The No Subject Thread
  • monkey wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Inspired by Black Mirror. Also, 'creators'. What are they creating?
    An economy built on pure bullshit.

Farming?
  • monkey wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Inspired by Black Mirror. Also, 'creators'. What are they creating?
    An economy built on pure bullshit.

Tutor building practices.
  • Doing a livestream with some super talented folks at 11pm to raise money for Special Effect, a charity that makes controllers for less abled folks so they can enjoy games just the same as everybody (we're actually doing a 24hr stream for www.gameblast.org.uk but I'm just doing a couple of hours). Stop by and chuck a few quid in if you can, it's for the bestest of causes. https://www.twitch.tv/mediatonic
  • Can they make a controller for people who can't stick aim for shit like me.
  • Yeah he did cheat at cards! He’s got your number nick
  • Fuck fake gurus

Coffeezilla ftw
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cryptic
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Can they make a controller for people who can't stick aim for shit like me.

I thought I was the only one. Maybe we need a charity all of our own.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Just watched Mastermind. One of the questions in the general knowledge round was about Rickrolling.

Amazing
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I love Monday evening TV, highlight is Only Connect, I think other than football focus on Saturday morning it's the only show I tune in live for. Monday's a great quiz night on TV.
  • I swear mastermind has become stupidly easy. It is like idiocracy.
  • Only connect is brilliant.
  • Victoria Coren is brilliant.
  • And embarrassingly unfunny.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Thats part of it though. Victoria is a far more amusing when writing than when speaking. She has that nerdy side to her that tempers her ability to deliver a line but is quite endearing.

She is probably a great deal funnier when not performing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • n0face wrote:
    Only connect is brilliant.

I really didn't get it at first but now quite enjoy it.
    I have accepted I'm too thick to get more than half an answer per episode but it is a more enjoyable watch as a thicko than University Challenge.
  • +1
  • I’m good at the missing vowels bit.
    The rest of it, less so.
  • Anyone know what happened to extra virgin olive oil? At some point this was the only type of olive oil I ever saw for sale, but now- at least here- it doesn't seem to exist
  • Plenty still in Tesco. Is this a German thing?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Outside of Spain I've never seen any type except extra virgin. Supermarkets always crammed with the stuff.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    And embarrassingly unfunny.
    Fit tho
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Was this the thread where people were having logo chat?

One of our bigger logo projects has just launched publicly this morning. The 2023 Cycling World Championships.

https://www.cyclingworldchamps.com

It’s like the Olympics of cycling – the first time all cycling disciplines have brought their world championships together as one big event. Like the Olympics or Commonwealth Games, it’ll go to a different host city every time. And the very first one is Glasgow in 2023.

So we’ve developed the brands for three different things here: UCI (the sport’s governing body), The Cycling World Championships (the event – this part is the equivalent of designing the Olympic Rings, it’ll get used every time), and Glasgow 2023 (the host city identity).

So you have a corporate brand, feeling very official. An event brand, that has to feel like elite sport. And a host city brand, that has to feel local, inclusive and friendly. The host city brand has to be able to separate from the event after 2023 and become a ‘legacy’ badge that can be applied to all the long-term cycling and infrastructure projects coming out of the event (like the National Lottery logo does). And all three of those have to work together as well.

As the brand agency, we’ve done far more than just the logo. Everything from the corporate strategy behind the whole thing, to the tone of voice and all the copywriting, to the photography, filmmaking, and social media. Even the on-screen graphics that you’ll eventually see on TV broadcasts of the races. I think the very last bit I helped with was the presentations to persuade local councils around Scotland to invest their money in hosting individual events (eg. downhill mountain bike in Fort William, etc).

Doesn’t seem to be up on YouTube yet, so here’s a Vimeo link. Link included because sometimes Vimeo embeds are shonky on here.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nice, definitely better than the London 2012 logo.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unrelatedly:

https://cookieconsentspeed.run/

First attempt was almost 3 minutes for me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Outside of Spain I've never seen any type except extra virgin. Supermarkets always crammed with the stuff.

Plenty of slutty and extra virgin olive oil in supermarkets near me.
  • Extra virgin is mostly bullshit anyway. As someone who was dipped in olive oil barely a few days old, you can trust me on this. It's toss made for a skeptical, buttery market. Some is good, some isn't. When I grew up, it mostly denoted taste. Extra virgin oil had no taste. (Of course it has a bit, but it's more fine).

Part of the problem is, the original point of virgin and extra virgin stuff was to get rid of smells and odors. That got rid of a lot of taste. Because honkeys.

You just want cold-preased, unrefined olive oil. Go to any ethnic shop, avoid olive pomace and all other funky names, find a Turkish or Cypriot olive oil, at a decent price. It'll be extra virgin anyway probably, but what matters is it's cold pressed and off you go.

Smells are good. Olives are tasty. Olive oil should have an olive smell. I pay good money every year to take a trip to Paris to buy the good stuff, fucking ten euro for a 500mil bottle, the cunts charge for Ithri olive oil. Smells fucking glorious, tastes like the devil's own fucking balls

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nut oil man myself.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!