Le grand chien 3.0
  • Them Titty White Princesses!!!

Yeah so Twilight Princess. It is ugly as sin on Wii and I assume GC. That waggle controls are pure aids and belong in the bin in a skip on the great Pacific garbage patch.
    Always saw some potential in it on the Wii but despite enjoying it it was a battle.

HD Princess White Tits. Now that is a different story. Gone are the foggy, blurry visuals revealing some lovely art design. Ditch the stupid waggle and replace it with a handheld menu for quick access to items and weapons.

What is revealed is one of the strongest core Zelda games and a true sequel/reimaging of Ocarina but with some new and interesting Temple concepts. My favourite being the ice mansion, where you help a Yeti and his wife by using their soup.

If you enjoyed OoT and haven't played Twilight Princess HD I strongly suggest you find a way to give it a go because despite a slow start it opens up into a brilliant game.
    Pick up a WiiU or I believe emulation is pretty straight forward now.

I vote Original Zel..no wait Twilight Princess.

And I'm not typing that again so Reg please swap the head to heads around.
  • OG Zelda no contest.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What is revealed is one of the strongest core Zelda games and a true sequel/reimaging of Ocarina

If you enjoyed OoT and haven't played Twilight Princess HD I strongly  suggest you find a way to give it a go because despite a slow start it opens up into a brilliant game.

This sums TP up perfectly for me.

It was the game that all the people who complained about Wind Wakers graphical direction wanted, and it delivered imo.

It's probably better than Ocarina but will always be in its shadow, all Zeldas since have been, hence the necessary direction of Breath of the Wild.

The original I played back in the day but I have to be honest and say my 8 year old self couldn't really appreciate it for what it was. I remember doing the first 2-3 dungeons and then getting stuck and going back to a nice linear platformer.

I've since completed it and whilst I can see just how ground breaking and amazing it must have been for someone into it in 1986/87, when I finally did it was quite rough. I personally think Zelda II is a much better game.

So yeah one vote for the underrated imo, Twilight Princess.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Abstain for me. I've not played the NES games much and TP was nothing more than solid.
  • Twilight Princess. Absolutely loved it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Twilight Princess
  • Twilight Princess.

I even liked the waggle.
  • Twilight Princess. I wasn't astounded by it but I'm pretty sure the dungeons felt better than the majority of the Wind Waker offerings. Other stuff I remember from playing it: visuals were a bit muddy, it felt a bit too long, I didnt really dig the wolf bits and the cog stairlift thing was a great addition to the kitbag.

OG Zelda never did it for me, not that I played it anywhere near launch. I admire what it did, but even the bits in NES Remix were a bit of a chore to play.

TP please. For my bunghole.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had Twilight Princess on Gamecube and I thought it looked nice but then I'm an old retro head and my eyes are screwed now. I only played it a wee bit. Not enough to judge. Sold it though for some reason I have the Wii version which I have never even put in the drive.

Never played the original. I'll abstain,
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Played the OG on the NES thingy on Switch. Not for me.

Twilight Princess on the other hand is great. I should go back and revisit it really. TP for me please.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    8-1 to TP. I'll call it at noon
  • What's next? We accidentally missed ALttP VS SS didn't we?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ALttP is the overall winner for me no matter how the bracket is.

A majestic game. Nintendo have been riffing on it ever since.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    8-1 to TP. I'll call it at noon

Called

What's next? We accidentally missed ALttP VS SS didn't we?

Apologies, yes. ITS NOW ON

• I liked Skyward Sword, big shout out for the beetle controls and the final dungeon, but ALttP was magic. A Link to the Past please.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I liked Skyward Sword, big shout out for the beetle controls and the final dungeon, but ALttP was magic. A Link to the Past please.

Same. 

LttP please.

No disrespect to SS. I loved it. But hard to beat Light Dark worlds ingenuity.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This one feels saddest to me. I know what should win and will win and tbh what I want to win but I still feels savage
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Lttp
  • Toughest pic so far, both are in my top 5 Zelda games.

Skyward Sword has very few issues for me. The opening two hours was a boring slog to be fair, Fi waffled to much, I wasn't a fan of the recurring boss The Imprisoned and didn't really enjoy the Tadtone collection. Other than that I can't think of many negatives. Even the story had a bit more to it than usual.

Loved the motion controls, the dungeons were all solid and traversing the Sky was much better than by sea, and by that point running over an empty field on horseback had lost its novelty somewhat. The over world of BotW destroys them all but I'll leave that debate for now.

But...

A Link to the Past is another beast. Set the template so perfectly that like OoT its shadow loomed on the series until Breath of the Wild did its thing.

It was an early 16-Bit release that was never bettered in its day and arguably still hasn't been, in the 2D realm at least.

Its the Zelda I've completed the most and one of a handful I'll probably replay again, I love it.

A Link to the Past please.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This one feels saddest to me. I know what should win and will win and tbh what I want to win but I still feels savage

Yep. Only choice so far where I had to do a bit of thinking and actual choosing. Skyward Sword was great in so many ways but also a little flawed. But LttP is nearly flawless.
  • Skyward Sword was about 50% boring. The start, the characters, the flying, the repeated boss, almost every section between dungeons ruined by being trivially easy. The helper character, Fi, is also by far the most obtrusive of these, stepping in to ruin puzzles before you've had a chance to try them out. It's only really saved by some decent dungeons and the motion controls, which were great for items like the bug as well as the combat.

A Link to the Past is one of the best games of its age with design principles that stand the test of time. The atmosphere, the structure, the world shifting, the exploration, the dungeons - all fit together perfectly.

A Link to the Past, please.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yep. Only choice so far where I had to do a bit of thinking and actual choosing. Skyward Sword was great in so many ways but also a little flawed. But LttP is nearly flawless.

Yeah, I can see another wipe wash happening.

Skyward Sword doesn't deserve that, but it's up against one of the elite 3 and a potential winner.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Next 2 votes will be super easy for me too.
  • The next round is the easiest.

The final 8 we've come up with are all solid with one glaring exception, and its on its way to an ass whooping next round.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The next round is the easiest. The final 8 we've come up with are all solid with one glaring exception, and its on its way to an ass whooping next round.
    Yeah, I think we'll be left with the best 7 once that's done and some proper tight calls.
  • Skyward Sword.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • A deserved consolation.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    6-1 so far. Again, will call at noon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!