Happy Jubilee Weekend!
  • I like having a monarchy but don't buy into the whole celebrating thing. A few peeps on my Facebook annoy me though with their anti Queen bollocks because she doesnt have to get her hands dirty yet these people in question have happily sat on their arses collecting dole with no intention of working for the last several years.

We get 2 days off and it doesn't hurt anyone so I am happy.
  • As far as I can tell, we're celebrating a woman not yet having died. Yay?

That's a bit simplistic, bordering on ignorant.  A lot of people have the view that Her Majesty sits on a pile of money, laughing away and living like a lottery winner.  She's quite possibly one of the hardest working people on the planet, and it's not a job she had a great deal of choice in.  She's spent 60 years effectively serving the country.  She may not have to worry about where her next meal's coming from, but she can't exactly pop out, buy a Lamborghini, and wax it around London grinning away.

We're celebrating the fact that she's done things to further our interests and improve our country and others'  opinion of it for 60 years, without complaining or giving up.  I get a bit sad with the prevailing attitude that we should get rid of the monarchy.  The net effect on the average British person's life is probably nothing negative, and if they weren't around, it wouldn't make those moaning any happier.

That said, most of Dante's complaint appears to be the fact that he's working on a bank holiday, which isn't technically the Queen's fault.  Although she's sort of my employer, and I'm working a 14-hour nightshift on Monday, so I probably should be complaining too.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Had a Jubilee thing at work today.

Wore a Sex Pistols Tshirt.

Only one person got it.

That is quite depressing. The people being retards, not the t shirt wearing which was inspired.

I did my bit on Thursday by flitting between two offices shouting about all French being retrarded cunts (6 month long project with the worst clients i have ever had that also happen to be French)
  • This is England.

is it? Here's me thinking the Queen was the Uk monarch.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    This is England.
    is it? Here's me thinking the Queen was the Uk monarch.

and 16 Commonwealth realms.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Elmlea wrote:
    As far as I can tell, we're celebrating a woman not yet having died. Yay?

That's a bit simplistic, bordering on ignorant.  A lot of people have the view that Her Majesty sits on a pile of money, laughing away and living like a lottery winner.  She's quite possibly one of the hardest working people on the planet, and it's not a job she had a great deal of choice in.  She's spent 60 years effectively serving the country.  She may not have to worry about where her next meal's coming from, but she can't exactly pop out, buy a Lamborghini, and wax it around London grinning away.

We're celebrating the fact that she's done things to further our interests and improve our country and others'  opinion of it for 60 years, without complaining or giving up.  I get a bit sad with the prevailing attitude that we should get rid of the monarchy.  The net effect on the average British person's life is probably nothing negative, and if they weren't around, it wouldn't make those moaning any happier.

That said, most of Dante's complaint appears to be the fact that he's working on a bank holiday, which isn't technically the Queen's fault.  Although she's sort of my employer, and I'm working a 14-hour nightshift on Monday, so I probably should be complaining too.

Pfft. How utterly cringeworthy.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Elmlea wrote:

No that was more a response to people saying "I bet you're not complaining about the day off."
  • I have no problem with the monarchy, I never love or loathe them. However, I shall not be celebrating the jubilee as the bastards have scheduled it during half term. The two bank holidays mean jack all to me as I am off anyway. Gits.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • We have a big lunch street party every year but this year we won't be having one due to it being tied to the jubilee. I don't object to the queen as such but i do object to her position of head of state and head of the church of england. A heraditrary figure head has no place in a modern democracy in my opinion. I also am working the bank holiday.
  • I get a four day weekend and because of that I vehemently support the monarchy despite not really knowing what they are all about.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    As far as I can tell, we're celebrating a woman not yet having died. Yay?

I agree with this.
  • Just been to Tesco, it was fucking mental, every man and their dog was out buying buntin and cucumbers.
    Everybody on the roads were in bank holiday fuck head mode

Think I will hibernate til wednesday.

I dont think there is anything on sale in Tesco that doesnt have a union jack on it now. Jubilee chinese style pork ribs anyone?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What have cucumbers got to do with anything?
  • Cucumber sandwhiches, its what posh people eat Kow
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stupid fucking Brits, cucumbers are shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FUCKING RADCLIFFE CARNIVAL IS OFF THE HOOK THERE'S SOME DRUMS AND SOME FLOATS AND SOME CUNT DRESSED AS A CLOWN REQUESTING MONEY THE LITTLE FUCKING BASTARD COME WATCH IT PEEPS ITS FUCKING GOING OFF RIGHT NOW*

*It's fucking shit.
  • Prince Charles is cool. I say him lecture once. He's very educated and entertaining.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Just been to Tesco, it was fucking mental, every man and their dog was out buying buntin and cucumbers.
    Everybody on the roads were in bank holiday fuck head mode

Think I will hibernate til wednesday.

I dont think there is anything on sale in Tesco that doesnt have a union jack on it now. Jubilee chinese style pork ribs anyone?

Haha yeah I noticed that yesterday when I did my weekly shop. I have plenty of Tyskie lager and pear cider and am going to get drunk and watch Sky News get excited about it all. Might even pretend I'm posh and have cucumber sandwiches too.

• Why not fuck your cousin.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • In true traditional British style I have just mixed myself up a Mojito and put some Jerk chicken on the slow cooker to be finished under the grill later. Breaking my 'only bbq jerk chicken' rule as have no bbq.

Fuck y'all cucumber sandwiches and Pimms.
  • Why not fuck your cousin.

She lives in Australia :(

• Plan M wrote:
    Why not fuck your cousin.
    She lives in Australia :(

... and it's a bit of a tired old claim about the monarchy.  I don't think they do it anymore.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Course they don't, the Germans outlawed incest a few years back.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I would have outlawed cannibalism before incest, personally.
  • Germany allows cannibalism?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I took my chances.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    All the best cannibals are German. Most monarchy is German too it seems.
  • Yeah but they own the moustache.
    moustache_4dd0e3e1adb8f.jpg

Barring the obvious blip.(Hitler)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I want to grab that man's moustache with both hands and imagine i'm steering a runaway cruise liner like in Speed 2.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!