The Greatest Hit. RIP
  • I thought I'd bought one of the lame efforts from later in his career, but that was the rolling stones.
    Aha! Now there's another legendary act with a phenomenal amount of shite in their catalogue.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah sound and vision is absolutely amazing. Heroes sends me to sleep - it's a plodder. It's a hit, no doubt.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • g.man wrote:
    Aha! Now there's another legendary act with a phenomenal amount of shite in their catalogue.

They still shit all over the Beatles though, eh?
  • I like to think of them as apples an' oranges innit.
  • Dammit. I’m rubbish at this trolling lark.
  • Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da mate.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    G.man has a forum on the Internet
    Poppy does designing in the land
    G.man says to pop "what song do you like, mate?"
    And popper says this as he trolls another band

"They're all shit
    They're all shit
    Theyre all shiiiiiittt
    La la la I know the band".
  • :)
  • There wasn't a conclusive decision on the final three of Bowie so I will call it a draw between the three.
  • It is Daft punk next because I'm on a house trip right now.

I strongly recommend watching Interstella 5555 as a good way of consuming Discovery.
    All the albums are worth a listen and in this instance I'm gonna give a window for live tracks/mashups/versions so check out Alive.

The Tron 2 soundtrack is exceptional and worth a listen as well. As is the remixed album.
  • Tron 2 is sublime.

I like Giorgio.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Check out 'Get Lucky' if you get the chance.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I couldn't pick a favourite Daft Punk. I have Homework on repeat almost constantly at the moment.
  • regmcfly wrote:

I hear it's the sound of the summer.
  • It's probably Da Funk for me as it's one of the tracks I go to when testing new headphones or audio equipment. Plus it would sound great through the shitest headphones or tinniest speakers because it's awesome.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Very little competition for worst though

edit: to be fair to the boys, they never touched it, and had it pulled, so unfair of me to slight them

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • nick_md wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I hear it's the sound of the summer.

:)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Instant shouts for me are:

Aerodynamic - I still get the goosies when that distorted guitar 8 kicks in. An incredible sonic assault.

Veridis Quo - I love the idea of the guys being robots, and this somber one just makes me think of some intergalactic robot funeral home, and this is the music at the wake they made to say goodbye to a friend. Love that melody that carries through the song.

One More Time - Pure joy. I'll never not love it.

Robot Rock - Remember the first time I heard this. Thinking FFFUUUUUUUCK THEY'RE BAAAAACK <3 <3 <3. It's just great.

Instant Crush - Easily my fave off RAM. Just a class wee tune.

But I'll go for Aerodynamic. Its pure peak Daft Punk. It's metal, punk, electronica, rock, breakbeat, funk, everything.

Christ, Discovery really was perfect wasn't it?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yes, Homework was perfect. Aerodynamic was on Discovery though.
  • Christ. I got my apps mixed up and had a brain fart. Let me edit there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    :D

As much as I do love Discovery I might have to go with Revolution 909 if I was forced to choose. It felt like every bar and club in Manchester was playing it at the time, and takes me right back there stinking of Joop thinking I was cool as fuck.
  • One More Time, easy.
  • Nah. For me, it’s Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Honourable mentions to Da Funk and Derezzed though.
  • I used to be mad about Daft Punk. Find them utterly pedestrian nowadays.
  • Teachers and Burnin - first album

Face to Face... Maybe second album.

Doin it right - third album

But definitely an overrated act.
  • Instant shouts for me are:

Aerodynamic - I still get the goosies when that distorted guitar 8 kicks in. An incredible sonic assault.

Veridis Quo - I love the idea of the guys being robots, and this somber one just makes me think of some intergalactic robot funeral home, and this is the music at the wake they made to say goodbye to a friend. Love that melody that carries through the song.

One More Time - Pure joy. I'll never not love it.

Robot Rock - Remember the first time I heard this. Thinking FFFUUUUUUUCK THEY'RE BAAAAACK <3 <3 <3. It's just great.

Instant Crush - Easily my fave off RAM. Just a class wee tune.

But I'll go for Aerodynamic. Its pure peak Daft Punk. It's metal, punk, electronica, rock, breakbeat, funk, everything.

Christ, Discovery really was perfect wasn't it?

What's this, casuals picking off the greatest hits playlist. Disgraceful
  • Hoznor has the correct angle.

Homework is the good LP, and everything on it slaps, bangs and goes.

Since then, I still like Face to Face but am well past done with the rest of the catalogue, which really doesn't hold up once you know where all the pretty blatant samples come from. Human After All could've been a fine album had they actually bothered. RAM is indulgent boring richguy shite of the max order.
  • In my one moment of Poprockesque ‘I know the person who...’ I once spent a very fine night bashing around Florence with the guys from Daft Punk and a few Americans, one of whom was Madeline Albrights grandson.  The Americans initially thought me and my friend were Daft Punk.  Daft Punk thought we could get them good drugs and calzone (despite us having been in the city for less than two hours when we first met) and we thought the Americans could introduce us to exotic art students from around the globe.  Still one of the best nights I’ve ever had.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Hoznor has the correct angle.

Homework is the good LP, and everything on it slaps, bangs and goes.

Since then, I still like Face to Face but am well past done with the rest of the catalogue, which really doesn't hold up once you know where all the pretty blatant samples come from. Human After All could've been a fine album had they actually bothered. RAM is indulgent boring richguy shite of the max order.

I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to pick one from the first album, but when I was listening in my teens I thought around the world and dafunk was the best thing ever. I can barely sit through them now. But the rest of the LP is good, if easily surpassed by more modern house /electro whatever you want to call it.

The later stuff is just pop / funk revival second rate shite, though they do seem good at shite pop stuff. Electronic tunes using more andalucian Chord progression ala Red Hot Chili Peppers and whatnot works, I doubt they invented that. But loads do it better, in the genre and elsewhere. Take this tune, for example, different genre but which uses two minor chord progressions to ensure euphoria; get lucky seems tepid by comparison to me for example, since it only uses the one with whatever groove your man the guitarist adds to it.

https://youtu.be/V_B8WLV8F4w

Edit -
    Spoiler:
  • But anyways, house wise I'm more into Moscoman, Red Axes, Acid Arab and basically stuff that Weatherall plays.

Played, sniff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!