Drawings wot I done
  • G modelling Rick Owens' diffusion line there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    There's a bit of older Sam Rockwell about him.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    And it's nice work to boot.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I'll rig a separate thread for the comp thing tomorrow.  If entrants so far could re-post their contributions in there that would be dandy.  KEEP WATCHING THE SKIS

Why watch the skis? Is there some sort of winter sports related thievery going on ATM?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No, just keep an eye on them.  Maybe they'll surprise you.
  • Mister robot DS

WP_000472.jpg

WP_000473.jpg

WP_000474.jpg
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Man I'm a badass
  • A couple of years after Uni (BA Illustration), I threw away tonnes of my coursework and sketchbooks, It's times like these that I regret it but then I think of all the moves and the pain in the arse it would be to pack it all up and I think not.
    I should've scanned them in but to be honest I don't miss it all and have not felt the urge to draw for 13 years or so.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Gonna dig my sketchbook out on Saturday and have a peek.
    Might use a pdf app for my iPad and scan some of the pics in.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    There is a brilliant artist that resides in the wild country that lies north of England whose work I would love to have a piece of, too expensive for my current funds though...

Ruth Brownlee

227844_10151095235466925_2082230203.jpg
  • pantyfire wrote:
    A couple of years after Uni (BA Illustration), I threw away tonnes of my coursework and sketchbooks, It's times like these that I regret it but then I think of all the moves and the pain in the arse it would be to pack it all up and I think not.
    I should've scanned them in but to be honest I don't miss it all and have not felt the urge to draw for 13 years or so.

That must be a weird feeling. If I have a pen and a peice of paper I am compelled to draw. The reason I posted stuff here is for critique and tips, because my level of sketching frustrates me. I'll hit a peak i'm happy with and that'll be me I guess.

• Really like that moto, is there a way I can make it more high res for my backdrop?
  • Oh and DS robot is badass, obviously.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Really like that moto, is there a way I can make it more high res for my backdrop?
    I don't think so, I grabbed that from her Facebook page but I may have to have a think about doing something similar myself, if it comes out anything like as good as hers I'll be chuffed!
  • Tempy wrote:
    A couple of years after Uni (BA Illustration), I threw away tonnes of my coursework and sketchbooks, It's times like these that I regret it but then I think of all the moves and the pain in the arse it would be to pack it all up and I think not. I should've scanned them in but to be honest I don't miss it all and have not felt the urge to draw for 13 years or so.
    That must be a weird feeling. If I have a pen and a peice of paper I am compelled to draw. The reason I posted stuff here is for critique and tips, because my level of sketching frustrates me. I'll hit a peak i'm happy with and that'll be me I guess.

I guess I never had the urge because I went straight into graphic design after leaving Uni where I had to be sort of creative every day.
    I think that tempered my urge to draw. I really couldn't face coming home and doing stuff after 9 hours of deadlines etc...

The secret is not to give a shit.
    Out of the stuff you have posted the one I liked the most was the loosest (the last one). The others look like you are really trying.
    I am absolutely terrible at drawing cartoony style faces/characters tho, I mean shocking. I can reproduce anything put in front of me, or sketch it up with a mood/feeling but cartoony style I just can't do it all.

I have had 2 works from Uni featured In Creative Design and one in Artists & Illustrators magazine many moons ago.
    Both incredibly loose sketchy work.

EDIT
    Days before the internet was really ubiquitous (1997). A quick search has no results.
  • Luckily I work an office job, so I'm still able to enjoy it.

Ta for feedback, understand what you mean by 'trying' the concentration from trying to nail down features and proportions is probably telling, and why I'm trying to nail them down, so they're natural.
  • Loving that drawing of G.man,
  • Tempy wrote:
    Luckily I work an office job, so I'm still able to enjoy it. Ta for feedback, understand what you mean by 'trying' the concentration from trying to nail down features and proportions is probably telling, and why I'm trying to nail them down, so they're natural.

When I was in college one of the tutors took it upon herself to kick me out of the habit of anally reproducing everything I was given to draw.
    It took about a year but once she had managed it I couldn't face doing painstakingly accurate drawings ever again.

If I did have stuff to post it would mostly look like scribble!
    In fact the Artist & Illustrators mag thing was a piece I did for a Uni project on Kafka's Metamorphosis. I think I did a little 5 cm high sketch and then blew it up on a photocopier to A4 and coloured it up with some screen printing sketching.

While I remember I used to love doing screen print sketching.
    1. Get a completely clean screen
    2. get all your inks together in tubs
    3. cut up lots of strips of stiff cardboard at different widths to use as brushes
    4. Using the cardboard paint onto the screen what you want, make the ink thick.
    5. pull the screen as per normal 

it was incredibly wasteful on ink and you could only get one pull out of the screen as it would all smear together on the second, but you got some lovely stuff out of it.
  • I did some screen printing in college, and some textile work, it's all really good fun, but the kind of thing that you'll struggle to do at home. Should have stuck it out, but screw filling a sketch book full of 'ideas' when you've already come up with your final peice off the cuff.
  • I'm coming across as a show off here looking back over the last couple of pages. Sorry guys. Ill keep it in the shaggy dog thread..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    WTF are you talking about, Rev? You're not showing off any more than anyone else who is good at art and sharing things they're pleased with.
  • I haven't read the shaggy dog thread and if I'm honest, I probably won't.  So I'll be needing you to post your drawings in here if I'm going to see them.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I did some screen printing in college, and some textile work, it's all really good fun, but the kind of thing that you'll struggle to do at home. Should have stuck it out, but screw filling a sketch book full of 'ideas' when you've already come up with your final peice off the cuff.

Oh yesh.
    A few times I tried to 'work up' a sketch into a finished piece and it lost what made it nice in the first place.
    Much better to just work with the sketch itself.

@rev
    You aren't showing off. Dont be a girl and keep posting.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I haven't read the shaggy dog thread and if I'm honest, I probably won't.  So I'll be needing you to post your drawings in here if I'm going to see them.

Read it and read it now. It's the best thing about the forum.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll ask in here as couldn't find the thread:

Are The Walking Dead comic/graphic novels good? I fancy trying some graphic novels out.
  • Everything I hear about them suggests they are.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I shall give them a go then, cheers. I bought the Watchman graphic novel, but never really got around to reading it, and now its lost.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll ask in here as couldn't find the thread: Are The Walking Dead comic/graphic novels good? I fancy trying some graphic novels out.
    Fucking brilliant, if you want a sample I'll grab some screens of my iPad, just let me know...

@Revel: Shut up you tit and keep posting in here!
  • Ill lend you the watchmen if you like. Its in my cupboard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!