@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Interested to know can anyone here see my browsing habits?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yes and this is why I like you
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Surprised Facebook hasn’t banned you though.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh, Tsuro has been released on this. Its a great game, have the irl boardgame. No idea how it'll work in VR but I want to know.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Went looking for a trailer, watching it twice still none the wiser, but it looks a well chilly game.

• It's a turn based boardgame where you lay tiles down to create paths, those paths can effect you and an opponent, the goal is to basically be the last man standing, you can eliminate players by making their path go off the edge of the board.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh its mega simple but a really really tight game. I'm gonna buy it this weekend, like hair says it'll be chill as fook in VR
  • 3 days until Rez Infinite and Space Channel 5 come to Quest!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dreamcast emulation 2020 style!

LGOfFb5.gif

qJ1p7Rx.gif
  • Oh Ulala, keep shaking those hips for me
  • JMW wrote:
    I’ve set up an empty Facebook account ahead of this arriving, just added my normal one as one friend. Anything else suggested that would keep it under the fake account radar, if they do look out for that?

It might be empty but you'll need to keep it active. For a start you'll need a friends list to play MP. You'll be as well to use your normal one as your main. If they ban you your Quest is fucked.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It's positively not a good idea to use your normal one as a friend, in fact.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    For the small amount of the public bothered to set up a second account, why would FB profile death squads actively hunt down people buying their hardware and software is the question that loses me zero sleep.
  • This is from Facebook. Remember that having more than one account is a violation of policy.

“If you log in using your Facebook account or merge your Oculus and Facebook accounts and violate the Facebook Community Standards, Conduct in VR Policy or other terms and policies on any of our platforms your access to or use of Oculus products may be impacted. If your account is fully disabled as a result of this violation you may also lose access to your [games and content]. We are committed to keeping all of our platforms safer,” a spokesperson said.
  • For the small amount of the public bothered to set up a second account, why would FB account death squads actively hunt down people buying their hardware and software is the question that loses me zero sleep.

Again, you're failing to understand why they're spending billions subsidising this thing.
  • I'm obviously not going to buy one but if I did I sure as shit would not use a dual account.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    For the small amount of the public bothered to set up a second account, why would FB account death squads actively hunt down people buying their hardware and software is the question that loses me zero sleep.

Again, you're failing to understand why they're spending billions subsidising this thing.

For the majority of normal people.

• 3 days until Rez. Big fucking grin.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • No, it's to get you tied to a single active account in preparation for AR.

Tbf I think they'll warn you first. Probably.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    No, it's to get you tied to a single active account in preparation for AR.

Tbf I think they'll warn you first. Probably.

If and when they do to someone you know, and that person didn't 'violate the Facebook Community Standards' which seems to me shorthand for being abusive then this would give me pause, but you crack on.
  • SG, I appreciate your points and your concerns over privacy and data use but it's getting to the point now when you appear to be doing the equivalent of standing in the middle of a busy pub and continually shouting "drinking is a sin! Alcohol is a sin! Don't you know you're poisoning yourselves??"

You've made your point mate and fair enough you don't want one and won't ever get a Quest.

Now how about let those of us who do have one enjoy things in here a bit yea?

You never know mate, you might be proved right in the end but I'm having a great time with my Oculus
  • That's fair enough but I genuinely do think it's a terrible idea to tie it to a dual account. It's not really about the privacy thing that I mentioned it. I think there's a reasonable chance of getting it bricked.
  • To be clear, I'm not saying don't have fun with it, I'm saying if you do get one tie it to one account and delete the others, as per terms and conditions.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I've had a trash Facebook  account for at least 10 years or so when I killed my main one. Way ahead of the trends so I was..

It survived for 9 years or more with only my brother as the single friend on it and I'd only ever 'use' it once every few months if a thing or app wanted a Facebook account log in. Can't ever remember going to any facebook.com site in that time. 

No idea it was considered naughty by FaceyB, never had  a problem with it .
    It's now tied into my OG Oculus account so I'd guess there's maybe more going on there now as I've grabbed a fair few folks off here as Oculus/Facebook friends. I can't be arsed to check as I never log into the actual Facebook account.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Before I start I'm not having a go, think of this as practical advice in investing in the Quest 2.

I'd advise that you do what they really want and only have one FB account. For years they've ignored it but for years they've ignored lots of other things besides, because quite frankly they didn't give a shit. This situation won't last that long. FB is under increasing pressure to account for it's actions in various ugly spots around the world and they know that false accounts are a major part of this and subsequent legislation is going to require they get a little responsible for their actions. 

This will mean being able to identify people to specific accounts, which fortunately for FB ties in to what they would ideally like anyway, so you can see the way this might be heading. 

I'd imagine they'd give you some opportunity to come clean and a VPN will buy you some time but but if you are banned you'll have a hell of a time getting unbanned. How many FB employees to FB accounts? 

It's legislation that'll pressure the enforcement of a single account (hello FBI) and FB will love it anyway whilst pretending it's unjust. 

I'm aware this might sound like mad batshit.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    SG I do believe you're coming from the best place warning about possible clamping of aka accounts, and agree if you are even the remotest bit worried about this, link your new Quest with a kosher profile.

Just don't think it's worth the bad press to them - unless you've done something quite egregious. Had a FB burner for years and unless someone shops me, long may it continue.
  • I do think there's a moral obligation to not side with them. VR is great and all but fuck cheapness if it means ignoring genuinely societal important stuff. No gaming is worth that. As for bad press I don't know where to begin.

Anyway, more importantly to you I wouldn't presume they're going to allow dual accounts in the same way they do now.
  • I reckon I could have Mark Zuckerburg
  • He'd eat your heart out without you noticing until you dropped dead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!