Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    ...er
    ....II
  • quite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Is there any way Petey can give us all titles for the jubilee?

Arise Sir Lawrence of SkullFuck.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Roujin wrote:
    I expect all the people who dislike the Queen to be at work on Tuesday.

I will be. And on Monday. And Sunday. And Saturday.
  • I'l be in Edinburgh.  Does that help?
  • What about if I spell "I'll" correctly?
  • I'm working Saturday through Tuesday.  The Queen has (personally, I'm sure) put a little version of her hat on my hat, so I'm meant to care.  Plus, in an attempt to make me happy about it all, she's given me a shiny medal (not personally - it was in an envelope in my pigeon-hole).

Elm, there's a difference between not caring how long Her Maj has been Her Maj and being joyless.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Elm, there's a difference between not caring how long Her Maj has been Her Maj and being joyless.

Of course there is.  I don't mind people not giving a stuff, it's the vehement anti-monarchist ranting that gets me down a little, not that we have a lot of that here.  I don't really understand how people can get so excited about it.

My medal hasn't arrived yet, btw.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Go marry her if you like her so much.
  • Do you not have to kill someone to get a medal, or at least bring some poor chap his legs back?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • wvrde.jpg
    Don't fuck with the Queen right, she's badass.

Well, tbh, don't care either way about the royals - nice to have the days off.
    Lot of people I know are looking forward to the little community street parties and whatnot, which is cool cos in this day and age it's too easy to be all insular, but I'm not that fussed - work's been manic so I'll prob just chill and catch up on E3 and that.
  • I'll be on a balcony overlooking the Thames and a BBQ and drinks. I was background checked and have to bring photo ID on Sunday. I think it will be ok but the weather makes me think I'm going to get wet.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I for one am actually quite excited about this Jubilee weekend. I wouldn't exactly say I'm a royalist but I do enjoy the fact that we do have a Monarchy and I can't explain why. I can't understand how some people can be so against it and all this talk of "fuck the queen" does piss me off a little if I'm honest.

I hear people say this all the time but not a single one of you will complain about having a day off will ya? 

I won't be out flag waving as its a little too silly for me but I will be enjoy the street parties and watching the ceremonies on TV. This is England and for ceremonies of pomp and circumstance I feel that nobody in the world does it better than us.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Broken
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I can't understand how some people can be so against it and all this talk of "fuck the queen" does piss me off a little if I'm honest. I hear people say this all the time but not a single one of you will complain about having a day off will ya?

I think that there are a fair amount of people like me who won't get a day off as a result of this. And isn't it just a holiday that's been moved, rather than an extra one anyway?

I'm mostly against people assuming I care. The Queen and the monarchy in general don't even come across my radar. I don't know what people are excited about. As far as I can tell, we're celebrating a woman not yet having died. Yay? I was more excited for Alex Ferguson being in charge of Manchester United for 25 years, as that's something that's actually relevant to me.

I wasn't bothered in 2002, and not much has changed in those 10 years.
  • @Wookie - Elgar wasn't so impressed with the 'modifications' made to his instrumental work and I don't blame him.  I'm not sure if Holst felt the same about his Jupiter theme being used as a setting for 'I vow to thee my country', but the original is a sublime slice of English musical history.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't get any days of in any of my countries so yeah, fuck the queen.
  • I'm not getting any days off either.  Frankly, I'd rather be working anyhow as I can't tolerate much of this royalist flag-waving malarky.
  • This is going to sound weird, but it sounds like a lot of the music from Star Trek drew inspiration from that.
  • Igor, I'm not really familiar with the history I just posted it as it fits my statement about our country's ability to do ceremonies of pomp and circumstance in my previous post.

I rarely get any days off, I usually have to work every bank holiday but I have Tuesday off for once.

Also I thought the OP was about being happy for this weekend event... And you miserable buggers have ruined it ;)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I hope she falls off something and breaks somebody's hips.
  • I'll be honest, bar shops having a sale on some shit, I don't know of anything bordering on a celebration happening anywhere near me. So I'm not really sure how much of an event it is up here.

It probably doesn't help that it clashes with the Caribbean Carnival, and that this is a Preston Guild year, so I think energies are focused elsewhere.
  • Well I'm going to enjoy it all, screw you guys... I'm going home! 

YOU CAN'T RUIN MY MOOD FOR I AM HAPPY AND FULL OF PRIDE.
    AND WINE.
    Lots of wine
    Lol x
  • Igor, I'm not really familiar with the history I just posted it as it fits my statement about our country's ability to do ceremonies of pomp and circumstance in my previous post.
    No, you're right.  The Proms is a great British tradition too.  I'm not such a fan of some of the silliness of the Last Night but it certainly celebrates the eccentric charm of our nation (albeit a little jingoistically at times).
  • I can't help but feel that loyalists are a bit simple.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!