E3 2019 DROP THE LOAD
  • Plus Switch Panzer looks like it it's built from scratch.  Saga remake wouldn't be an impossible undertaking, I reckon they could Kickstart the fuck out of it too - it's the sort of thing that might not sell massively well if it arrived on the shelves in the standard way, but could potentially rake in loads of internet money in advance.
  • Today's embryonic gamers aren't going to know or give a frig about P Saga.
    Yeh, it'll grab some Kickstarter money but that's about it.

I had it back in the day. It was a great world but a basic as hell RPG from what little I can remember of it. Which isn't a good sign in of itself.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I have only managed to watch the Xbox and Nintendo E3 thingies, but on a year when I thought MS were going to walk E3 they somehow managed to get owned by Nintendo. That’su how you do it, MS; lots of actual gameplay, lots of exclusives and not a single boast in sight.

Hopefully they take note.

All the over the top conferences feel out of date imo. They don't even seem to demo games on stage now, what's the point?

I've not enjoyed them for years, all the whooping and hollering is just cringy.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • To me, there's a fine line. Bethesda maybe overstepped it, lining the entire front of the theatre with their employees going nuts. I wouldn't ever deny someone working tirelessly on a game the opportunity to see their work in lights and be excited by that, though.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    It was a great world but a basic as hell RPG from what little I can remember of it. Which isn't a good sign in of itself.

The battle system was almost as memorable as the world for me.  Was a very neat way of bringing the four-way rails gameplay to a different genre - a sort of pseudo realtime thing where you're shifting between four areas watching for danger zones/waiting for safe zones/attack windows while building and holding onto your berserk move for ultra damage.  Closest thing in recent years is Severed, although you're always bang in the middle for that - was a very good system imo, far more interesting than the standard RPG turn-based stuff of the time.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Of the 29 exclusives announced at the show (so far), across the 3 major consoles, 19 of those, were Switch games...
    Tbf, that excludes the likes of TLoU2 and Death Stranding, which may have well have been shown at E3 (or be playable at the event itself), but weren't trumpeted.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s not particularly surprising, at this stage Sony and Microsoft are gearing up for the next gen, Nintendo’s the only company which doesn’t have an eye on building up a catalogue ahead of as-yet-unannounced new hardware.
  • As we're onto the listing stuff phase I'm gonna go for it.  Wasn't a vintage year but as usual there were more than enough games shown to keep me occupied while I wait for next year's show.  I think this just about covers it, using Tempy's link as a guide.

WANT

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    Devolver Bootleg
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Link's Awakening
    Shenmue III
    Panzer Dragoon

Want

The Messenger: Picnic Panic
    Battletoads
    Watch Dogs Legion
    Enter the Gungeon: House of the Gundead (want to play anyway)
    DOOM Eternal
    Mario Maker 2
    BotW 2
    The Legend of Wright
    Circuit Superstars
    El Hijo

Might want

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
    Blasphemous
    Cadence of Hyrule
    My Friend Pedro
    Fall Guys
    Carrion
    Lego Forza
    Psychonauts 2
    Astral Chain
    Control
    12 Minutes
    Spiritfarer
    Empire of Sin
    Sky: Children of the Light
    GhostWire: Tokyo
    Fire Emblem Tree Houses
    Cyberpunk 2077
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That’s not particularly surprising, at this stage Sony and Microsoft are gearing up for the next gen, Nintendo’s the only company which doesn’t have an eye on building up a catalogue ahead of as-yet-unannounced new hardware.

I dont know if I quite agree with this anymore. I get what you mean and I'm not saying your wrong as such, I just think the market is going to change. If both Sony and Microsoft include things like Gamepass and backwards compatibility to at least one gen back if not more than games development will be more focused on getting games to market regardless of what gen hardware there will be. Sure, there will be the flagship games that sell the new tech, but I'd imagine we will see more and more consoles acting like pcs - boot up the game, select the format you are playing on (e.g. bone, bone x, bone x 2 etc.) and the game adjusts the graphic effects accordingly.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s likely the future, but we aren’t there yet.
  • Sony have certainly gone quiet. Perhaps a little too quiet...
  • WHERE TEH FUCK ARE 3DS GAMES
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's still time for 3DS announcements on Treehouse.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    As we're onto the listing stuff ...

Definite
    Zelda BotW 2
    Links Awakening
    Contra
    No More Heroes III
    Luigi's Mansion 3

Maybe
    Cyber Punk
    Panzer Dragoon

Think that's about it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian wrote:

I dont know. If the next x-box is coming in 2 versions from the start and both Sony and Microsoft have already tested the water this gen, the idea of this being really just an upgrade is pretty strong. Backwards compatibility on bone and PS4 software, bone hardware having BC - all points to the idea of new consoles slowly disappearing. I think we are entering the phone model of home consoles - its the best way to build a consistent user base. Good for customers too - cant upgrade to PS5 yet? dont worry, you can still play the games (maybe not quite as they were meant to be played) and they will carry over when you do.

I'd be really curious what Nintendo follows up switch with. Technically they tried the same with the Wii to the Wii-U but switch is has a much more unique USP than either x-box or Playstation
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It does seem like forward compatibility is coming to Bone at least, from what I can parse from interviews, but what I meant by that was more that we aren’t at the point where this has become enough of an established thing for the console manufacturers not to want to hold back games and announcements to support a new console launch.
  • Definite
    Outerworlds
    Cyberpunk
    BotW2
    Link's Awakening
    FF7 Remake
    Halo Infinite
    Elden Ring

Maybe
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Pokemon Sword/Shield
    FF8 Remaster
    Outriders
    Watchdogs Legion
    Gods & Monsters
    Battletoads
    Psychonauts
    Ghostwire Tokyo
    Blair Witch
    Bleeding Edge
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (a fall from grace, should be in my definite list)

A lot of the Maybe list will be a case of waiting for them to come on Game Pass or cheap.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    KOEGV6b.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Were there any ingame footage videos of Witcher 3 on Switch?
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    I dont know. If the next x-box is coming in 2 versions from the start and both Sony and Microsoft have already tested the water this gen, the idea of this being really just an upgrade is pretty strong. Backwards compatibility on bone and PS4 software, bone hardware having BC - all points to the idea of new consoles slowly disappearing. I think we are entering the phone model of home consoles - its the best way to build a consistent user base. Good for customers too - cant upgrade to PS5 yet? dont worry, you can still play the games (maybe not quite as they were meant to be played) and they will carry over when you do. I'd be really curious what Nintendo follows up switch with. Technically they tried the same with the Wii to the Wii-U but switch is has a much more unique USP than either x-box or Playstation

I assume that this is indeed how things will pan out for now. x86 architecture, and a persistently growing userbase tied to the platform with existing purchases and/or subs. Just like the iOS/Android model, and Steam/PC.

I expect this to be the standard console model going forward unless one of two things occurs:

1. Streaming becomes viable for the majority of the market (unlikely unless its paired with a hybrid download option), or;
    2. A major disruption in architecture occurs that requires an entire break with x86 base

My uneducated guess is that these things arent imminent so the only remainign question is whether any company will implement a rising floor a la iOS where older software designed with legacy OS versions in mind becomes obsolete if the developers can't update them.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Were there any ingame footage videos of Witcher 3 on Switch?
    Avery brief shot of him riding a horse. I think that was it, certainly all I caught.
  • I missed it but I just searched on Google for a heavily compressed .gif and it was probably no different.

Hiyo!

o/
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Were there any ingame footage videos of Witcher 3 on Switch?
    Avery brief shot of him riding a horse. I think that was it, certainly all I caught.

The footage in the trailer looked in engine. Quite a reduction from the main version but just cut scene stuff. If it's not on the floor to play then I imagine they're still ironing out frame rate and don't want to show it being played yet. Can't imagine how the cities will fair.

• FOR SURE
    Link's Awakening + spec ed + amiibo
    Final Fantasy 7
    No More Heroes 3
    Pokemon S/S
    (where's bayonetta 3 you cowards)
    Doom
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Animal Crossing
    Fire emblem
    edit: dragon quest 11

MAYBES
    Wolfenstein twins
    Astral Chain
    Trials of Mana
    Gods and Monsters

Dang that's a lot to want...
  • Vela wrote:
    WHERE TEH FUCK ARE 3DS GAMES

FREE JAKE HUNTER
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cheque please
    Links awakening
    Luigi 3
    Watch dogs oi oi
    Botw 2
    Contra
    Outer Wilds
    Doom
    Telling lies
    Animal crossing

a regular bugle boy
    Cyberpunk
    Fire emblem
    Smash pass
    Dragon quest xi
    Pokemon
    Forza Lego
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I'll get round to Shenmue 3 eventually, then DOOM ETERNAL and whatever doesn't suck out of Mikami's thing, Halo and FromSoft.  Should be fun watching the Cyberpunk hype-train crash and burn but it's a shame that death and rape threats seem to go with the territory.  Really spoils the schadenfreude.

Must resist Nintendo laser-targeting my nostalgia with that Link's Awakening special edition, it is a bad thing.  New Zelda is guaranteed, hoping for a mostly Goron-based experience.

The Monster Hunter expansion in a couple of months, then Death Stranding which I never expected in 2019.  Really looking forward to it.  I would've been happy with another year or two of Kojima's trailers tbh.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Is there a new Shining Force
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I've not had a chance to watch the nintendo direct, was Hades mentioned for Switch at all?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!