The No Subject Thread
  • Inversely, I'll rattle bags of smoky bacon crisps but I don't like actual bacon lol
  • I like grape flavour stuff but I agree it doesn't taste like grapes or even wine.

Cherry is similar, cherry flavoured things are really maraschino flavoured which is made using cherries but not really the flavour of raw cherries. Love that as well.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I love grapes (who doesn’t?) but I am not a fan of grape flavoured stuff. I don’t find it pleasant, partly because it does not taste (to me) like grapes. I put it alongside most crisp flavours; there’s a general consensus of what a particular flavour should taste like, it’s just not related to the taste of said thing.

Wine says hello.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Fake banana is good although it tastes nearly, but not quite, entirely unlike banana.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I think the fake banana taste was actually based on what bananas used to taste like. We have an inferior tasting banana now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You might, but I certainly don't, thank you very much!
  • I think this is one of those cases where others are the best judge.
  • I grew up thinking I didn’t like coffee, thanks to trying shitty coffee-flavoured chocolates in the ’80s.
  • Meanwhile in Tesco…
    4tcBg2a.jpeg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think the fake banana taste was actually based on what bananas used to taste like. We have an inferior tasting banana now.

Yeah, this is true. The old bananas got a disease apparently.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't like grapes.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just locked myself out and had to wait an hour for my dad to come round with the spare key. Absolute boss.
  • Did he bring grapes?
  • He said he would but he welched.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think the fake banana taste was actually based on what bananas used to taste like. We have an inferior tasting banana now.

Yeah, this is true. The old bananas got a disease apparently.

Our current banana stock isn't doing that great either.
  • Tastes better with codeine in it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If you think Coca Cola tastes like cola then you should try Fentiman's Curiosity cola.  Like drinking Haribo.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    If you think Coca Cola tastes like cola then you should try Fentiman's Curiosity cola.  Like drinking Haribo.

See also: fritz-kola
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    The best tasting bananas I ever had were tiny ones in Japan.

GH7IwdWbwAAZXnM.jpg

They were so sweet. Delicious.

I think banana-flavour is closest to an over-ripe, deep-yellow-largely-masked-by-black-spots banana, rather than a last-hints-of-green-only-just-faded-away bright yellow banana, which I tend to prefer.

I think you'll find they are averaged sized and perfectly satisfying.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • DrewMerson wrote:

GH7IwdWbwAAZXnM.jpg

I think banana-flavour is closest to an over-ripe, deep-yellow-largely-masked-by-black-spots banana, rather than a last-hints-of-green-only-just-faded-away bright yellow banana, which I tend to prefer.

Goddamn, that's a lot of fingers. But I guess that's normal for Aberdeen.

I can tell you, to the day, where I had my first taste of coffee.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • MattyJ wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:

GH7IwdWbwAAZXnM.jpg

I think you'll find they are averaged sized and perfectly satisfying.

Lol
  • Just had a bit of a rammy with a couple because they were standing  by while their dog was running at me, jumping up and barking.  It just kept running round me and they did nothing.  I gave them plenty of opportunities to do something but they weren't interested.   I even heard the woman say to the guy that, "he's gone totally mental".  Still, fuck all.

So I gave them a good old fashioned piece of my mind.  After telling them to get it on a lead since they can't control it, the guy was adamant that if the dog hasn't bit me, then there's no issue.  Fucking clown.  Anyway, after me telling them that allowing their dog to do that was totally unacceptable, they quietly put it on a lead and scuttled off.
  • Fuck sake. Last night I heard a man on the phone to someone in the corridor giving it "... It's an absolute disgrace they won't even let us bring the dog in to see her" as in, a fucking hospital. Nah mate, allergies and other people's trauma over incidents they may have had just disappear once you come in our front door. Idiot.
  • You Scots have some lovely phrases. Rammy, spooly peg... Adding to my dictionary every week!

But yas, feckless owners do my head in. I know my dog is a menace. She didn't used to be, used to be pretty good about coming back. But then she got confident. And then she developed a strong need to herd (harass) other dogs, specifically the ones that are chasing after toys. Catching a border collie is HARD, so she isn't an off lead dog anymore.

It's not hard.

Here's another one: people who walk next to roads with their dog off leash. There's a pack of 5 or 6 nearby that are stunningly well behaved when walking together. But just takes one to dart off and there's a whole load of people's days ruined.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yar, I squished a dog a couple of years ago. The owner let him out the front door without the leash and he darted straight out between parked cars and under my wheels. Luckily, the owner immediately recognised it was totally his fault but I still had to hang around while the dog died, which wasn't very nice for anyone involved.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Just had a bit of a rammy with a couple because they were standing  by while their dog was running at me, jumping up and barking.  It just kept running round me and they did nothing.  I gave them plenty of opportunities to do something but they weren't interested.   I even heard the woman say to the guy that, "he's gone totally mental".  Still, fuck all. So I gave them a good old fashioned piece of my mind.  After telling them to get it on a lead since they can't control it, the guy was adamant that if the dog hasn't bit me, then there's no issue.  Fucking clown.  Anyway, after me telling them that allowing their dog to do that was totally unacceptable, they quietly put it on a lead and scuttled off.

I'm afraid if I thought there was a risk of a bite then I would have lost my toe up its arse. That makes it an issue.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!