X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • I don’t think there’s a winner and a loser any more. We have two companies with very different strategies. They can both win, in different arenas.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I still think there’s valid room for both approaches tbh. It just makes it easier for me to choose PS5 at launch and then look at a Series X about a year down the line, or just get an upgraded PC.

Edit - timing Pop :-)
  • WE HAVE A CONSENSUS GUYS.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Close the thread our work here is done!
  • For me I don’t have a gaming PC and the benefits of Gamepass and the fact I only play mp on the Xbox I’ll be going Series X and maybe further down the line I’ll get a Ps5.

But Microsoft need to sort out their exclusives though.

One thing regarding the Ps5 and VR , I’ve read someone say that they’ll be able to use the PS4 headset on the 5, is that confirmed?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • MS will drop a bomb at some point and just say “we’re not that bothered about VR, so we’ve just made these existing VR headsets fully compatible and there’s a new VR library in the store, enjoy.”.
  • I think they need to, to be honest.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I think they need to, to be honest.

It’ll happen. They have absolutely no reason to make one themselves and they’re not interested. What negatives would there be? It’s really not the be all though, I’ve had the PSVR for years and even though it’s awesome it’s something we only set up if people are coming around that haven’t played it so they can experience it and we can enjoy watching them. Keep thinking I should use it more but I just can’t be bothered.
  • If I were Microsoft, I’d be waiting until wireless VR headsets are a viable, affordable thing. Then offering compatibility straight away.

Say someone like HTC develop a wireless Vive – I’d want that to launch with a big announcement that “Oh, and one more thing … it’s compatible with Xbox!”
  • I can see
    Making the hardware compatible but whose going to make software? Unless you can just run pc games on series x?
    The Forum Herald™
  • No. You can run Series X games on PC, but you can't run PC games on Series X. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Verecocha wrote:
    MS will drop a bomb at some point and just say “we’re not that bothered about VR, so we’ve just made these existing VR headsets fully compatible and there’s a new VR library in the store, enjoy.”.

I would put money on them doing just this. It makes sense. Valve, Vive and HTC have already done tge dev work and spent the cash.

PSN - minkymu
  • Aye. And things like a quick port of Half-Life Alyx would be handy ‘exclusives’ for Xbox versus Playstation.
  • Are valve more likely to go with ps5 over xbox exclusive? Given that xbox on pc would be a direct competitor? Just speaking off the top of my head
    SFV - reddave360
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It'd have to be wireless for me. Having a played both, the Quest dumps all over PSVR experience wise. And controller wise. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on PSVR when we nearly did. Would have grabbed a Quest if they were readily available.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think MS are still wise to keep powder dry on VR. the PSVR is the most comfortable set on the market, no doubt about that, but man it's outdated tech now.

And vr still isn't where it needs to be. We've had Alyx, but we need probably 4-5 more Alyx esque games before everyday people start going for it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How many will it take to get the grandmothers on board?
  • Is a grandmother the same as a nan or do I need a different console for that
    The Forum Herald™
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    MS will drop a bomb at some point and just say “we’re not that bothered about VR, so we’ve just made these existing VR headsets fully compatible and there’s a new VR library in the store, enjoy.”.

I would put money on them doing just this. It makes sense. Valve, Vive and HTC have already done tge dev work and spent the cash.

That’s the thing, if it’s at very little cost and it gets people on board and/or sells more software why not? If they’re not interested in developing their own headset, which they’re right not to, why not open up the market even more. No brainier for me, can’t see the negative as long as the costs are low.
  • Paul. Chill man, we get it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Chilled as owt Gav. It's not me with the bizarre worries and fears.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Interesting that I'm the one singled out for the grandmother joke mind.
  • We’ve moved on to baseless speculation on VR now. Keep up lads.
  • No it's just bizarre you seem more than any bothered by it. It's a comment that became a forum meme for the week, but it seems you're digging further for whatever reason. Don't get defensive man, we're all adults here.

Just enjoy the jokes and move on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Except when I make a joke I get told to chill out?

Do you fancy taking your own advice?
  • Okay man, dropping it. Fuck sake.
  • Lol dude I’m sorry it was a single out I mentioned it before you must have missed it.

I can tell
    You think I’ve agenda and it’s clear you don’t like me but it’s all good in the hood.

I just thought it was funny you where accusing people of being fanboys for not letting the x series x confusion lie last night when it’s clearly become a forum joke that’s actually why it keeps cropping up.

As I said it’s just my opinion and my thoughts it makes no difference to the success of the either console.

I’ve no issue with you or Xbox or anyone else. Just to be clear. Hugs all round or just ignore me. Apologies if I’ve rubbed you up the wrong way.
    The Forum Herald™
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    “Here are next year’s Xbox games. They’ll look best on the new Xbox Series X.”

And the probable Sony response: "here are our games. They are for PlayStation 5 only and take full advantage of its improved hardware. This allows us to do things not possible last gen. Don't play last gen games with better graphics, play next gen games with next gen gameplay"

I'm an MS fan boy at heart but this is the issue I think will be a problem. It's an easy win for Sony, and all MS need to do is have a few games which are series x exclusive or have bespoke series x versions of games which have features unique to series x.

And the PS5 games look like exactly as next gen as the Xbox ones.
  • I think that’s the point though they make look the same but is it holding back
    A true next gen experience?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Not for the first couple of years. I wouldnt expect anything beyond graphics dials being turned up and the same levels may load quicker.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!