Election 2019 - Hide in a fridge to win
  • It's unlikely I'll be able to afford to return anytime soon anyway, but I really don't want to now.

Then again, I'll probably be going to Turkey for a few years, which is proper messed up politically. Hoping I can keep my head down there. Plus at least it's cheap.
  • Despite consideration to escape to Scotland I'm staying. I love the U.K.
    Our art, sense of humour, our community and charity. Our acceptance of cultures, sexuality and gender. Our architecture, design, innovation and engineering.
    We are a fantastic nation that has unfortunately not been properly represented politically in areas which has resulted in them being left behind by both self serving governments and inefficient opposition.

Dont buy into the misery and hopelessness that we are a write off, we arent.
    Just over 50% who did vote didnt vote for Torys, Brexit Party or UKIP.
    Around 30% who can vote didnt vote for them.
    Of a population of 67 million 14 million voted for the Tories. 10 million voted Labour.
    Our politics aren't everything that we are.

We aren't a lost cause, far from it.
    We have been played by a small group of people playing a nasty game and have been caught with our thumbs up our arses politically but we can fight back against it.

The same group of nasty people will not be done with us either, they will and are manipulating people right across Europe and in America. If we give up on the UK we make it harder for those countries.
  • That’s a great post Liv, appreciate the positivity!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It appears as though Dominic Cummings reward is...

The Department of Defence...

Not good.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Had he passed security clearance yet?

Thought not
  • Yeah, Putin signed it off ages ago.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Despite consideration to escape to Scotland I'm staying. I love the U.K.
    Our art, sense of humour, our community and charity. Our acceptance of cultures, sexuality and gender. Our architecture, design, innovation and engineering.
    We are a fantastic nation that has unfortunately not been properly represented politically in areas which has resulted in them being left behind by both self serving governments and inefficient opposition.

Dont buy into the misery and hopelessness that we are a write off, we arent.
    Just over 50% who did vote didnt vote for Torys, Brexit Party or UKIP.
    Around 30% who can vote didnt vote for them.
    Of a population of 67 million 14 million voted for the Tories. 10 million voted Labour.
    Our politics aren't everything that we are.

We aren't a lost cause, far from it.
    We have been played by a small group of people playing a nasty game and have been caught with our thumbs up our arses politically but we can fight back against it.

The same group of nasty people will not be done with us either, they will and are manipulating people right across Europe and in America. If we give up on the UK we make it harder for those countries.

I come from a family of Leggers. My paternal grandfather, stuck between terrorists (freedom fighters) and army, legged it with his whole family. My maternal grandfather, stuck between colonial terror and natives, legged it. My father, Muslim terror, shit regime, emigrated and took us all with him. I realised that one of the reasons I've been watching the rise of the far right is with an eye on legging it myself. Wouldn't be surprised if there was intergenerational trauma. Have even thought how I'd do it, grab my mum and get out.

Personally, I am not gonna leg it. I will live in my community and listen, and try to give my small voice for change for the better for the people of this country. If it all goes to shit and they come for the muslamics, the remainers and liberal elites, the glovalists (code word for Jew these days)I am under no illusion that I'll get roped in with them. I'll stand and fight, I'll die cursing their mothers like Saddam Hussein if I have to, but I will not run or leg it.

Moving to Scotland is something I might wanna do anyway, but I've done a 180 on independence. It is a false comfort. And anyway, if Scotland goes independent, acrimoniously, and there is a resurgent nationalist nativist England south of the border, the history books will tell you that doesn't end well for Scotland, or Ireland for that matter
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Our art, sense of humour, our community and charity. Our acceptance of cultures, sexuality and gender. Our architecture, design, innovation and engineering.

I'm not sure these as are all that broadly distributed attributes.
  • I think this country’s a shithole tbh. I’d flee in an instant if I could.
  • The best thing about England in the price of cigarette papers
  • Actually the Indian food can be pretty good too.
  • I was half-joking in an attempt to puncture the romantic, optimistic mood there. The people are nice - on an individual basis obviously, don’t ask them to vote on anything and you’re fine.

I need to keep my misanthropy in check, lest I tumble into a chasm of total despair.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    I was half-joking in an attempt to puncture the romantic, optimistic mood there. The people are nice - on an individual basis obviously, don’t ask them to vote on anything and you’re fine. I need to keep my misanthropy in check, lest I tumble into a chasm of total despair.

One of those seats that just went Tory you mean?
  • I dont think anyone who comes into power now will be able to please anyone as the country is fundamentally economically fucked.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • One of those seats that just went Tory you mean?

More the existential despair you feel from watching everything around you turn to shit, all your hopes crushed, everything you believe in trashed and witnessing the most dismal and horrid people around you inevitably rising to the top like turds floating in a toilet bowl.

EDIT: at least the football’s going well tbf

• mk64 wrote:
    I dont think anyone who comes into power now will be able to please anyone as the country is fundamentally economically fucked.

Perhaps someone will come up with a hugely transformation manifesto that would begin to address these problems, and they'll be smeared as an anti semite despite a long history of Jewish solidarity, so people think instead that the way to solve these problems is to vote for the party that has systematically dismantled all industry across the country, sold off anything not nailed down and then starved all remaining public services of cash.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    One of those seats that just went Tory you mean?
    More the existential despair you feel from watching everything around you turn to shit, all your hopes crushed, everything you believe in trashed and witnessing the most dismal and horrid people around you inevitably rising to the top like turds floating in a toilet bowl. EDIT: at least the football’s going well tbf

To be fair, that also sounds like the football to me.
  • You had your moment in the sun.
  • Is it worth consoling oneself with the fact that corbyn might have been extremely shit?
  • Is it worth consoling oneself with the fact that corbyn might have been extremely shit?
    Yes but we’ll never know this now will we?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’d rather take “might be shit” than “is utterly appalling as a human”
  • Yeah I can't exactly admire anyone with Powers if they're going to be used for evil.
  • Political professionalism is only worthwhile if you have anything to offer politically.

Not that I’m advocating being shambolic. Everyone wanted Corbyn to wise up and improve on getting his message across.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Misread that as Paul Merson and I was about to jump out the window and run for the sea.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Genuinely had enough of UK and am actively thinking about how to get out, for what it's worth.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Misread that as Paul Merson and I was about to jump out the window and run for the sea.
    “There’s only one person that loses you an election and that’s the millions of voters.”
  • monkey wrote:

The thing about pivoting to the omg crime and teh borders!! thing is that it's not actually a problem. It's a problem that people believe it's a problem. I don't immediately know how you disabuse people of this error.
  • "Worried about crime and national security" is also kind of a xenophobic dogwhistle. I'm not sure I especially blame Labour for not engaging with this!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!