Le grand chien 3.0
  • Aye, t'was all but a misunderstanding between people who are all lovely fellas. These things happen frequently with text based conversation. I think we can safely move on.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also, I genuinely think Hair is a nice chap, and hopefully the misunderstanding can be put to bed.

..without any tea if they carry on ;)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Also, I genuinely think Hair is a nice chap, and hopefully the misunderstanding can be put to bed.

..without any tea if they carry on ;)

I’m not getting involved, thank you :p

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • So, it's not that hard a decision after all.

360 ended up hosting some of my favourite games, especially when boosted by XBLA indies. But the first few years were pretty barren and almost all the best games were 3rd party multi-platform ones.

The MD on the other hand had a string of amazing games right from day one, a real step up from anything I'd played before. And even once the SNES came along and bettered it, it still produced some of the best games of the generation.

I think it's too late to make a difference anyway, but Megadrive.
  • I dreamt I bought a md with cd and 32x last night from a charity shop.
  • What a nightmare. Hopefully you're doing okay m8
  • nick_md wrote:
    I dreamt I bought a md with cd and 32x last night from a charity shop.

I sort of did. It was an eBay auction I won, that turned out the seller was a children’s hospital ward.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Reg missed my ps2 vote.

I DEMAND RECOUNTS
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm gonna be fine lads, just a little shaken.
  • You sit down and monitor the recount. This is voter disenfranchisement! Dimpled chads. Russia! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dimpled Chads made me snort loudly in the office. Thanks m8.
  • Vela wrote:
    Reg missed my ps2 vote. I DEMAND RECOUNTS

I counted you and it still came to 13-12 to PS4. Close one!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just remembered that dimpled chads is a phrase from the same fortnight ps2 launched in seppoland.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've been away 

What happened?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • PS4 beat PS2, PS4 vs XB1 was postponed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    PS4 vs XB1 was postponed.

If this were a vote the forum numbers would halve after one balmy night.
    Perhaps that what Reg was aiming for all along? He’s tricked us with these phony votes and now we stand on the precipice of a transformational moment in the forums history. To lose the one console nutters and deliver us into an era of fraternal love and respect where every member must own one of every console and like and love entirely, evenly.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Looking at what is left in the bracket I can't see 360 not winning.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Same. I had my money on a PS4 v PS final at first, but there's a big XBox following on here, which became apparent in the 360's first round.

This site started during that gen and I think the 360 ruled the roost with the online community back then, which appears strong to this day judging by the popularity of FNF.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think Microsoft delivered proper online console gaming before anyone else did, and that’s given them a loyal following. They made it simple, seamless and reliable long before any competitors managed to.
  • Same. I had my money on a PS4 v PS final at first, but there's a big XBox following on here, which became apparent in the 360's first round.

This site started during that gen and I think the 360 ruled the roost with the online community back then, which appears strong to this day judging by the popularity of FNF.

I'd say there's more vocal Xbox folks and fnf is so popular because well.....what else is there to play?
    (see wreckfest thread)

Plus with so much to play on other systems we don't always have free time to post on here as there's actual games to play.
    M8. ;)
  • digi wrote:
    Same. I had my money on a PS4 v PS final at first, but there's a big XBox following on here, which became apparent in the 360's first round. This site started during that gen and I think the 360 ruled the roost with the online community back then, which appears strong to this day judging by the popularity of FNF.
    I'd say there's more vocal Xbox folks and fnf is so popular because well.....what else is there to play? (see wreckfest thread) Plus with so much to play on other systems we don't always have free time to post on here as there's actual games to play. M8. ;)
    Maybe at least find time to come up with a new joke, eh?
  • I dong think ‘Xbox following’ had anything to do it. 360 was great, simple as that really. PS3 fell extremely short of it and so the 360 just ran away.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yar, I’m not the 360s biggest fan but it was a super solid console, Live was a thing, and it was definitely a reshaping of gaming community as we knew it.

Not my favourite console, but deffo boss-tier.
  • Plus, a load of good games.
  • PS3 came into its own at the end of its lifespan, it was a great console.

It just wasn’t as good as the 360, which held its own for the duration of the entire generation.
  • Pretty much - PS3 was no disaster. Great indies, started some fantastic series, some wonderfully unique games, and I played it a whole bunch. But culturally? Probably in the EU, and almost certainly in the US, the 360 (for a while) became the shorthand for gaming in the way that Playstation was in the 2 previous gens. 

For me, one of the things that really helped the PS3 is the fact Sony tends to really support their home consoles for a long time (and they've done this for PS1, 2, 3 and 4), whereas Microsoft, imo, as a company tends to ditch hardware as soon as the next big thing is on the horizon. I'm saying this as some who bought a Windows Phonw (twice) and an Xbox and 360. I like microsoft stuff, but I don't trust them to stay the distance once a successor is on the way.
  • Can't we just make Dreamcast the people's choice?

The soul still burns.
  • Agreed. Dreamcast 4EVA.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!