Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • I found it interesting they commented that all that lore stuff you get in loading screens is finished with fast loading.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Bluepoint remasters never look right, they've got the technical talent but they really aren't very good at sticking to an aesthetic or mood.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Bluepoint remasters never look right, they've got the technical talent but they really aren't very good at sticking to an aesthetic or mood.
    Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't disagree more.
  • g.man wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.

Too clean?

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • g.man wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.
    I've never played one and have only seen this and SotC. I can definitely see what you mean, however.

Demons looks stunning but I'm not sure it looks dark and grim in that very particular way. Certainly something to be said with limitations of the time being important in The Whole Game Experiene.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think I’ll just play it and enjoy it (or not) for what it is.
  • The thing is I remember the tendency thing, the more you die the harder it gets. :-(
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.
    Too clean?

I've gone on about it a lot but I think remakes and remasters just frequently misunderstand the games they're updating, which is no surprise: a team spends a long time coalescing on an artistic vision, and it can be hard to reverse engineer that. There's a lot of pushing technical stuff and detail where it isn't needed, but because it's just expected. Obviously that's fine for a lot of people, but in Demon's Souls all the filigree and fuss added to the armour and environments is sort of besides the point of the aesthetic of the world? Why's tower knight rocking all that weird embossed busywork on his armour? It definitely shows off what the engine can do and how hard their artists have worked on it, but it's not really what Tower Knight should *feel* like really. Never would go as far too say as they've "ruined" it, but the austere environments and design is sort of key to Demon's Souls.
  • Graphics overhaul and other extensive mods for games are similarly flawed, usually they ruin the art direction or the feel of the whole experience. It's why I tend to think that mods as a feature is somewhat overrated.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Meh, if it plays well it could still be great, even if the look is shinier as well as shinier. Too early to judge.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.
    Too clean?
    I've gone on about it a lot but I think remakes and remasters just frequently misunderstand the games they're updating, which is no surprise: a team spends a long time coalescing on an artistic vision, and it can be hard to reverse engineer that. There's a lot of pushing technical stuff and detail where it isn't needed, but because it's just expected. Obviously that's fine for a lot of people, but in Demon's Souls all the filigree and fuss added to the armour and environments is sort of besides the point of the aesthetic of the world? Why's tower knight rocking all that weird embossed busywork on his armour? It definitely shows off what the engine can do and how hard their artists have worked on it, but it's not really what Tower Knight should *feel* like really. Never would go as far too say as they've "ruined" it, but the austere environments and design is sort of key to Demon's Souls.

I prefer to play Halo: CE in origovision rather than remastered.  It's probably because OG hits the nostalgia buttons more effectively but there's an argument the non-remastered visuals are more alien and immersive.  There is, because I've just made it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The fact that it plays at 60 FPS is good enough for me. The fact that it looks good (subjectively) is a bonus.

As I said before, I don’t think remasters are Sony’s USP, it’ll be those single player exclusives and new IP’s that we haven’t played before. I think this upcoming gen will be as good as, if not better than, the last.
  • Yeah, there are definitely parts of the game with the HD version of the OG game is better than the remakey version.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Boris, aren't you supposed to be on holiday or something?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I wish... what gave you that idea?

Edit - you’re talking politics. Wrong boris.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.
    Too clean?
    I prefer to play Halo: CE in origovision rather than remastered.  It's probably because OG hits the nostalgia buttons more effectively but there's an argument the non-remastered visuals are more alien and immersive.  There is, because I've just made it.

Halo: CE with the remastered graphics is really terrible, just far too busy and messy. Really fucks with the gameplay. Halo 2 remastered on the other hand looks really rather good, it just looks more like it should somehow, and I prefer to play it like that instead of the OG graphics. Not sure why 2's treatment is so much better than the first game.
  • Tried, but seem to be out. I’ve now got another friend who’s after one!
  • Remasters seem to work best on games where the 'vibe' of the thing wasn't one of the most important features of the original game. I think that's why Tony Hawk worked so well recently, because they just needed to nail the feel of the controls. Whereas DS and Shadow both were remembered for the overall feel of it which is a hard thing to replicate. I wonder if it's even possible to upgrade the graphics of an old game and still hold that look and feel.
    Even just up-rezzing and sharpening can be a negative effect when you look at games like Silent Hill 2 where the fog was created so specifically for the PS2 and so lost the vibe in the ports.

I'm still happy for them to make these sorts of things because they'll get better and better at them and because it never means the original doesn't exist if you still want to play it. Just like movie remakes. 

Now where's my Burnout Trilogy Remaster already!
  • I played through the Monkey Island 2 remaster over the weekend. It's tricky to pinpoint what feels right or wrong about these things sometimes. I thought the SE of the original game looked horrible so I played it with the original visuals earlier in the year, but the sequel was acceptable to me. Yet it looks quite similar to the first remake, so it's quite fine margins at times.

The best full overhaul of an old game in terms of visuals is the remake of Wonderboy III imo.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Skateboard game not about the vibe eh?  smdh
  • Bluepoint remasters never look right, they've got the technical talent but they really aren't very good at sticking to an aesthetic or mood.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I've never played one and have only seen this and SotC. I can definitely see what you mean, however. Demons looks stunning but I'm not sure it looks dark and grim in that very particular way. Certainly something to be said with limitations of the time being important in The Whole Game Experiene.
    SoTC looked stunning but it missed out of the feel and atmosphere of the original. There was a very subtle feel to the light in the OG which the remake doesn't capture. Having massive draw distances in the remake is dandy but a little stylistic haze/mist in the distance would have helped capture the mood of the original I think.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Hmmmm, with Demons souls I think they are just really different, but not in a bad way, for me personally. New one is just cleaner, and with way more contrast and a cooler hue. I really dig it.

Also really liked the new art direction of the SOTC remake, again it was just cleaner and the lighting took centre stage on most of the island, whereas the OG I only really remember the forest having all those god rays.

So yeah different but good, I myself wouldn’t be as excited to play it again if it felt/looked/ played very much the same as before.
  • Spiderman remastered footage.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hundo'd the first one and this looks like visually and performance wise a big jump. However, it has only been, what, 2 years since I played it, and I literally remember that construction yard battle beat for beat. No need to go back to it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That looks pretty good.  I held off on a lot of late gen games, including Spider-Man, so when I get me a PS5 next year I’ll have some of that.
    Get schwifty.
  • What have they done to Peter? They've been bad to my boy!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They replaced his face model with a new face model that looks more like the voice actor so the motion capture works better.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • BG1f8Fu.jpg

imm4IWs.jpg

Nice bit of raytracing though.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    They replaced his face model with a new face model that looks more like the voice actor so the motion capture works better.

It looks awful!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!