META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • Ta, I've SideQuest on my list to dig into but as I'm only on day 2 I'm still happy just seeing what's stock atm.

Just got 3 more tracks to clear on hard (of the non paid content), some of those final pack songs get tricky.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Absolutely, no rush. If you plan to play Vader Immortal anytime, top tips are:

1. Turn off the 'teleport' and use the joysticks to move about.

2. To avoid motion sickness, shift side to side/walk on the spot when moving in game.

3. Keep in character when playing, trying to bop the Dark Lord in the baws takes the immersion away :D
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Was gonna ask how long them star wars things are, I got the impression they're short?

Atm I've bs, sh and gc
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    But sweeet. If you're not a big Star Wars fan you'll probably feel short changed out of £7.99.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So about to jump on the Quest bandwagon. My stock Rift died and it’s clear from Connect where Facebook are going with this platform and Rift just isn’t it. I checked out the guys view of Oculus Link and seems good enough for me to still have access to the high fidelity games I want on PC like Asgard’s Wrath but then have the freedom of the lower visual quality games. And, if I’m honest, my most played “game” is Box VR.

Quick question. I don’t HAVE to use a Facebook account for the quest do I?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So about to jump on the Quest bandwagon. My stock Rift died and it’s clear from Connect where Facebook are going with this platform and Rift just isn’t it. I checked out the guys view of Oculus Link and seems good enough for me to still have access to the high fidelity games I want on PC like Asgard’s Wrath but then have the freedom of the lower visual quality games. And, if I’m honest, my most played “game” is Box VR. Quick question. I don’t HAVE to use a Facebook account for the quest do I?
    Nope. Quite a few 'hey why don't you link this to your Facebook?!' moments but you absolutely don't have to. I'm only singed in with an email address.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hey b0r1s, freedom turns VR into the greatest toy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Scout. I quit Facebook two years ago and haven’t missed it at all.

@Hair yep got a mate who has been banging on about it, but with a decent library of PC games from the Rift until I heard about Link I didn’t want to lose all those shinies (because I’m a gfx whore).

And if people using v1 of Link are saying latency is good then it can only get better. Best of both worlds.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Just had one of those five minutes of gaming pleasure that you never forget.

Sunday afternoon toot wearing off and on goes Beat Saber. Stumble across the remixed 'Electra Heart' by Marina and assume the position.

Intro starts and we're off, dicing a symphony of neon blocks to synths and strings and the goosebumps were up. Waves of euphoria zinging through me planting the biggest grin, and somewhere in the moment just caught myself thinking

'This is pure joy'. <3

Headphones recommended.

(Not me that is.)

• Can we nominate a song from the stock list for score chasing?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Think Shabby suggested starting with $100 Bills?

Oh, mystery solved why the scores were nowhere near the badger average - no fail was ticked!

Game on.

efW4gRA.jpg

• What difficulty? I'm all over that when I get home.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Could only see normal level scores for Scout and Shabba.
  • That's cause they're scrubs innit
  • Let's do normal and hard for 100 dollar bills
  • nick_md wrote:
    That's cause they're scrubs innit
    How dare you, sir.
  • My vr gauntlet is hitting the vr floor my good man
  • I thought it gauche to post the expert score.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Happy birthday Hair, all the best mate.
  • Get on the pinball nick.
  • Scout wrote:
    Get on the pinball nick.

Oh it's on
  • Happy nithvr hbvvr
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So quest is setup. Bit of a pain it just would not connect to the iPhone. It could t be found on the BT settings despite switching everything off and on. Managed to connect to my iPad. Makes no sense but there you go.

Impressed by the pass through video and, BT issues aside, the setup works well.

UI and screens are much better than the Rift. Much clearer text and everything just looks better higher res. However in game I can see the difference immediately and that is in much lower texture quality. I tried out Box VR and there a few small things like no depth to the wood floor, less particle effects when you hit a globe. These are all small niggles that will go away I’m sure.

And my final bugbear is the gouging. The fact that they want to charge you twice even if the game is bought on Rift is a joke. And it is clear it’s developer choice as the devs of Box VR had it listed as purchased in my store and I could just download it. I understand they have to port it, but I’m no way should that cost as much as I’ve already paid for the full game. I’m looking at you Beat Saber devs.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Happy birthday Hair, all the best mate.

Reports of my birth have been greatly exaggerated.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So had a proper go on Box VR today and yes the lack of wires does help massively. Happy to compromise on the visuals for the freedom.

Good news is Vader is cross buy so will be interesting to see how it compares to the fully fledged PC version.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's good you're feeling more positive now b0r1s, (btw typing your name is a pain in the ass ;)) and yeah paying twice for something just smells of greed. Half price would seem fairer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just go Boris ;-)

After watching Connect 6 you can just tell it’s the future with the link cable sealing the death of Rift. As each gen of cable tech gets better the latency will just get lower and as the portable chipsets gets better they could even do joint processing. Will be interesting to see whether they can get PC wireless working with low latency.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!