GOTY 2019 & GOTD 2010-2019 - Full results on Page 1
  • Cheers Andy, will do before its finalised.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Twelve hours into Disco Elysium and my list needs revised.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Twelve hours into Disco Elysium and my list needs revised.
    It’s easy to spot those who haven’t played it on this thread
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, it's something else, isn't it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can't stop laughing at some of the options. The racist mug is the worst.
  • What I also loved about Disco Elysium is it also inspired my b&b post of the year (by Silke), this article on FPS https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/11/how-to-deal-with-disco-elysiums-twelve-year-old-drug-addict/ and a fascinating debate on crate and crowbar podcast.

It’s the type of game where the meta debate is almost as intriguing as actually playing it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Spelunky HD is fairly safely my game of the last decade and I'm surprised to have only seen one previous mention (I think). Not sure I'll have time to fill in more and I've not played much new stuff.
  • Game of the decade then, not played hardly owt this year

Gonna go like this:

1. The Witcher 3
    2. GTA V
    3. Portal 2
    4. Mass Effect 3
    5. Destiny 1/2

The Witcher by a mile I think.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's a good list
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Although ME3 over 2 eh
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Although ME3 over 2 eh

ME2 game mechanics very inferior to 3, the gunplay and me coop was fucking amazing in 3 (though too few here gave it a go). Was proper addictive as well, it's why I had been excite for Andromeda lol

Ps- the single player was also amazing right until the very last act when they fucked it. It's as if you were a fine lady and met the perfect man, third date it's been amazing, he makes you cum loads and right as he's about to climax himself he slaps you in the face and calls you a fucking cunt.
    Spoiler:

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gonz doing the work here
  • Doing an old hum hum tiny onion on the games of the year for me.

Long list so far:
    Sekiro
    DMC5
    Resident Evil 2
    Outer Wilds
    Control
    Apex Legends
    Total War: Three Kingdoms

Haven’t bought a lot or been able to play a lot really, but them’s the breaks.
  • Nice to see Wilds on there. I suspected it would be considered after your posts.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Although it didn’t resonate as massively as I expected it to, as a pure achievement it’s up there with the decade’s best IMO
  • I want to play control still but that ain’t gonna happen before year end.
  • I’m still going through Sayonara Wild Hearts but that mah featirenin mynoist, prob towards the end of the list. Still need to plunge deeper into Astral Chain.

Also have Ape Out and a couple of other shorter titles to play.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Asral Chain is the main one I would like to play, yeah
  • Game of the Decade is Last Guardian for me, obviously. Nothing comes close, or will come close, until Ueda 4.
  • I reckon you'd like Outer Wilds my man, can't you get it cheap on your boss's company discount?
  • Outer Wilds is on the list. It's very appealing. Clunky controls? Looping structure? Weird? What's not to like...?

No company discount, though...my team is the red headed stepchild of our group. Indie games, what's the point, amirite? 

Once I have money, though, i'll be on it.
  • Game of the Decade is Last Guardian for me, obviously. Nothing comes close, or will come close, until Ueda 4.
    My brother has my PS4 at the moment and got this recently and really likes it, so I am excited to finally play it when I get the PS4 back, probably some time next year.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Game of the Decade is Last Guardian for me, obviously. Nothing comes close, or will come close, until Ueda 4.
    My brother has my PS4 at the moment and got this recently and really likes it, so I am excited to finally play it when I get the PS4 back, probably some time next year.

It’s the greatest piece of media ever.
  • Outer Wilds is on the list. It's very appealing. Clunky controls? Looping structure? Weird? What's not to like...?

No company discount, though...my team is the red headed stepchild of our group. Indie games, what's the point, amirite? 

Once I have money, though, i'll be on it.

I personally don’t get the control gripes people have been having, it’s very basic spaceship control stuff - thrust, pitch and yaw and all that. The autopilot does 90% of the work if you decide to use it.

It’s basically a game where the mechanics are 100% required to tell the story and that is one of the greatest compliments a game can get.

• Friends: what is Tacoma like? My brother got it and loves it. I adored Gone Home and am always up for a good Sci Fi shout! Thinking of buying it on Tuesday when my money comes in!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Tempy wrote:
    Outer Wilds is on the list. It's very appealing. Clunky controls? Looping structure? Weird? What's not to like...? No company discount, though...my team is the red headed stepchild of our group. Indie games, what's the point, amirite?  Once I have money, though, i'll be on it.
    I personally don’t get the control gripes people have been having, it’s very basic spaceship control stuff - thrust, pitch and yaw and all that. The autopilot does 90% of the work if you decide to use it. It’s basically a game where the mechanics are 100% required to tell the story and that is one of the greatest compliments a game can get.

You know me - Im 100% onboard as a control = developer intention dude.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Friends: what is Tacoma like? My brother got it and loves it. I adored Gone Home and am always up for a good Sci Fi shout! Thinking of buying it on Tuesday when my money comes in!

I didn't particularly like Gone Home and think Tacoma is even worse so :shrug:
  • Tempy wrote:
    Outer Wilds is on the list. It's very appealing. Clunky controls? Looping structure? Weird? What's not to like...? No company discount, though...my team is the red headed stepchild of our group. Indie games, what's the point, amirite?  Once I have money, though, i'll be on it.
    I personally don’t get the control gripes people have been having, it’s very basic spaceship control stuff - thrust, pitch and yaw and all that. The autopilot does 90% of the work if you decide to use it. It’s basically a game where the mechanics are 100% required to tell the story and that is one of the greatest compliments a game can get.

You know me - Im 100% onboard as a control = developer intention dude.

Oh I get that, i’ve just seen a lot of ire about its controls and I thought it was quite well done.
  • Tacoma was ok.

Like you, I'm a sucker for SF, it's pretty and it's short.

Can't recall massive gripes, but can't recall being blown away either.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm a sucker for SF too. It just sucked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!