Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Don't you blaspheme in here.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Facebook’s side of this is all about them being able to claim accurate user data. So they can use and sell it. Mostly to advertisers. They don’t like alt accounts because it pollutes and devalues their beautiful data. Simple as that. Same reason they asked for real names on accounts from day one.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    With 270 million alt accounts, good luck.
  • ANYWAY. Games, eh? Lovely games.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Amen brother.

Refreshing to see a console promotion representative of the product and not a CGI show reel.

• poprock wrote:
    ANYWAY. Games, eh? Lovely games.

On that small point, what are the recommended games for the Quest 2? I already have PSVR, so preferably exclusives to the platform.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Got a few in mind - out of interest, which games did you play and enjoy on the PSVR?
  • I like shooters like Until Dawn, Rez, and I love the idea of flight stuff like Ultrawings but I found that the controls weren’t sensitive enough at times. My daughter absolutely loved Job Simulator.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Superhot and Pistol Whip would be my initial recommendations, plus there's a 'Space Pirate Trainer' demo worth checking out. If you liked Rez, standing up playing Thumper in VR is trippy AF. Vader Immortal is fairly intense but quite an experience.

Refunds available via your purchase history in the phone app - try to keep it under half an hour because T&C's.

Two more sleeps!
  • poprock wrote:
    Facebook’s side of this is all about them being able to claim accurate user data. So they can use and sell it. Mostly to advertisers. They don’t like alt accounts because it pollutes and devalues their beautiful data. Simple as that. Same reason they asked for real names on accounts from day one.
    Data you say?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Superhot and Pistol Whip would be my initial recommendations, plus there's a 'Space Pirate Trainer' demo worth checking out. If you liked Rez, standing up playing Thumper in VR is trippy AF. Vader Immortal is fairly intense but quite an experience. Refunds available via your purchase history in the phone app - try to keep it under half an hour because T&C's. Two more sleeps!

I just never got Thumper, but loved Polybius. Super hot is one of those titles that I think will benefit from the freedom of Q2 and improved responsiveness.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You'd think Zucks met with someone in a cafe and exchanged briefcases. What actually happened:

'In terms of Cambridge Analytica, personal info from about 300,000 users was originally collected in 2013 for a personality quiz app called "This is Your Digital Life," designed by Aleksandr Kogan, a Cambridge University researcher. Because of how Facebook worked at the time, Kogan was able to access data from friends of the quiz takers -- up to 87 million of them -- and share the information with Cambridge Analytica. The data analytics firm then used the data to help the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election.'

https://www.cnet.com/news/your-facebook-page-now-tells-you-if-cambridge-analytica-accessed-your-data/

• LtPidgeon wrote:
    I like shooters like Until Dawn, Rez, and I love the idea of flight stuff like Ultrawings but I found that the controls weren’t sensitive enough at times. My daughter absolutely loved Job Simulator.
    Try the Pavlov beta - you have to go to their Discord to find the latest download. Don’t bother with the Sidequest or other installer versions, just grab the beta zip and use the bat file installer it comes with. Will be interesting when it finally launches officially.

Quest 2’s bump in resolution will probably help with the sniping. I guess if they have 72hz vs 90hz players as well it could be added advantage.
  • djchump wrote:
    Try the Pavlov beta - you have to go to their Discord to find the latest download. Don’t bother with the Sidequest or other installer versions, just grab the beta zip and use the bat file installer it comes with. Will be interesting when it finally launches officially. Quest 2’s bump in resolution will probably help with the sniping. I guess if they have 72hz vs 90hz players as well it could be added advantage.

That looks amazing.

Is there any benefit to the PC Link cable if the PC is not powerful enough to run VR? I only have an old i5 that I use for emulation. Can this method be used for sideloading stuff?
  • You dont need the link cable - To sideload you just need a usb cable. A decent usb3 is better as the usb2 cable the Quest came with isn’t very reliable and can fail during install when copying large files over. Just grab the beta download and follow the install instructions - you have to register as a dev and some other gubbins if you haven’t already done that. Try the cable you’ve got and if install fails then try again using a proper usb3 cable.
    You can even do VR Link with most decent usb3 cables - doesn’t need to be the official Link cable for that.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Lt. hopefully you wont need a different cable than the one supplied, use mine to data transfer all the time without an issue.
  • Pavlov is great, get on it.
  • Pavlov is too hard for me, teenagers one shot sniping me from across the map. It's like CoD all over again
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I loved the corridor sections of maps (data center?) - I'd stalk around there and blat pals left right and centre. You love to see it.
  • Real VR Fishing is on sale today.
    Everyone get it, it's a great chill out game plus it has multiplayer so we can all sit and fish side by side whilst chatting shit.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Pavlov is too hard for me, teenagers one shot sniping me from across the map. It's like CoD all over again
    Once you get your eye in it can be great fun - have a go on TDM on the Bridge map against bots (lock the lobby so it's friends only and turn on bots). That way you can practise sniping bots across the map with the G3 (semi-auto sniper, in the Rifles buy section) or Barrett (one-shot kill sniper, in the Heavy section). From other end of the Bridge you're popping shots at pixels, from behind the cover of the boxes and van in centre of bridge you can aim a lot easier.

As ever with online MP, it's about knowing the maps, angles and weapon handling.
  • REZ IS HERE
  • I don't know. Have to wait until the kids are in bed and the wife and I have had dinner
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gaming 2020!

Can't wait to pump that into the old noodle box tomorrow.
  • I've just snuck a quick 5 minutes in and its marvellous
  • I got my dispatch notification today from Argos, but sadly nothing found on the tracking. Hopefully not a bad omen.
  • REZ IS HERE
    I THOUGHT IT WAS TOMORROW.
    BOUGHTED
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Can you play it without the link cable? Pretty sure B got it, he has more or less free access to the oculus store (they charge 1ct for some reason)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!