PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Kathleen Kennedy and Pedro Pascal plotting the downfall of the franchise:

lord-zed.gif

That’s not Pedro. He’s still got the helmet on.

• I never put stock in anything which starts with 'rumour' and goes on to essentially be an opinion piece with unnamed 'sources'
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message

It’s probably been posted.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I wrote a bit about this elsewhere but no-one cared, so have a repost where SOMEONE died might care...

S2E8: I'd like to have seen...

Spoiler:

But grumbles aside (too many Saturday-arvo away missions, graboid excluded), I think it's the best Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back (and better than both that and the original), has my favourite score since Game of Thrones', and I think Mando's a better character than they've ever had. A Luke/Han amalgam, really. But a Vader-tier villain next time, please.

And they really need to settle on how capable each character is, rather than doing that He-Man thing of introducing baddies as [9]s, before Double-Dashing them once He-Man's found their weak spots.

40 Stormtroopers in the open...?

Turbo-Teen.gif

4 Stormtroopers in a corridor...

Irwin.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I honestly can’t fault Mando. I mean I can pick, as we all can, but overall this is still based on a Saturday serial and it does it so well. They drop in the references for the fans (I always thought I was a fan until I realised what has gone completely over my head in this) but not at the expense of the episode.

My only fear is the success will eventually lead to fatigue (especially with what Disney have planned out), but time will tell.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I love the random Kathleen Kennedy hate on the internet, it's a genuine desire for there to be a "bad guy" rather than the reality. 

If she is the tyrant random hacks on the internet think she is, all power to her. Imagine having being able to rule with an iron fist like that? The kind of control that dictators wish they had.

She oversaw the sequel trilogy fully from TLJ on I think?
    If so she signed off (at least part of the team that did) on two really shit movies (other opinions available). If that is the case then I'd certainly throw her some filthy looks at the very least :)
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • She should be fired but the Internet takes are often classicly Internet in the extreme.
  • She was also a producer on Mando, Rogue One, The Force Awakens... so the ones people think of as “good” be the ones that are “bad”.

Very easy to just single her out as the enemy versus the reality which is there is a huge, messy corporate structure involved in making these films with all sorts of contracts, obligations, projections and relationships.

The idea that Kennedy is upstairs pulling all the strings is just a convenient fiction packaged to a receptive audience who need a reason that these things they want to love end up being bad. Rather than that being down to hundreds of other factors.

She produced Jurassic Park and ET! She also produced Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Avatar! You can make her look like God or the Devil if you want. Helps that for reactionary content creators she’s a woman so they can easily link her to the obvious SJW stuff. Weird how Kasdan gets off scot free for TLJ and Solo even though he was a writer on both.

I think it’s much more sensible to just accept that the process of handling the biggest franchise on the planet is very complex and involves a lot of people, and it’s also impossible to please every fan. Trying to pin all the failures on Kennedy and all of the successes on other people is a stupid narrative made up off the back of contention between parties in previous films and has proved an easy way to drive internet traffic. Hence our reliable Disney source. Remember when she was bang on for being fired last year? Despite helming three billion dollar box office films? Madness. How is her involvement in Solo and TLJ a reason for her to be fired, but Mando not?
  • Clearly another black mark against Kennedy’s name. The evidence mounts!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is her job to make money? Has she done that?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just finished s2. Enjoyed it. As a typical Boba Fett (Stupid-ass Fett as it would translate here) fan I was both happy and disappointed to see him. When did he get time to repaint his armour?
  • Is her job to make money? Has she done that?

No, that's the job of Baby Yoda.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Tempy wrote:
    She was also a producer on Mando, Rogue One, The Force Awakens... so the ones people think of as “good” be the ones that are “bad”. Very easy to just single her out as the enemy versus the reality which is there is a huge, messy corporate structure involved in making these films with all sorts of contracts, obligations, projections and relationships. The idea that Kennedy is upstairs pulling all the strings is just a convenient fiction packaged to a receptive audience who need a reason that these things they want to love end up being bad. Rather than that being down to hundreds of other factors. She produced Jurassic Park and ET! She also produced Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Avatar! You can make her look like God or the Devil if you want. Helps that for reactionary content creators she’s a woman so they can easily link her to the obvious SJW stuff. Weird how Kasdan gets off scot free for TLJ and Solo even though he was a writer on both. I think it’s much more sensible to just accept that the process of handling the biggest franchise on the planet is very complex and involves a lot of people, and it’s also impossible to please every fan. Trying to pin all the failures on Kennedy and all of the successes on other people is a stupid narrative made up off the back of contention between parties in previous films and has proved an easy way to drive internet traffic. Hence our reliable Disney source. Remember when she was bang on for being fired last year? Despite helming three billion dollar box office films? Madness. How is her involvement in Solo and TLJ a reason for her to be fired, but Mando not?
    Kennedy is an easy shorthand for "nameless exec decision making group at Disney". She is the Vader of Lucasfilm so I thinks its fair enough she gets some blame when things go tits up. I do see the SJW stuff out there about her but Im not too concerned on that front. Long as we get good content Im happy. But the rumors arent to do with her being fired AFAIK, its that she doesnt want a powerful, hero Luke back.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s wrote:
    My only fear is the success will eventually lead to fatigue (especially with what Disney have planned out), but time will tell.

Yeh i think there are too many shows planned. But a few are supposed to be a limited series only i.e. the book of bobba fett and obi-wan. I will skip the cartoons until my son is older and watch them all with him (not through choice by then).

Some are taking place in different timelines but same galaxy right?
  • Been watching this over the Christmas break. Some filler episodes which I watched with headphones on and the washing up to do. But also some absolutely brilliant moments. A 3rd season without baby yoda though... I dunno. He livened up the filler bits.
    GT: Knight640
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Next up, baby Jabba.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They've already done that in the Clone Wars
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A baby Wookie though...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm not that much of a geek.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Baby Jar Jar.
  • A baby Wookie though...

It can only say "Groot"

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Regarding Kathleen Kennedy, look at her filmography as a producer here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)

Clearly she is one of the most successful Hollywood producers ever. Sure, you might not like all her work but her career speaks for itself.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • We watched season two of Mando over the last fortnight. It’s fine, but not as good as the first. Too much fan service for me - ‘look, it’s this character from this other thing!’ Piss off and just tell me a good story.
  • Gina Carano has been fired by lucasfilm. Racist tweet apparently.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, in the TV thread.
  • Built like a fridge.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Well, she’s got smeg on her face.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pretty sure it’s on her chest.

Small freezer at the top.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!