Sega Mega-Drive Mini: Remember when you promised to buy Sega's next console if they made one?
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I mean the Mega Drive scale model was £35 and didn't even do anything so technically the playing games bit on this only really costs £30...

Plus, you’d need a Tower of Power Mini too, to really capture the lunacy of mid-nineties Sega.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm 100% buying the Tower of Power accessory if they release it over here.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'd love the Mega CD part, especially for when the hackers get at it and we can play Mega CD games.

I'd rather forget about the 32X though, even in miniature form.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tower of slower loading times?
  • ... fuck, now I'm dreaming of a mini Power Base Converter.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It has arrived:

R9eWLlp.jpg

On show with it's peers, hopefully awaiting an N64 mini to round out my top 5 ever consoles - the PC Engine will be a nice addition regardless.

gjhoYKK.jpg

Setup with the stealth micro USB and HDMI cable under the TV stand:

aVvcA2H.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh right, so are those plugged in and ready to go right now? That's quite an aesthetically pleasing set up if so.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Just got to wait for my tower to arrive from Japan and then I’m all set.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nice bunch of little buggers

Shame the rug is upside down though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Oh right, so are those plugged in and ready to go right now? That's quite an aesthetically pleasing set up if so.

No, but they're on the chest of drawers right next to the TV and the micro USB that's coiled up fits them all so they're all quite and easy to plug in :-)

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Nice bunch of little buggers

Shame the rug is upside down though

Don't get me started on the rug. Serve lack of respect for Scotland going on there, was probably made in the EU ;-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That is a lovely set Retro. I've not been tempted by the NES or PS but they do all look lovely together.

I've gone for the PAL Asian MD to match it's big brother, I'll probably get the tower of power for Xmas but may purchase now just incase they start to get harder to come by.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Had £75 pound amazon voucher that I need to spend before the pound crashes tonight, so I went and bought the Asia edition with the two six button pads.

Pretty sure the hack is either live now, or close to being live too, so can throw on whatever games I want.
  • Yeah there's two up, the hakchi one that's on the Nintendo mini's and another one that I can't remember the name of.

Haven't got around to doing it yet but will do soon.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Thunderforce III is sick. Enjoy chopper
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Arrived today.

Unfortunately for my kids, it's not one of their video-game days today.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    kneecap wrote:
    Thunderforce III is sick. Enjoy chopper

This.  

III > IV in my book.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • During a play through of SoR2, my telly decided to develop a nice pink vertical line. Think I have another old telly lying around, but this one was handy for the USB port on the side.

First impressions, the six button controllers are either smaller than I remember, or they have been reduced in size for this.

Mega Drive Tetris is unresponsive shite.

The Darius port is gorgeous.

I was using headphones, and there's so much little bits of audio I've just never heard through TV speakers. When Mega Drive audio was done well it really was fantastic.
  • Headphones connected to the TV?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Interesting to hear that. I have Sega ages Tetris for the JP-PS2 which has that as an option - I've never tried it so will do so and compare.

The compilation I have was coded by M2 so it will be an accurate job.  Older Tetris games tend to feel pretty ropey re controls anyhow - but that's a pity as being a Tetris head that would have been a plus point for me.

I do fancy the Darius port though.

Does the JP version of this have Slap Fight?  That's a damn expensive game to get now.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Headphones connected to the TV?

Yes.
    davyK wrote:
    Interesting to hear that. I have Sega ages Tetris for the JP-PS2 which has that as an option - I've never tried it so will do so and compare. The compilation I have was coded by M2 so it will be an accurate job.  Older Tetris games tend to feel pretty ropey re controls anyhow - but that's a pity as being a Tetris head that would have been a plus point for me. I do fancy the Darius port though. Does the JP version of this have Slap Fight?  That's a damn expensive game to get now.

M2 worked on the coding of the MD Mini, but I don't think they worked on MD Tetris itself.

I have the Asian version, so not sure what's on the JP one, but the hack is out now, so you can put anything on.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    M2 worked on the coding of the MD Mini, but I don't think they worked on MD Tetris itself.

So if it was crap on the MD it will also be on the mini and on the Sega Ages compilation. Heh. Will check it out at any rate.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!