X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • Xbox france confirmed in an interview the the series x is in production. Not rwally a huge surprise, but nice to know.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Is it still due in November?
  • MS should throw in the towel based on what I have read regarding the PS5.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yup. No games and C64 graphics. Losers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    C64? That good?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    MS should throw in the towel based on what I have read regarding the PS5.

The UE5 PS5 exclusivity is a real coup for Sony.
  • Lol theywish it was exclusive.

Will probs run better on PS5 though.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Lord_Griff wrote:

O_o

Joke, right?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:

O_o

Joke, right?

Yeah the epic president has said UE5 will work just fine on series x and high end pc

PSN - minkymu
  • Is Griff’s post a joke too? I’ve not read anything that makes one console stand above the other. Neither on tech specs nor on software (both are BC). Maybe I’m not reading enough. Might have to visit the dreaded next gen thread...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is Griff’s post a joke too? I’ve not read anything that makes one console stand above the other. Neither on tech specs nor on software (both are BC). Maybe I’m not reading enough. Might have to visit the dreaded next gen thread...

Brace yourself.....
    PSN - minkymu
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Opposites attract. So I imagine Elf and the next gen thread will repel massively.
  • Thing is that goes to show how genius Sony were in paying epic to say it's on ps5. Now that's in everyone's minds, that this is what the ps5 is capable of. No mention of Xbox on the stream. Damn clever move.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It is but will be forgotten when it comes to actual release time and we have seen actual games being played in actual ways we can play them.
    Spoiler:
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Thing is that goes to show how genius Sony were in paying epic to say it's on ps5. Now that's in everyone's minds, that this is what the ps5 is capable of. No mention of Xbox on the stream. Damn clever move.

Any confirmation on epic being paid here?

• Epic has traditionally traded engine tech exposure for being able to push for certain hardware features. I think they did the same way back when with Gears of War when they wanted to ensure the 360 had enough RAM.

By all accounts, they’ve been talking a lot with Sony about the PS5 hardware design.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It is but will be forgotten when it comes to actual release time and we have seen actual games being played in actual ways we can play them.
    Spoiler:

It will be decided by how much it costs, initially IMHO
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Any confirmation on epic being paid here?

Whether it’s financial or not, there’s surely a quid pro quo. Whether it’s influence, preferential treatment, co-promotion, or cold hard cash. 

At the most basic level, maybe Sony paid the dev costs for that particular demo.

We’ll never know, unless someone breaks contract to tell the press.
  • poprock wrote:
    Any confirmation on epic being paid here?

Whether it’s financial or not, there’s surely a quid pro quo. Whether it’s influence, preferential treatment, co-promotion, or cold hard cash. 

At the most basic level, maybe Sony paid the dev costs for that particular demo.

We’ll never know, unless someone breaks contract to tell the press.

Oh yeah, no doubt there was an agreement in place. Just doubt it was cash.
  • Bill Gates will be crying into his solid gold cornflake bowl.
  • I like how Xbox people are shouting bribe yet forgetting that Fortnite has made Epic so much money that they were having Escobar style problems of what to even do with it all at one point.

There’s collaboration there, no doubt, but the amount of cash they’d make from charging to produce a demo? Pfft.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    "bribe" is also the wrong word. Companies do deals. It happens.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It was a bribe when Skype came to Microsoft. Jfc.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Aye, that.

It’s nothing nefarious. It’s just a thing.
  • regmcfly wrote:

The word bribe wasn’t meant literally but there’s sulky comments going around like Sony/Epic somehow did something distasteful/untrustworthy.* It’s a simple business collaboration that was mutually beneficial for both parties in ensuring they make even more money over the next decade.
    I mean the same thing led to the Gears franchise and where would we be without that?

*sulky comments are not found here at the bandb though. We’re all friendly and grown up and (generally) fairy pleasant to each other.
  • Whatever deal it was, there had to be something in place for epic to only mention ps5 on that video. Otherwise they'd state PC, ps5 and Xbox.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Scenario one
    Epic: “We’re developing this tech demo.”
    Sony: “That’s ace. Can we use it to show the power of the PS5?”
    Epic: “Maybe. What’s in it for us?”

Scenario two
    Sony: “Hey Epic, do you have anything we can use as a tech demo?”
    Epic: “Not yet, but we could make something. How about you help?”
    Sony: “Sure! Do you want money, devs, or creatives?”

Neither scenario has anything to do with Xbox, neither positive nor negative, and that’s fine.

(I can’t believe we’re still talking about this, but I guess there’s a lot of boredom around …)
  • It's not in epics best interest to suggest their shiny new engine will only run on one machine, because Devs will invest in a different shiny new engine that runs on all machines instead.
    So the fact that it runs on other machines wasn't mentioned at all means some kind of mutually beneficial deal was struck.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Devs aren't as thick as consumers, they are more than aware Unreal will and does support a wide range of platforms.

The purpose of stating it runs on a certain console will be to draw up some parameters dictated from an outside source.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!