote:
    If it's any consolation, I had a dream recently, in which your new job was making home made jam in your kitchen and selling it. Make of that what you will.

I would genuinely love to do that full time.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Heh. I thought you might like that.
  • g.man wrote:
    Heh. I thought you might like that.

I live streamed on Friday whilst I wore a nice apron and baked a fresh GIANT Cinnabun
  • :)
  • People are attempting a winter summit of K2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55341778

That's proper bravery.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s one word for it.
  • Just woke up with Dario G Sunchyme in my head for some reason, haven't heard that in years.
  • My wife has just announced in all seriousness that boxes are the hardest to wrap!

I mean seriously in what way?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Astigmatism's a bitch.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    My wife has just announced in all seriousness that boxes are the hardest to wrap! I mean seriously in what way?

Because you can half-ass nonboxes with crumpled paper at the edges if you're so inclined, whereas you'll waste a lot more paper doing that with boxes.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I hadn't thought of it like that. I suppose it's a matter of perception. I prefer boxes because I like to have a nice clean, tidy wrap,and that's easiest to do on a box. If you're less inclined to do a good job then the box presents a problem, there is no excuse for doing it poorly other than not being bothered.
  • Bob wrote:
    My wife has just announced in all seriousness that boxes are the hardest to wrap!

I mean seriously in what way?

When Bob realises, 12 years into his marriage, that he married someone dumb

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If you're less inclined to do a good job then the box presents a problem, there is no excuse for doing it poorly other than not being bothered.

Or if you really hate someone, blunderwrap a laughably oversized box.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Boxes also have sharp corners, so maybe easier to rip the wrapping paper.
  • Maybe it was boxers. They can be tricky.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message

In case anyone needs game related fire graphics.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The finest gifts you bring, love the Hades one.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I officially finished Christmas shopping and wrapping last night which puts me in quite a relaxed frame of mind .. mostly cleaning today but a pop to the pub at 1pm for a couple of ticklers and I’ll
    Be happy all afternoon
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thats a service they offer on the Isle?

It really is different.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!