The Mandalorian thread of Beskar Spoilers Season 2 October 30th
  • Another OK epidode.

Some decent bits but overall a bit ho hum. Fetts underused after last week.

Mandos helmets off again.

Decent ending is about it. Good call back
    PSN - minkymu
  • Was decent I thought. Good fisticuffs on the vehicle. Good dialogue and exchanges in the vehicle and in the mess.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sure was someone watching every Western ever. Felt a little limp after last week's but hey ho, guess it's time for the finale.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mando's face scan is obviously going to come back to haunt him. Probably end up on a bounty puck
  • I enjoyed this episode. It's all highly derivative of course, but it still manages to be great fun.
    This weeks niggle was the whole face scanner nonsense.

I'll overlook the fact that the one terminal in the galaxy they can use is in the canteen, but the machine has to scan your face before it gives up the goods? What the fuck? Surely if it's scanning your face, then it's using...um...facial recognition technology, otherwise what is the fucking point of it scanning your face???

Also, the whole let's show Mando's face is just fucking poor imo. It's the one big reveal you save for the end of his saga. They shouldn't have done it in the first season, and a better director would never have shown his face in this episode, but instead blocked the character so he was always shot from behind his head in that scene. That way the mystery is preserved, and it would have given some actual weight to Bill Burr's line about I never saw your face at the end. Harrumph!
    Good episode tho.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Looking forward the Ahsoka series now too.
  • I agree with g.man, they could have really built up the tension with the fans about the face reveal.

Alright epsiode, the last scene was just stupid though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I'll overlook the fact that the one terminal in the galaxy they can use is in the canteen, but the machine has to scan your face before it gives up the goods? What the fuck? Surely if it's scanning your face, then it's using...um...facial recognition technology, otherwise what is the fucking point of it scanning your face???

Yeah, I don't get it. I assume it just needs "a" face to tie to the information accessed, not a registered face to allow access, but outside of this exact scenario, I can't think of a reason why anyone would design it like that. Especially as the storm troopers were all clones with the same Chevy Chase. Just seems bizarrely convenient plot contrivance, same with the officer who would recognise Bill Burr which meant curtains for the mission except for when he didn't recognise Bill Burr when they had a chat.

I give it an easy pass because it's all done quick. If this shite was built up over an episode or two then I'd be noping out of it, but the pace of the show means the scent of dropped bollock doesn't linger for long before we're whisked away on the next adventure
  • I liked it when the big trucks went boom!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Especially as the storm troopers were all clones with the same Chevy Chase.

That’s not the case in that era is it? I think the Empire were done with clones and using any old cannon fodder by then.

Things can only get better.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I know they stopped, but I don't know when. Boba mentioning the empire recognising his face made me wonder. Or was he not getting at that and he's talking about the time Darth Vader hired him?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They stopped using clones after the clone wars I think. The reference was probably still to do with clones though. I imagine there are still plenty knocking around, or commanders who once worked with them, to make bobba recognisable.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There are canonically a few clone stormtroopers left by the time of the OT but they were very rare because they were designed with shortened lifespans - it's hard to say if they would be still around in imperial remnants five years later or if the extra time would have polished them all off.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The face thing was a bit shit. But not a bad episode at all. Nice seeing the heroes welcome the two got on entering the base.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I didn’t understand why the Imperials didn’t send protection for the vehicles that kept getting attacked.

I enjoyed the episode though.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I liked it when the big trucks went boom!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Just caught up with the series. It’s keeping the right side of dumb fun most of the time. Just, as pointed out here, there’s always one moment where it slips up.
    My gripe is the amount of times they use the cavalry riding in to save Mando when the odds become overwhelming. I think off-screen laser shots have saved him or his friends at least four times so far. Which undermines the action bits if you know they’re just going pull that out every time it gets dicey.

The Boba Fett moment could have been lame but that whole episode was one of the best they’ve done.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Thought Boba’s cleaned up armour looked a bit too pristine, should still have a few dings and scratches for ‘authenticity’, still cool and will no doubt have a matching toy on the shelves soon enough.
    Things can only get better.
  • The face thing makes me dislike pedro tbh

We all know its his flouncing thats making it happen.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Finally saw the seismic style explosion. I’ve been really disappointed that all grenades so far have been earth like explosions. But the thermal detonators in Star Wars Battlefront and Bobas slave 1 mines are fucking aces, with that implosion/explosion effect.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Best thing to come out of the whole prequel series was that imploder.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Minkymu wrote:
    The face thing makes me dislike pedro tbh

We all know its his flouncing thats making it happen.

Handsome fuck doe.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Best thing to come out of the whole prequel series was that imploder.

I’d say Natalie Portman’s nipples, but I’m weird like that.

Solid episode. Nice set piece of the truck felt like someone had watched Indy a few too many times, but a nice homage. Burr is always watchable, but I’m not sure he’s acting as much as just being himself.

As for the face thing it doesn’t really matter. The whole building tension for the fans is bollocks in a day and age when it takes 2 seconds to Google someone to find out what they look like. Unless they were going to just use Pedro’s voice and do something weird like have an alien as Mando then the mask reveal doesn’t matter.

Roll on to him filling Gustavo and rescuing the Kid with the final tease of the next big bad setup for next season.

• I watched Portman eat hot wings, by god is she pretty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm not sure I believe these rumours about Pascal throwing a wobbler, particularly given how full of shit the Star Wars fanbase often are, but it's starting to look like there's something contractual about flashing his face each season, which is a bit of a shame. With the first one it felt like they were maybe a bit insecure about the audience's ability to believe Pascal was under there given it was heavily reported that three people were actually playing the role under the suit... this one felt like more of a contrivance.

I think it would have been better if, instead of dumb face scan antics, it was just that it became socially unacceptable to leave the helmet on to the point where it could have blown the plan. Like surely if the superior officers wanted to talk to a trooper in the mess hall it would reach a point where you couldn't just turn around and go 'fuck off I'm keeping this helmet on no matter what' unless you were willing to let it turn into a massive fuck up.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Fire him.
    Who cares right?
    Getting someone who can do his voice via the helmet distortion should be easy.

A body double does most of the scenes apparently.

I love Mando the show but its not being carried by the actor. Genuinely couldn't give a shit. It could be Daniel Day Lewis or Jim Carrey and I wouldnt notice a difference.

He is hardly a big name either. A decent actor sure but this ain't no Tom Cruise affair.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fire him for what?
  • Or don't renew his contract. Word it however you want.

I liked him in GoT and Narcos but I dont think he adds anything to Mando.
  • Agreed. Anyone could play it
    PSN - minkymu
  • They might have to get the breastplate stretcher before they hand the role to me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!