REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
  • Tempy wrote:
    Warp eh? Link us to some releases?
    Was never one of the big names or anything, but here are a few bits and pieces -

https://bleep.com/artist/28
    https://bleep.com/artist/2383
    https://bleep.com/release/29672
    https://bleep.com/release/29454
    https://bleep.com/release/21686

@Turts, I used to have a tamiya frog, was well excited when I got it, broke it within about 3 seconds of driving it on the street ahaha.  whoops, it was a bit faster than I expected.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Cheers Billy, I'll take a look over the weekend!
  • But I will say that when music changed from a hobby to a job things changed a lot, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it forever.
    Thats interesting as it is how I felt about 3D modelling.

I have a mate who is doing well in the whole producing world, had a few tracks played on Xfm's Mary-Anne Hobbes show last month, goes by the name of Cloaka, linky linky (mainly because I want to ride off his success).

http://soundcloud.com/cloaka/cloaka-showreel
  • I think I gave you some money a while back, Billy.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Well, there was a gap between dropping out of Uni the first time and going back now. Had to sort my life out a bit and somehow ended up having a kid in the process. I'm 28 now so I'm not exactly as old as the hills but I think music as a career is out of the question. I'd say I'm better at game design though so I thought I could pursue that and work the music into it.

The music you both linked is right up my street though, I'll follow Cloaka on Soundcloud.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • My hobbies involve projectiles.
    I am a member of a rifle club and do gallery rifle at 20 yards .22 rim fire and lever action .38/.357. There was a big annual meet/gun show down at Bisley this weekend where they do a huge amount of different competitions and disciplines and one or two caught my fancy so I will probably end up there some time soon.
    I also do a bit of clay pigeon shooting which I love but it can be a bit pricey for a hobby so I don't go often.
    My final hobby is archery which I am ok at. There are some many variables to consider that you really need to obsess over it to be a good archer and I just can't be bothered as I have other things to do, plus the clubs annual fees are a little high so I might end
    up dropping the club and might do a bit of cheeky shooting in the garden instead.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Ooh, another archer :).

I shoot in my garden as well as the club. The more time you can put into technique at home (even if it's a short distance), the more time you can spend at your club doing what you want rather than all that obsessive stuff. 

Out of a interest Pantyfire, what bow/setup are you using?
  • whats the difference between a 50 quid RC car and a 120 one? I was in model zone yesterday looking at them. I wanted to ask but the staff in there scare me. Also, could you recommend one for me which would also go on grass? As i've got a bit of lawn as well in my garden. Or is grass a real no-no?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • You get what you pay for in RC, like anything. A cheap car will be made of shite Chinese plastic that will last 2 mins and shatter if you hit a wall. A £200 one will do 40 foot jumps in a concrete skate park and do 45mph. There's a hell of a lot to learn and it's overwhelming. I was obsessed with RC from 1988 to 1993 but have only just got back into it and everything has changed massively, it's far more complicated now but motor and battery technology is literally from another planet these days compared to the shit we had back in the 80's. Brushless motors and lipo batteries mean insane speeds and longer run times, all done very quietly. Nitro cars used to be the only way you were gonna hot 40mph plus but the noise is unbearable and they are messy and smelly. A lot of people are going from nitro to electric now, because of brushless systems.

RE grass, if you have a Truggy or Monster truck, you'd be okay, but a buggy really needs short grass, gravel or concrete. I'm gonna be driving mine on smooth BMX tracks with doubles and triples to fly over and berms to whip round.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • are monster trucks any good though?

I'm pleased the battery life is longer. I remember playing with my mates one back in 93 and it lasted 10 minutes tops.

also why are some contollers with a wheel and some with two sticks? Is one control type easier or better than the other?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm getting into hovercrafts.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • mk64 wrote:
    are monster trucks any good though? I'm pleased the battery life is longer. I remember playing with my mates one back in 93 and it lasted 10 minutes tops. also why are some contollers with a wheel and some with two sticks? Is one control type easier or better than the other?

Good for what? They are tough and can go over a lot of different terrain, but flip over way more than buggies. The wheel controllers are more popular these days and are more intuitive to use. Actually turning a mini wheel for steering and pulling a trigger for throttle just feels right.

Also:

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I video'd some dudes playing with their RC boats in Hong Kong.  I was surprised at how fast they were.  Just as I stopped recording the yellow one crashed into a guy walking past.  I was gutted that I missed it.

• Yah, brushless motors and lipo's innit. They turn on a dime, those boats.

• One for the Pikey's amongst us.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well, I write. I know I post in a certain way on here, but I write in a different style, primarily for personal reasons, but I also write for places and such. Currently writing two forum based 'stories', although not for this forum.

Activity wise, probably snooker, at which I'm still useless, but its a good laugh.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Currently writing two forum based 'stories', although not for this forum.

Harlot!
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I doubt they'd go down well in this place :D

One based around wrestling, the other around a football club, along with the Battle Royale and Apocalypse ones I've had archived. And some awards I 'hosted' as Michael McIntyre.
  • Put it in the wrestling thread!!
    DO we have one.....?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No.  That's a good thing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not that I know of, but the link is here (a lot of shit in between the story posts, plus its based around forum members none of you will know):

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=80848

Continuing it this week.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Anyway, DS, just as long as we're your one and only game forum love then I guess I don't mind.
    Get schwifty.
  • One for the Pikey's amongst us.

I really want to make a fleet of these to send down the local river...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Anyway, DS, just as long as we're your one and only game forum love then I guess I don't mind.

Well its this or rllmuk, tough choice... ;)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Are you saying we're the best of a bad lot?  ARE YOU?
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The best of the bestest lot <3
  • Ooh, another archer :).

I shoot in my garden as well as the club. The more time you can put into technique at home (even if it's a short distance), the more time you can spend at your club doing what you want rather than all that obsessive stuff. 

Out of a interest Pantyfire, what bow/setup are you using?

40lb (probably pulling about 38lb) Recurve. Using a Win & Win TF Apecs Riser. Club has a all year round indoor range at 20yards and year round outdoor access for up to 100yards, weather permitting of course. Garden is about 20yards so I might save myself the £300 and just shoot at home.
    I am sooo bored of Portsmouth targets/comps. I like the Worcester or the Tiddlers. Last year I did the short metric team comp for the area (Harrow/Middlesex) and really enjoyed but this year I am a little...meh. Scores are decent without being spectacular.
    I went on a massive downer after having a good summer at longer ranges then went indoors for the winter and shot like shit and it frustrated me no end.

How about you?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The best of the bestest lot <3

YAS!
    Get schwifty.
  • Some of my Transformers collection...

ipone030612065.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!