Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    90’s for me was experiences and nights out with good friends. Music was varied and depended on where we went or what the mood was that night. Immediate memory would be...

• I'm envious of those that experienced any part of the 90s in clubs or at gigs.

I was 14 in 2000 so really most of my prime gig/nights were in the naughties. There was some great stuff then but it was so dominated by poser indie.

I guess advantages were I was in at the ground level of stuff like Dubstep before it went to shit after the yanks got involved. Grime as well, I was into that in the first wave and knowing Roony (Risky Roadz) in the gap between means I've met people I wouldnt get near now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If it’s any consolation I don’t remember many of those nights
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I remember In Da Club in various clubs and the repelling expression it gave me. I mostly sat at the bar drinking with my back to the shuffles and scuffles. None of my mates liked beer gardens, preferring to sit in daaark rooms, because that's where the social life was. And the one-armed bandit, but we didn't call him that to his face.

To be fair to the '90s, I don't think many generations have enjoyed the cultures surrounding great music because it seldom births them. Retrowave's appreciated far more now than it was in the '80s, when much of it was lost to walls of shite, and yet today's young fans pine for this time that never was. The '60s is maybe the only decade I'd have gelled with mainstream-wise. An old mate went raving long after its heyday in the noughties, and as much as I thought their music silly, they did seem to be having a grand old time.

Also, the mid '90s were the best years of my life, and I'd imagine that's a common feeling among our 40ish lot, so it's not like I wasn't receptive. But yer Placebos and Republicas and Elasticas and Manics and Kenickies... The latter inspired somewhat by Blondie with none of the verve. The fucking Verve! And Liam setting his mic too high for something to win a staredown against.

At least Cocker had a sense of humour.

East-Enders.gif
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It seems a pity to miss out on the music of your own generation. I'm so glad I got in on the warehouse techno/house scene as it's the defining sound of the early to mid nineties and one for the history books. It can seem worthless when you're looking in from the outside. Punk must have seemed like terrible nonsense if you weren't part of it, but looking back it would have been a pity not to be a teenage punk in 1977.
  • Loved cast growing up
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • For me the 90's was were its at. Its all a bit of a Blur and my mind isnt quite as Elastica as it used to be but if I Cast my mind back it seemed a real Oasis of variety. Maybe its all a Placebo and its just that my D.Reams have been tinted by a Kiss From A Rose but I remember many Happy Mondays spent in the Nirvana of the 90's music scene, lots of New Kidz On The Block from all genres but my love for the decade will remain Eternal.
    So yea... Take That modern music!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Send that in to the Viz.
  • Meanwhile in Salt Lake City...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Isn’t this place outside of Salt Lake City the place that builds/engineers all the insane stage sets for performers worldwide? Makes sense that eventually someone around there would buy up one of the ‘used’ constructions.
  • Ah, hold up. I’m wrong. It’s the Amish community in Pennsylvania. Not the Mormons in Utah.

These guys: https://www.taittowers.com
  • Incredible portfolio those guys have now.
  • I listen to heart 90's almost daily

Most played songs on there are 

Kiss from a rose
    Walking in Memphis (not the cher version)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking Kiss from A Rose. God that song seemed to last the whole of the 90's.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    I listen to heart 90's almost daily Most played songs on there are  Kiss from a rose Walking in Memphis (not the cher version)

I really hope it's the Scooter version.
  • Cosby wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    I listen to heart 90's almost daily Most played songs on there are  Kiss from a rose Walking in Memphis (not the cher version)
    I really hope it's the Scooter version.
    Fucking Scooter! Shameless KLF plagiarists who plumbed new depths throughout the 90s. 
    Still I'll have to give 'em a pass for their use of Jimmy Torres' classic "Wheels" in this particular musical atrocity...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The big mistake is defining a decade by a singular genre, which Scape did with Navel Gazing. And that's a massive part (and a part I particularly like) but it's also something we commonly all do. You think the 70s and for the majority of people it's Disco, but for others it's the rise of Metal, or even the Punk scene. You look at the 80s and for most it's the electronic scene but for others it's Industrial or even the absolute sheen of perfect pop .

Just don't define a decade by a genre.
  • Agreed. I listened to punk, rap, pop, Brit pop, indie and garage all in the 90’s
  • Funnily enough, it turns out you can fit a lot of music into 10 years.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My favourite albums of the 1980s as I ranked my top 5 10 years ago were -

Pretty Hate Machine
    Purple Rain
    Paul's Boutique
    Born In The USA
    Power Corruption Lies

(With Disintegration as number 6)

So find the decade in that
  • The 1980s.
    What do I win?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I never did my 90s one and I'm not sure I could. I suspect it would ascribe more to Scape's theory as I was Mr Britpop but I also loved Pavement and the Pumpkins
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s the 80s, you gave it away in your introduction.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    The 1980s.
    What do I win?

This is such a good in joke I want to actually send you a prize
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hey, Reg picked 2 albums that might be in my top 10 80s.
  • Top five from the 90’s

Jagged little pill
    The score
    Basket case
    Weezer
    What’s the story
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can't beat these classics:

IMG-5356.png

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
    Portishead - Dummy
    Paul Weller - Stanely Road
    Faithless - Reverence
    The Verve - Urban Hymns
  • Strong enough by Cher also gets ALOT of airtime on heart 90’s.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!