• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    A set of grooves/channels in the back to tidy cables into before running them down one of the TV’s legs.

Sounds like they sent you the San Serif by mistake.
  • I was really unsure about the Serif. Love the idea, but it could so easily be let down by the wrong plastic finish or something. Turns out it’s lovely, I needn’t have worried. And the speakers are fine - perfectly good enough as a second-room telly without an additional soundbar etc.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    For those of you with LG Oled’s some settings for Xbox Series X best pic etc. Vincent knows his stuff.

Was just going to watch that as i got a YouTube notification.

Just quoted this so it’s easier to find once my new CX turns up. Got everyone to agree on the 77 too!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice! Wish I could afford to go for the 77, but tbh I sit close enough to the TV and being a single Pringle I always get the best seat in the house.

Vince has also done a video for the PS5. I was pretty close to his settings tbh. Definitely switch on HGIG.

• Hgig makes stuff too dark imo on my bx oled
    PSN - minkymu
  • I have both consoles. Which setting do I go for!?!
  • The room actually needs the 77. Tbh it could go up to 85 or whatever it is and not be overwhelming but I don’t have 20k for a tv, I’m afraid.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have both consoles. Which setting do I go for!?!

Buy a second TV.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have both consoles. Which setting do I go for!?!

You can have a setting per HDMI input.
  • The room actually needs the 77. Tbh it could go up to 85 or whatever it is and not be overwhelming but I don’t have 20k for a tv, I’m afraid.

Funny how different rooms suit different sizes of screen. We’ve put a 55" on the wall in one room and a 43" standing in another. They both feel ‘just right’, despite being really different.
  • The new tv is in place and it’s absolutely glorious.  Need to do a bit of tweaking though now.
  • My TV has developed the same fault it had before Christmas. The arc connection is faulty. We were watching TV, just normal telly through the Virgin box, and the sound completely cuts out with my receiver not getting a signal from the TV. I've reset the TV, power cycled it all etc and doesn't work.

Receiver still works if you plug something into it and send that signal to tv, just not for arc. So call back in with richer sounds for them to try and fix again.... They replaced the whole main board last time so not sure what else they can do. If this doesn't work they'll replace it, apparently.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The lg 48 inch oled is £200 off today only in currys
    PSN - minkymu
  • Use 200tvsave
    PSN - minkymu
  • Apparently Samsung and Sonos have finally spoken to each other and there’s a Samsung TV firmware update coming ‘in March’ to fix the HDMI eARC issues.

I may be the only Badger who cares about this. Dunno. *shrug*
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I care because it could lead to em sorting the LG Apple TV and Arc issue.
  • Every big company seems to operate a deny everything at every opportunity policy so until one of them admits something somewhere then I’m just gonna say it’s a nope on fixing things to a nice simple standard.
  • Lots of videos from the different manufacturers of their new tech in YouTube today as was CES 2021
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @jmw I think you got the Sony XH900? If so you may want to check out this video. Looks like the VRR situation is a bit of a mess. You’ll definitely be able to get either a refund or a discount. Looks like the Sony VRR will not be freesync compatible which means it won’t work with Series X but apparently will with PS5 as they are doing their own implementation. Even if you don’t care about it I’d still get onto Sony Europe and as a minimum get some kind of discount out of them. Personally I think this is a shitty move on Sony’s part.

• Wouldn’t touch a Sony TV at the moment after the above. Different lies in different regions and basically saying what’s advertised on the box can be bypassed by them also printing ‘features can be added or removed at any time’. Unbelievable.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Wouldn’t touch a Sony TV at the moment after the above. Different lies in different regions and basically saying what’s advertised on the box can be bypassed by them also printing ‘features can be added or removed at any time’. Unbelievable.

It’s a great set. I almost bought it myself. Would I have returned it? I’m not sure. If it’s doing everything I want and I don’t care about VRR (outside PS5) then getting an extra discount would probably be enough for me. If I had a Series X I’d be considering a return or refund. I’d definitely be wary of Sony in the future.
  • The TV was advertised as supporting 4K/120Hz but had severe blurring issues acknowledged by Sony which weren’t fixed until firmware version 6.0414 in order to resolve this specific issue. It improved it significantly in most cases, but there are still issues that become more evident with distance/angle of viewing. Then there’s also the advertised then promised ALLM/VRR update which is supposedly due in Spring. However, various customer service chats have led many people to believe the features are no longer coming and the specific references are being removed from promotional material.

Sony committed to these features being enabled by firmware which is still there on some regional sites but has been removed from others where their customer service reps are saying it’s not going to happen.

It may be a great set at the things it does do, but that doesn’t make any of the things it doesn’t but should do or their practice around it ok. For those reasons I wouldn’t be looking at a Sony at the moment when there are other manufacturers making equal and better sets that are at least covering what they say they’re going to provide.

GLkgNH.png

Wouldn’t be going near them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don’t disagree I’d posted to let JMW know about the situation in case he didn’t.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Don’t disagree I’d posted to let JMW know about the situation in case he didn’t.

Oh dude I didn’t mean to be funny if that’s how it came across! Just think they’re getting away with murder with that series. If it’s something that’s hit JMW it might be worth contacting trading standards or something to see if he can get a full refund even if it’s not a massive bother to him and get a new set for his money.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don’t think that at all mate :-)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    @jmw I think you got the Sony XH900? If so you may want to check out this video. Looks like the VRR situation is a bit of a mess. You’ll definitely be able to get either a refund or a discount. Looks like the Sony VRR will not be freesync compatible which means it won’t work with Series X but apparently will with PS5 as they are doing their own implementation. Even if you don’t care about it I’d still get onto Sony Europe and as a minimum get some kind of discount out of them. Personally I think this is a shitty move on Sony’s part.

Ooh, cheers, I’ll look into that. I’m really happy with it generally & with a gaming pc can’t see me ever having more than my PS5 attached but up for a chance of a discount.
  • When I google it, the first hit says vrr and allm are still being added in the next firmware update, statement coming soon so maybe I’ll see what that says.
  • Does seem odd though, to cancel allm which seems to be just an auto-switch to game mode, hardly tricky. Vrr sounds trickier.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!