The No Subject Thread
  • this is going south
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just found a copy of "fly fishing by J R Hartley"

:)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Today's Google Doodle is a picture of a Jamaican born artists model. Her name?

Fanny Eaton.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bet she's constantly smiling.
  • The other day I'm home at lunch. Some body from work rang up and I was chatting, at the sametime some old dude is at the door. He can see my through the window on teh phone but I got to the door and he backs off down the path. I go back in again, he comes up the path again, I go back to the door and hold the phone and say to him 'what do you want?' he says 'I don't want anything' so I say ok (it threw me a bit as clearly if someone comes to your door they want something) and he says are you so and so (he said some guys name obviously because I'm a guy). I say no. He says oh we've got a parcel for him. I say well he doesn't live here.

Cut to yesterday and a facebook friend sends me a screen shot of someone asking if anyone knows my wife and my address so my wife gets in touch. Now the guy clearly didn't say are you my wifes name. cos it's an obvious girls name. But she says I was rude. Fuck me some people. Get your story straight. I appreciate tehy where trying to do us a favour.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was following you up to the Facebook bit. Eh?
  • I'll be honest, he sounds like a right fucking weirdo.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah, Bob's ok.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I was following you up to the Facebook bit. Eh?

It was one of those local help groups so someone had posted my wifes name and her address and asked if anyone knew her as she had a parcel for her but she didn't live it our address.

Now if he'd of asked if a new a Karen I'd of said oh yes that's my wife. I'm always wary of people asking you if you such and such a person cos clearly you don't know me. And why are they being looked for. Why not just say we've had a parcel misdelivered.. maybe even bring the parcel with you if you're actually going to the address it's addressed.
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Parcel farce.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • The old boy was clearly casing the joint. If your house looked posh, he could keep schtum, open the parcel and keep the contents for himself.
  • Just found out my cousin's ex flat mate was arrested for running a scam I cant believe is actually a thing that they thought they would get away with long term.

Anyway a bit on this guy first (not my cousin).
    Firstly fuck this guy he left my cousin in the shit by not paying rent or bills the month he moved out. Cousin is, like many in their early 20s struggling for work himself. My cousin has autism and part of how it manifests with him is sometimes a bit too trusting of people so no contract and the place is in my cousin's name.

The ex housemate lost two jobs delivering parcels because he was nicking them as well.

He moved in with his gf who is unemployed.

Heres the scam. Somehow they were getting cars on finance. I assume some level of fraud here because I cannot imagine they would pass credit checks. They were getting high profile cars as well BMWs and Audis mainly.
    They were then driving them straight to a second hand car place and flogging them and never paying the finance.

Now Bob may well be able to cast some light on the rules here even if IoM may differ but I would have thought a car with next to no miles registered just weeks prior would ring alarm bells but it appears they managed to flog a few.

Their undoing was when they tried to sell two BMWs to the same trader in 3 days. Something obviously clicked then and the trader contacted the police.
  • What a fuckwit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dickhead. One of the things dealers do is check for outstanding finance. I’m guessing the dealer may have originally thought it was a one off so maybe took the risk.
  • I thought that. It’s possible they were hawking them on so quick that it didn’t show up in finance records. Maybe. Sort of thing that would’ve worked in the 90s anyway.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • My partner was complaining about the speed of our BB the other day because we're working from home alot, both have netflix or something on in the background which is streaming and our conference calls are sketchy. She has an interview this week. So thought to myself, yeah, it's a bit shit. I wonder when it's due for renewal/end of contract. Turns out it was last month, Vodafone didn't even call me to upgrade me.. wow. So I check their deals and they can only give me up to 69mb using the online testing thing. I'm currently on 30 package and getting about 26mb download, 9 upload. 

Got something through the door the other week which caught my eye, community fibre. Basically fibre into my home. So yea, i've just signed up to 800mb for about £5 more than my previous vodafone BB. Mental. Installs Saturday, so you'll see me sooner in the future lol :P
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dick Dog & Nipple Chips
  • Noxy’s shopping for secret Santa, confirmed.
  • mk64 wrote:
    My partner was complaining about the speed of our BB the other day because we're working from home alot, both have netflix or something on in the background which is streaming and our conference calls are sketchy. She has an interview this week. So thought to myself, yeah, it's a bit shit. I wonder when it's due for renewal/end of contract. Turns out it was last month, Vodafone didn't even call me to upgrade me.. wow. So I check their deals and they can only give me up to 69mb using the online testing thing. I'm currently on 30 package and getting about 26mb download, 9 upload. 

Got something through the door the other week which caught my eye, community fibre. Basically fibre into my home. So yea, i've just signed up to 800mb for about £5 more than my previous vodafone BB. Mental. Installs Saturday, so you'll see me sooner in the future lol :P

I had mine fixed a few weeks ago after it dropped out completely for two days (EE). I pay for 'up to 70mb', which tended to give me 30mb or so on speed tests, but since the fix it's showing as half that on the Switch or PS4. Then (coincidentally?) I had an offer through the post for a better package from the same provider. Need to ring them up really but that getting bounced between departments for things like that always feels like an excruciating waste of life.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had that with EE. Was told that my cheap introductory offer was ending, rang them up and ended up paying them a fiver less per month.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Why not just say we've had a parcel misdelivered.. maybe even bring the parcel with you if you're actually going to the address it's addressed.

Probably didn't know if it was the right Xbox and didn't wanna disappoint you.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Angry Lego Mario says hello.

wf964nP_d.jpg
  • so sat in a cafe yesterday at the local mueseum and some cunt sits down with his mates who where enjoying a quiet lunch pulls out his guitar and starts singing and playing

130273498_10225096507898911_5929154271059569041_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4Iluh_86cgYAX9e99GF&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=f0b40b46f657ef7de6b77ed1c4b62f00&oe=5FF1D222
    The Forum Herald™
  • Candid Bob in the mirror is cracking me up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Looks like he'd enjoy a ham wrap
  • Haha, hardly subtle.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!