FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    How long did it take you Franny?

Its weird my stats say 5 hours but I did an hour Thursday, 9 till 12 last night and 4 hours today so that must be wrong. Maybe it hasn't synched or something. I reckon 8-10 hours ish.
  • 7 hrs for me. Have heard reports it can be pushed to 12 if you're absolutely meticulous, so 8ish sounds about right.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I missed 3 achievements, no idea what I missed as I was enjoying reading all the notes etc so was having a good root. Maybe they weren't collectible related.
  • I missed six, handing my Gamer Card in
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I missed 3 achievements, no idea what I missed as I was enjoying reading all the notes etc so was having a good root. Maybe they weren't collectible related.

Did you
    Spoiler:
    ?

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I wish they had done more stuff like the
    Spoiler:
    They missed a trick there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Did you
    Spoiler:
    ?

Of course, I'm not a monster.
  • Yeah that stuff's great. All the dual world stuff was brilliant, but there just wasn't enough going on for me.

Also same to wookie's spoiler, do you think we're Yoss or something?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This is where Microsoft excel. Just brilliant.

• How was the second Mordor game? Eyeing up my next Game Pass game.
  • I managed about 2hrs before turning it off, it's a game of utter maximalism. If you absolutely loved Shadow of Mordor I can imagine you getting on ok with it, but I didn't love it enough that I wanted another 40+ hours of it. It very much feels like a direct continuation, you're even a lot stronger than you are in SoM, so the game starts off in a weird place of everything just being a bit of a cake walk. Also has the worst Ubisoft style tower sections in a game, where you have to manually find all waypoint markers every time.
  • Same. Wouldn’t bother. Huge download too.
  • Yuuup. Loved the first and hated the second
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Agree with the other posts here. Loved the first and despised the second. It’s just not enjoyable to play.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's the difference between the two?
  • One's good, the other isn't.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's obviously a top tier funny jokey joke and all that, thanks, but I wouldn't mind if the people that hate it can offer up a little more information. I mean, look:
    Tempy wrote:
    I managed about 2hrs before turning it off, it's a game of utter maximalism. If you absolutely loved Shadow of Mordor I can imagine you getting on ok with it, but I didn't love it enough that I wanted another 40+ hours of it. It very much feels like a direct continuation, you're even a lot stronger than you are in SoM, so the game starts off in a weird place of everything just being a bit of a cake walk. Also has the worst Ubisoft style tower sections in a game, where you have to manually find all waypoint markers every time.

And then we've got this:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Yuuup. Loved the first and hated the second
    Agree with the other posts here. Loved the first and despised the second. It’s just not enjoyable to play.

Now I've played both and agree with Tempy, they're very similar. For me the sequel took too long to get going and into the new stuff, but I'd not say I hated/despised it because it's not doing anything drastically different
  • The second one completely forgets why the nemesis system worked and that was what made the first special. The second is just too big and too impersonal. Too many armies, too many ideas.
    I loved the first. The seconds playable I guess.
  • Time hasn’t been kind either. I thought it looked like crap playing it recently. The first was early PS4 and, although it was a great game, it hit the right spot for something new on a new machine. There’s much better stuff to play on Gamepass than the sequel.
  • For me it just actually went too big. Every area was filled with things to do but also seemed to be filled with numerous enemies. I felt like I was being constantly hounded by enemies whenever I was playing.

I get that a sequel needs to expand on things but I just disliked all the additions. The nemesis system lost something through the added complexity.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Hectic with nonsense the second game. Pretty rubbish.
  • The thing is it kinda went where it needed to go.
    They arguably had to complicate the combat more, similarly, they kinda had to crank up the nemesis and the faction thing more, otherwise you might as well just play the first game.
    But I’m doing so they lost why the first one was so good.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It felt really lifeless to me, just way less personal, and devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever. It over complicated things and didn't hold my attention at all.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Anyone on here playing dirt 5 on a decent 4k hdr tv mind telling me what in game settings they use for graphics sliders. Ive pissed about with menu sertings and i cant help but feel it looks a bit washed out, like too much white. Particularly where there are flood lit stages or very sunny stages. This may just be how the game is??

This obvs shouldnt be a issue with an oled.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Ref Shadow of War
    From what I remember there was a whole scene where the end game was built on lootcrates and/or grind which they removed after pressure but left it kind of a mess.
  • I only played Shadow of War for an hour or so.  Definite feelings of too much going on, probably not helped by reviews I read that suggested they'd overdone it (some sort of tower defence thing in play too?).  It's probably fine, but 25+ hours is a a lot of time to devote to one game for me and I knew if I carried on I'd crave the relative simplicity of the original.
  • There’s a Risk (boardgame) thing going on. You conquer areas but then they can be lost (I think) again. It was all a bit much.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Well you're certainly all talked me out of Shadow of Mordor. I'll give it a miss I think.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok gave Medium another go. The setting is interesting but the PC version is kind of buggered for me in its current form.

The dual scene performance is really bad. I’m getting nearly 60fps normally but double the scene and it drops to mid 20’s going as low as sun 20fps.

Think I’ll wait for hopefully a DLSS patch or when I eventually get a desktop PC.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    More goodness 
    Xbox_Game_Pass_Coming_Soon_February_Wave_1.jpg

@moot_geeza will be delighted to see The Falconeer there already...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!