#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I hate transformers, but that's impressive.
    Get schwifty.
  • Discworld collection?
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • @Pantyfire: I shoot recurve as well, a Win & Win RCX 100 riser/limb combo, 38lb but about 44 on the fingers. Got it last summer and never come close to my previous scores.

I've shoot for Telford Archers for about 6 years, and love the close knit scene in Shropshire. I mainly shoot imperial rounds, Long Nationals and the odd York. We have a Shropshire inter club championship where every club hosts a shoot throughout the summer. They're great fun and nothing like as serious as a FITA round. I'm a bit annoyed that I'm going to miss the Much Wenlock Olympics due to over subscription though, as I've had some success there in the past.

I hear you regarding Portsmouth's. Fucking hate the things, indoors in general tbh. It always takes me a month or so to get back into the swing of things after being cooped up in a leisure centre for 5 months. Archery should be an outdoor sport, but the weather this year has been monumentally shit.

Club fees are £12 per month, all in. That could all change though, were moving to a new ground this year. A local sports and social club in fact, complete with bar :D.
  • Archery rules.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Discworld collection?

Thats what I picked up on too. A great series (ignoring the last few).
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Oh, I play drums. I forgot that. There's a joke in there.
  • Discworld collection?

Thats what I picked up on too. A great series (ignoring the last few).

Yes, it's all the paperbacks up to Unseen Academicals (and Making Money, which I can't find)

iphone0306122002.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's every single issue of EDGE too.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Nice sneaking the forum mug in there.
  • n0face wrote:
    Nice sneaking the forum mug in there.

Hey... I'm on it, why not! ;-)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Some of my Transformers collection... ipone030612065.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

<3
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Milanese..

Man I might have met you : )Definitely heard your beats over the years and maybe a remix or two of my friends beats. Synapse, Ed Chamberlain, Bloc, Badazewski, Luke's Anger are all friends. If none of that means anything, apologies - lovely work either way.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:

The music you both linked is right up my street though, I'll follow Cloaka on Soundcloud.
    Cheers mate, he has a remix up that is in a competition at the mo, think you just need to favourite it but if you could it will be great.

He is a real talent, only really been at it for a couple of years but knows his stuff.
  • @ XTC_NRG_4_DARKRAVER haha nice one, I wrote that just before getting signed around 10 years ago.  Wore my influences on my sleeves back then, that track was influenced by this, one of the best house tracks ever written

@Nick I remember doing many gigs/festivals with Ed Chamberlain and hearing his lovely electro, although I never met him.

@Mouldy fair enough, music is a risky business not worth staking everything on if you have a kid, I've got a 3 month old and loving it :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • @Stormy
    Yeh our club fees are about £150 a year but then they stick a compulsory range fee on top of it that bumps it to £300+! And there is me and the missuss paying.
    We get daily access from 8am to 11pm which is really good but most people go on 3 nights a week so for the vast majority it might as well only be open on those days.
    club members are a good bunch but I am not really keen £600 a year going out of the household just to keep in touch.
    I am not really competitive so the big shoots don't interest me at all. I had a great time at the inter club short metric last year which was about 5 shoots at other clubs. It was sunny people where chilled out and people had a bit if a laugh but I got strong armed into doing the Middlesex Champs a few months back against my better judgement and absolutely loathed it. It was too serious and it had a really grim atmosphere, I will never do that one again.

I really like my Apecs riser it looks a bit odd but the crap on it really works, after I bought it about 4 other members got one after trying mine and they all shot personal bests one went back to Ireland recently and has started to win comps there.
    If you haven't tried one and can somehow get a go I would say at least try it.

I tried compound but with the trigger releases and sights etc... It was too close to the rifle shooting I already do so I won't bother with that.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I tried an Apecs that one of our club members was selling last year. Wish I'd gone for it but decided to go full carbon. Big mistake. Turns out it's nowhere near as forgiving as an aluminium riser, and my technique isn't consistent enough to get the best out of it.

I've gone from regular top three places in my local shoots to mid table with no sign of getting any better. On the plus side, the bow looks lovely :).

I can't get on with compound either, but loved the longbow for the half season I shot it. It's a stupidly inaccurate thing to shoot, but you get a great deal of satisfaction when you actually hit the boss. Also, the beardy, mead swilling Time Team extras I was shooting with were a great bunch.

£600 is a he'll of a lot for yearly fees though. If I were in the same position, I'd be thinking about just shooting at home as well. You could maybe become an associate member and pay to shoot two or three times a month or so, providing your club does that.
  • I actually have a red Apecs to sell - Long story - it has a a couple of paint chips and the grip has been messed with but it is still a cracking riser.
    Also a perfect condition Winex riser to sell.
    Looks like we will just get a foam boss and practice in the garden.
    I hope the neighbours don't get a trampoline.
  • Ah, it was a Winex I was thinking of buying, not an Apecs. Think I'll give it the rest of the outdoor season then make a decision about whether or not to sell mine. If you've still got your Winex to sell come October I might be interested.
  • The finish on the Win Win stuff is beautiful, I have a blue Winex, never been used. I will probably still have it later in the year. If you are interested just let me know.
  • @Billy Hologram
    Have you never thought about doing some straight club stuff? I loved Vanilla Monkey and wanted to give you more money, but you went a bit 'Mary Anne Hobbs' ahaha.
    I remember hearing Adam Beyer play it at a festival in Amsterdam right in the middle of that European MNML thing (2004 ish?). I was quite impressed at the reaction.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • @stormy @pantyfire I had a brief flirtation with shooting a few years back. I loved shooting but there was a bit of guff that went along with it. Once we had shot for a little while we (my sisters went as well) were practically made to shoot competition cards. Wasn't fun after we had to do it. Plus the club was never open on days that were convenient to us. I had a brief look at shooting clubs up liverpool way but it appears that they aren't taking any members *sadface* Probably couldn't afford it if they did anyways.

Would also love to have a go at archery. Last and only time I tried it I was ten and managed to hit the bullseye. I might have made that memory up.
  • I remember the last girl I was seeing's reaction to my MGS 4 Old Snake and Raiden figures on my media rack thing. She'd have shat at the sight of Optimark's room.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    'on my media rack thing' is a lovely replacement for 'up her chuff'
  • Clawing their way out of her gowl.
  • @handsofblue: If you do want to try archery, you could do a beginners course at a local club. They generally take place over a few weeks, and will give you a good idea as to whether archery's your thing or not. Archery UK's club finder or the Northern Counties Archery Society homepage should help you find a club nearby.

Your experience with shooting sounds pretty bad, but it's (hopefully) something you won't find in archery, I've never known an archery club to be pushy regarding how it's members shoot. There are plenty of members in my club who only shoot for fun and have never taken part in a competition, although there are lots of friendly low key competitions around if you ever decide to give them a go.
  • Cheers for that. It wasn't that they were mean about it, it was a small club and the competition shooting just seemed to be expected of us. Was good while the fun lasted and I loved the moments of focus just when you're about to shoot. But archery is just damned cool.
  • Clawing their way out of her gowl.

Snake? SNAAAKE!
  • My mum is up in the 'pool she wanted to try archery and had a go at the Cheshire Bowmen club iirc. She never followed up on it tho.
    I was a member of a gun club/range that was down on the dock road in Liverpool but that was many years ago.
    I have been a member of Hendon Rifle Club in North London for about 4 years now, they are great, no end of help and friendly faces and after some initial prodding to get me to shoot comps (I entered and won my division - low division tho) I don't anymore and they are totally fine with that.
    I just spent all Saturday at the Bisley rifle range and it really inspired me to go and try out some varied disciplines. The range of interesting things you can do with a cheap .22 rimfire rifle is remarkable.
    I saw some of the results in the comps and the vast majority of people where terrible. But they where just going for the personal challenge or the fun of it. It's not in your face either it's not like you are on the range with 100 people standing around watching. You are usually just shooting with three other guys of varying abilities so no much pressure.

I was watching one comp and there where some guys shooting .308 at 1000 yards about 100 yards behind me. The noise from those guns was astonishing plus you could actually hear the bullet make a fantastic fizz noise as it went down range. 1000yards was an immense distance.

Edit
    My experience with archery has been varied. It can be extremely frustrating from day to day as there are just so many variables involved both with you and the bow set up and also the arrows themselves.
    You. An shoot like a god one day and the next it is a nightmare. There is just so much going on biomechanically and mechanically. What your left hand, right hand, shoulders, head and even fingers are doing can make a huge difference on performance and some people fiddle endlessly with the way their bows are setup. Sometimes you are unsure whether bad shooting is down to you or the bow. More often than not it is mostly you and a bit of the bow setup.

With the rifles you bench them, shoot them and zero the sights. After that the chances are any bad shooting is down to you as they are usually incredibly reliable. so you walk away and try again next time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!