Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Lol uncle doesn't know what a....*checks back at posts*...Pomelo is. How can anyone not know what one of those...*checks again*...fruits are.
  • They sound like effort to get into tbh.  I struggle with fruits that have to be unwrapped, never mind those that require a knife.
  • You don't need a knife. An axe will do just fine.
  • beano wrote:
    Ha, I took that to mean that you were trying to get across the river rather than needing to shout at it!  Considering Merseyrail's twitchy services I thought you'd been stranded on one side or t'other.

Would love to visit some parks over the water tbh getting a bit bored of ours, also they're a cluster fuck full of dickheads! As you know from dog walking, I've been taking me mates dog to prinny park just because it's more chill than sevvy.

Anyway! 

Pomelo's, had no idea, now I do!

Me too, but that's no longer local so that's out. Princes is a bit on the small side but would make a nice change.

@code Pomelo would be terrible with a raspberry hint. I agree that starfruit tastes of very little but at least it's more distinct than dragonfruit. Never has such a cool looking food tasted so bland and meh. It doesn't even really have a texture.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Confusingly, pomelo is also Spanish for grapefruit. But a pomelo is also a pomelo
  • So what do you do when you want a pomelo but not that pomelo?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You take your chances. Luckily I don't like either.
  • Eat a lettuce.

Tastes like starfruit.
  • Its an Opal Fruit to me.
  • imagine how great it would be if grapefruit tasted like grapefruit flavour
  • I like pomelo and star fruit and grapefruit and dragon fruit.

They all differing degrees of tasty.

There is only one truly bad fruit. The durian.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    And you're hungry like the wolf?
  • As as Scotsman, the only fruit that I've heard of is the potato, so this pomelo intrigues me.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I feel like a bit of an arse hole.

Blindboy tweeted earlier about how he wishes he could do a podcast where he chats to someone else about topical stuff so that he doesn't have to spend 'several days' making his hour-long monologue weekly podcasts. I replied to his tweet just saying that it must be tough working several days a week with just several thousand patrons *winkyface* and that it was a bit much to complain.

He deleted his tweet shortly after :/

AITA?

I just felt it a bit much when you're presumably pulling in over £6k pcm (if all the patrons paid £1, I pay £5 a month to him so presumably he's on more). I only looked up his Patreon stats last week and it kinda irked me a bit tbh, not the number of patrons, but that every week on his podcast he does a 'I'm a struggling artist and this is my only income atm, if you can spare the price of a coffee or a pint please do'. Like m8, I've just seen you're earning way, way, way more than I earn, and you're grumbling about working 'several days' in a week?

It's got me thinking about other people on Patreon - like Contrapoints used to put out regular videos, now it's like what, 3 a year? She has 12k patrons according to graphtreon. I'm not a patron of hers but for pulling in ~£12k pcm I'd expect more than a few videos a year.

On the other hand, fair play to them I guess.

I think I was just irked at a) moaning about working 'several days' in a week and b) the cap-in-hand woe is me every week.

I should probably just cancel my patronage and enjoy the podcast like I used to.
  • I don't think you're the asshole.

I have similar feelings about this stuff. A lot of content creators charge by the product (video, podcast etc) like my pal Hamish (writing on games) or Matthewmatosis, which I think is the right way to do it.

Others just do the rolling monthly patreon. Folk like Shaun, Hbomb, Matt over at Cool Ghosts etc do the rolling monthly thing. I think tos preys on the whole parasocial stuff more than anything, but it's a fraught conversation. Matt hasn't made anything in over a year of receiving around £845 a month for CG, on top of whatever he gets from Shut Up and Sit Down subscriptions (but, that's split between three)

Supporting artists and creators to work is great, but it's rarely entirely based on merit. It's a complex web of popularity, fame, connections and so on. It must be tough to feel the pressure to create, and quite often they'll need to pay researchers, editors and the like. 

But it falls down elsewhere. What do you think I get paid for the writing I do? Generally it's somewhere between £20 and £50 an article, if I am lucky. Better paying stuff might be £100-£250, but that's dependent on pitches and competition. This is ignoring that usually I am gonna have to buy/play games for multiple tens of hours at a time. The influencer economy is an interesting one, but I do think that it's really sus.

Perhaps I am just miserable that payment is entirely disconnected from labour, and I am pulling sour grapes. I dunno.
  • Thanks, that's reassuring that (in this instance) I'm not the arsehole.

I actually DM'd him to apologise but no reply, which is expected. I'll probably cancel.

The parasocial comment is spot on.
  • No insider info pls.
  • NTA
    People get used to their lot very quickly.
    We all need reminding every now and then.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • All these YouTubers , twitch folk, podcasters, anybody on pattern, hell, anybody with a bunch of followers on any kind of social media, where that is their only intrinsic "occupation" or achievement - every last damn one, fucking potty. Prove me wrong bros
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Thanks for the OF sub btw Gonz.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You can shift your patreon dues from blindboy to mine at projectilevomittv if it helps
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I'd pay Gonz's Patreon sub.

Henni's areola wipe.
    Cambabe aficionado.
    Wanking, torque is cheap.
  • Last one has been replaced by a nofap series called "Zinc Again!", we must all do our part in the fight against the virus etc etc.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm gonna launch Another Zinc Coming and blow his out of the water.
  • Gooteks POGchamp face emoticon removed from twitch due to his antivax comments and controvercial statements ref the storming of a particular government building
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!