Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TCL’s are supposed to be great too. The TCL6 in particular but they are only selling their low end stuff in the UK last time I check. Hopefully I’ve got this TV for the next 10 years.
  • Yeah, the 6 series was the TCL bunch I was looking at but seems they're mainly a US market thing.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Djornson's old 1080p set (age unknown)

Panasonic P50G20 :) yes i still remember the model number lol. At least 10 years old. Nice plasma based picture though.
  • I accidentally bought an OLED recently, it’s ace. I’m not divorced yet either.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Evening all. I bought this 58inch philips ambilight and it FINALLY arrived yesterday. I have to say Im super impressed with the image quality. Really deep blacks and rich colours. The HDR/Dolby Vision stuff looks the business too. My old tv (5year old lg 4k) had HDr but it was pants. In Shadow and Bone on Netflix for example I can see so much detail in the Fold (black foggy/mist stuff). PS5 looks super. 
    My only issue is with sound. Im using an LG 300w soundbar/woofer combo over optical. It works, but there is no dedicated optical option, sound just comes through it, but also over the tv speakers and there is a slight delay between the two. If I turn off the tv speakers, the volume level display doesnt show when I adjust volume. So I think I might need to work out a few kinks there.

The ambilight itself is really different, need more time with it to get a proper feel. Price is gone back up to over 700euro now, I got it for 590.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Currys have the 48 inch LG CX oled on sale at £1198 for the bank holiday
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    48 and 55 are the same price on Sevenoaks. With the free headphones still. Not sure if Curry’s are the same.
  • There seems to be a problem with watching anything on the Sky Go app on my Series X. The sound is out of sync. Series X is connected to the TV by HDMI. Soundbar is connected to the TV by HDMI-eARC and set to passthrough.

I can fix it by adjusting the sound sync on the TV settings, but then I need to adjust it back to normal again before doing anything else. Which is a pain.

Anyone else tried the Sky Go app on an SX? Any similar problems?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I haven’t got it on Series X but will install and test later as I’ve got a similar setup to you. You’ve got the Arc haven’t you?
  • Yep. Firmware updates finally sorted all the HDMI-eARC issues between the telly and the Sonos Arc, but now there’s this definite issue with the Sky Go app. Game sound seems fine.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TL;DR - switch to stereo when watching Sky

Yep it’s a definite issue with just the app. Only fix I could do without messing around with delay levels was to switch it to stereo. Now I believe that’s all Sky gives you with Sky Go app anyway.

What I think is happening is that the Xbox doesn’t switch to the default sound profile for the content, unlike say an Apple TV. It is always outputting Atmos or DD once you set it in the UI. I’m guessing there is some processing going on from app to Xbox that is causing a delay.

I tried YouTube which was fine and Disney plus. Note that the Sonos app always showed it as being a Dolby Atmos feed which it obviously is not so I think Microsoft are are getting in their own way here. There’s no point pushing out Atmos is there’s no positional data to go with it.

Ideally the setting should have an auto option that would automatically down mix to the content source.
  • Gotcha. Thanks for testing it Boris.

So whatever happens for now, I have to switch something when I want to watch Sky. Either adjusting the delay to allow for it, or switching the Xbox to stereo output.

Makes sense really, the Sky Go app has always been shoddy. At least it doesn’t crash all the time any more.
  • This might be enough to make me actually get Sky, instead of piggybacking on my Mum’s account. There’s already a dish on the house, and we do watch quite a lot of Sky stuff (which I never expected to do).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No app on your TV I’m assuming?

Edit and yeah I’d say your quick win is to switch to stereo for now.
  • Nah, Sky Go is only available on phones, consoles, etc. They won’t make a TV app because they’d rather you bought a Sky sub and Sky box.

Switching to stereo it is. Cheers!
  • I’ve got sync issues with amazon prime and any live bbc streaming on my new LG. I assume eArc is to blame as my older telly was LG and that was fine.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Does Sky Go do a better job with, in particular, keeping the HBO back catalogue available than Now TV?

I’d consider subscribing if it does, particularly as doing so would no longer be giving Murdoch any money.
  • I don't think you can subscribe to Sky Go on its own. It's a mobile version of your domestic TV package. Now TV is basically the month-to-month version of it.
  • Aye, what Syph said.

Sky Go is an add-on for a full Sky account, intended to let you watch on the go.

Now TV is the nearest match as a stand-alone service.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, I know, I meant I’d consider subscribing to Sky as a whole if there was better access to the back catalogue than Now offers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Nah, Sky Go is only available on phones, consoles, etc. They won’t make a TV app because they’d rather you bought a Sky sub and Sky box.

Switching to stereo it is. Cheers!

Of course. What an idiot lol. I only have it on my iPad and PS5.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah, I know, I meant I’d consider subscribing to Sky as a whole if there was better access to the back catalogue than Now offers.

Can you give me an example of a show you’d like to see, and l check it against my sub.
  • Ha, that’s exactly what I was gonna say.

No idea how it compares to NowTV, because I’ve never used that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Okay, so Game of Thrones is mostly available, but season 7 is, for some reason, only available until the 17th of July.

Veep doesn’t appear to be available at all

Edit: no sign of The Deuce either.
  • Game of Thrones is all there, all eight seasons and lots of extra content. No details of how long it’s staying for.

They only have the current episodes of Veep - two episodes on catchup for this week.

Nothing for The Deuce.
  • But … that’s based on the Sky package of the person whose account I’m sharing. Other packages may include more back catalogue box set stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hmm, thanks. Doesn’t sound like it’s much better. I’ll stick with leeching off my brother’s Now TV.
  • Again, I’ve no idea what’s available on a proper Sky account - this is just what I see via Sky Go, which I think is a restricted subset.
  • poprock wrote:
    Game of Thrones is all there, all eight seasons and lots of extra content. No details of how long it’s staying for. They only have the current episodes of Veep - two episodes on catchup for this week. Nothing for The Deuce.

This isn't entirely true...

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalow is available.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!