LOCKDOWN. THE DRAW IS MADE. 2019 BNB SECRET SANTA GIFTATHON. It's finally here!
  • Infernal Affairs
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm binning my present before I open it so the eternity of this threads mystery will live forever
  • Rubber-heelers.

Also, regarding opening early in circumstances other than Vere’s; if I went to the effort of finding gifts for someone and posting them, and they opened them as soon as they arrived just because they can’t wait until the day they’re intended to be opened, I’d be pretty pissed off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I went to massive work to get my santee's presents and all I hope is that they like it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Coz that's what this is all about
  • What’s smh please?

Shaking my head. It's like tutting, but if you do both at the same time the next step is writing to Points of View.
  • I'm smdh while kmt over here.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I knew this would happen when I saw the half-arsed OP. What we need next year is for someone to put a bit of effort in and type out instructions and stuff.
  • So opening now is fine?

Great. Back in a minute.
  • We're not actually arguing though...are we? Points are being made but no-one is getting annoyed with what's being said or feeling less festive/happy about this amazing thread for reals.........are they? Early opening annoys me enough to tut, or shake my head, or type Down With This Sort Of Thing (and mean it), but it doesn't get me hot under the collar or anything. Christmas Day in these threads is one of the best days of the year for me, even if a handful of naughties have opened early.
  • With regards to your original post I just thought the word "justification" was just a but harsh. If the person who has received their gifts is happy, why should they have to explain why they've opened it early?

Unless they're Tiger, and doing it to get a rise of course.
  • Here's my haul - the wrapping is scruffy cos Ev wanted to open them to see what they were!

MzxHnLi.jpg

Looking forward to Christmas day as the only stuff I have to unwrap is this and whatever Ev gets me. And yes, that's our tree. Haha.
  • Tempy wrote:
    With regards to your original post I just thought the word "justification" was just a but harsh. If the person who has received their gifts is happy, why should they have to explain why they've opened it early?

Unless they're Tiger, and doing it to get a rise of course.

Reg opined that it shouldn't have to be justified, so I quoted it and offered the opinion that it should have to be justified.  Perhaps the word justified is a bit much either way.  I'd say it's polite to ask 'can I open because of reasons' rather than ripping the wrapping off and shouting NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOUR on the 21st though, as we're all adults (not louts).

If the person is happy, amazing stuff.  But you're asking a why that's not in line with the way these threads are usually done, doesn't adhere to the OP and doesn't really tie into the whole pre existing Christmas pressies on Christmas Day thing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I bow out. This is a nice thread. Happy Xmas everyone
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    With regards to your original post I just thought the word "justification" was just a but harsh. If the person who has received their gifts is happy, why should they have to explain why they've opened it early? Unless they're Tiger, and doing it to get a rise of course.
    Reg opined that it shouldn't have to be justified, so I quoted it and offered the opinion that it should have to be justified. Perhaps the word justified is a bit much either way. I'd say it's polite to ask 'can I open because of reasons' rather than ripping the wrapping off and shouting NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOUR on the 21st though, as we're all adults. If the person is happy, amazing stuff. But you're asking a why that's not in line with the way these threads are usually done that don't adhere to the OP and don't really tie into the whole pre existing Christmas pressies on Christmas Day thing.

I accept all that, but also people are people. They may have different ways of celebrating Christmas, or different traditions? They may have had a massively shitty day/week/month and want cheering up, and decide to open their presents? I dunno why judgement needs passing in any way shape or form, but that's just me! Consensus is clearly the other way, which is fine. Christmas is an artificial thing anyway. My parents didn't even wrap the gifts they sent in the post so I ended up opening them two days ago when the mail came, so it goes.

I came close to just tearing open my presents this past weekend cos i've had shit old time. If someone had have passed judgement on me for that I'd feel pretty sad about it all, but I wouldn't be mad at them for having that opinion. I just think we should err towards understanding people's choices.
  • @reg That's a shame, I'll shut the fuck up immediately if you'll reconsider. Genuine huge and heartfelt apologies for whoever got reg if he doesn't post on the big day.
  • Love you Tempy and I'm sorry.
  • You really don't need to be sorry. The same thing is happening as ever, big derailment because people have different opinions. I can see Andy's POV too, but for me as long as my Santa is happy I wouldn't care if they opened them tomorrow in a month - but again, just me.
  • g.man wrote:
    Awesome! Merry Christmas Vere.

Merry Christmas Vere. Your santa certainly did his homework.
  • I lasted a whole day before opening mine this year.

I'm blaming The Boy who found them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's nothing to be sorry about, just love between forums and posters of people who care for each other and have seen each other through some dark shit. Let's not police that further. It's just love .
  • Agreed. Christ I thought I'd fucked it then.
  • Give yr head a wobble Moot. We're family around here! As dysfunctional as the best of em.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot is one of the *good cunts*
  • I love you all. 

Well; not Muzzy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I love you all. 

Well; not Muzzy.

That wasnt the impression we got on friday during londonstock. Shopping at the same shop, on the same day at conveniently different times? Hmmmmmm.
  • No photo of mine, as it’s just a mysterious plain white envelope name on it, which Uncle has confirmed is my present and that I shouldn’t open it.

I’ll possibly open it a day later; wife is working Xmas and daughter isn’t here until Boxing Day, but will see how it goes :)
  • He thought he'd gotten out, but he's been called back into service for one last mission. Can he complete it in time to spend Christmas with the family? Find out next week!
  • Just got a package delivered via FedEx, addressed to 'Sir Gregor The Unsinkable'...wtf. I've already got 2 Amazon boxes that I thought were my SS, now I'm not so sure...
    Gamertag: gremill
  • They could all be. Or you ordered something when drunk.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!