The Mandalorian thread of Beskar Spoilers Season 2 October 30th
  • Is it done tho.
    The kid is gone. What’s next?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Actually thinking about it, I wouldn’t mind if that was the end. 2 good little series and done.
    It won’t be the same if it’s not Lone Wolf and Kid.
  • I think we need timothys sheriff back in cos frankly he is so damn charming.

Lets have some jeopardy too. I want a real villain. Someone i can really dislike. Thats the main thing the shows lacked.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I want a Dengar episode of Book of Boba.
  • Is that it then? No Mando series 3? The Book of Boba Fett (fantastic name by the way!) taking its place? If so, it was a great way to wrap things up with Mando, but there are some loose ends that need to be tied up. Who gets the Dark Saber? What happens to Moff? Do we never get to see Baby Yoda again??
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • All things I'm happy to not have explained.
  • No-one's ever really gone...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I feel like that might be it for a show called The Mandalorian but I expect something to be done with all those tangents in other shows.

It feels like they really want to weave together these shows and movies.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Why would they bother to show Mando winning the Darksabre and inadvertently wading right into the middle of Mandalorian politics only to immediately terminate his story?

I think it's just the end of one plot arc and the start of another where he gets involved in restoring Mandalore.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Loooooved
    Spoiler:
    tearing it up through the base. Showing his fuller abilities, just fucking droids up left and right. THAT'S HOW I LIKE MY
    Spoiler:
    DAMMIT
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Highlight for me was...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Haha. That got me as well.
  • In the past four episodes, they’ve setup three spinoffs and their own next season. Amazing work.

If I was 9, this would be the best thing ever and would have turned me into a full Star Wars nut. You can’t ask anything more than that. But I’m 39 and think maybe it does need to do a little bit more with the story. They’re not far off, but I want it a bit less rote and a bit more meat on the bones. I’m still happy for it to be dumb fun. The action scenes are great.
  • My 7yo has been watching last few episodes before me (this one was a bit more violent than usual?!), and he loves it. Loves talking about it. Shame his sister isn’t that enthusiastic but still doesn’t want it spoiled. At one point she was 3 episodes behind. She is now 2 episodes behind.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Eh it’s fine right? But what’s with the endless mowing down of cannon fodder troopers. Why can’t we have some personality, some banter showing something, anything of these characters’ personality and growing bonds / issues? Do we really need 18 pointless action scenes?

Fight between dark trooper and mando, and the next one against Gideon, v good. Visceral and with stakes.
    Spoiler:

Haven’t read anything about pascal being a dick but though his emoting with groggy was too class, really sold how much he cares about that annoying puppet thing.
  • I haven't seen a single episode but lost 5 followers on twitter for tweeting "RIP green bingus zooped out into space with a big "splortch " sound effect and 4k HD gibs splattered all over an x-wing"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Eh it’s fine right? But what’s with the endless mowing down of cannon fodder troopers. Why can’t we have some personality, some banter showing something, anything of these characters’ personality and growing bonds / issues? Do we really need 18 pointless action scenes?

Fight between dark trooper and mando, and the next one against Gideon, v good. Visceral and with stakes.
    Spoiler:

Haven’t read anything about pascal being a dick but though his emoting with groggy was too class, really sold how much he cares about that annoying puppet thing.
    Regarding the spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Eh it’s fine right? But what’s with the endless mowing down of cannon fodder troopers. Why can’t we have some personality, some banter showing something, anything of these characters’ personality and growing bonds / issues? Do we really need 18 pointless action scenes?

Spoiler:

Regarding the spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Exactly.

• That was tremendous. The minute that X-Wing landed, I have not felt like that since seeing the original trilogy. Such an amazing ending, I was not expecting it. Part of me is annoyed that they had to return to that part of the Star Wars universe, having built up an original and unique storyline in that universe, but that part of me is 40 years old. The part of me that will forever remain a 10 years old Star Wars fan just saw the best Star Wars live action since the original trilogy. So, so good. Bravo. And the post credits scene!
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Gotta go back and watch post credits scene now. Agree with g.man this should have been the first reveal of his face and even then it should have been in shadow so we couldn't see it all.

Wonder how long before baby yoda is back. Probably season 4? I miss him already.
  • That was tremendous. The minute that X-Wing landed, I have not felt like that since seeing the original trilogy. Such an amazing ending, I was not expecting it. Part of me is annoyed that they had to return to that part of the Star Wars universe, having built up an original and unique storyline in that universe, but that part of me is 40 years old. The part of me that will forever remain a 10 years old Star Wars fan just saw the best Star Wars live action since the original trilogy. So, so good. Bravo. And the post credits scene!
    Im the same. The swell of excitement and the relief of how it was then handled but also the tinge of regret because its veering back to the main line.

My feelings on TLJ are well known....
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeah but now all I can think of is Kylo killing Baby Yoda. Seeing as he's still a child surely he'd be there when Kylo has his tanty. #pray4grogu

On gman's point about the direction, I wonder if the fancy tech of the screen backgrounds really limits how much you can do in terms of interesting camera moves. As you say, it's very pedestrian in how is presented but perhaps it just feels overly so for me as I'm watching Fargo alongside it and they do some wonderful camera-work throughout.

Also, the "are you a Jedi?" line had me rolling. Like, dude you just watched 10 minutes of the guy lightsabering robots.
  • Yeah but now all I can think of is Kylo killing Baby Yoda. Seeing as he's still a child surely he'd be there when Kylo has his tanty. #pray4grogu.

I think there is about 25-30 years between now and then isn't there? Presumably enough time for grogu to become independent
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Grogu’s essentially a toddler at 50, I wouldn’t have thought he’d be independent that quickly.
  • You would have thought mpff gideon would have made his dark soliders lightsaber proof. Also they were on the bridge why didnt they shutdown the dark soliders feom.the bridge? Or get Moff Gideon to shut them down?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    To get a shouted 'YES!' from Dominique when Mando blew the Dark Troopers into space earns this a logic pass.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I doubt the Moff would just go "alright then" and turn them off. He's willing to die for the cause, I'm not sure they have anything to threaten him with at that point
  • Nothing is lightsaber proof except beskar and it’s been mentioned a squillion times how expensive and rare beskar.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!