CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Cheers Syph! Do i have you on my PSN friends list?
  • I lent mine out as it's one of the few disk games I have and iv been itching to get it back since.
  • Curtis wrote:

Dunno. I’m Syph79 on there.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    Dunno. I’m Syph79 on there.

I just added you.  ;)

Let me know when you have some spare time for jolly coop/invasion etc. 

Thanks in advance!
  • So, picked this up again since it's on PSPlus.

Obviously the player count has dropped off a bit as I'm trying to assist other players as a phantom and it's hard to find a host. Does helping someone beat a boss affect my own world tendency?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes
  • Only 1 boss to beat in Boletaria now. There is a really obvious soul grind present in the latter part of the game, which does show its shortcoming compared to later From game. Despite it's flaws, the idea of an NG+ is tempting, as I'd like to get that World Tendency white for all worlds and the game isn't that daunting.

Thinking back and re-evaluating, I feel silly saying this was still my favourite Souls game!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck me this is an absolute banger innit
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Never got kpnwith PS3 version due to framerwte and all that, too early for my Spuls love but this remake is amazing
  • Mate, this game blew me away. And same re the PS3 version, I played an hour or two back in the day and just drifted away from it. The same thing happened with Dark Souls on 360, and that was me done with souls games. Or so I thought.

After getting my shiny new PS5 I downloaded this and thought I'd load it up to see just how good it looked, two weeks and 40+ hours later I was finishing my first playthrough. Just wonderful. 

'Course, this made me wanna actually try out Elden Ring so I gave that a go on PC... 100+ hours later I'm working my way through Farum Azula and wondering how games can get any better.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's a beautiful story mate. They really are something else.

Took me buying Dark Souls 4 times in total on 360. First three times I just didn't get it, would trade it, then a month or two later something would call me back. Fourth time it just clicked and its been heaven ever since.

Done 1-1, 1-2 and unlocked the shortcut in 2-1 today. Doing magic for the first time ever with a stabby weapon as back up. Loving it.
  • Demons > Dark, trufax
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That's a beautiful story mate. They really are something else. Took me buying Dark Souls 4 times in total on 360. First three times I just didn't get it, would trade it, then a month or two later something would call me back. Fourth time it just clicked and its been heaven ever since. Done 1-1, 1-2 and unlocked the shortcut in 2-1 today. Doing magic for the first time ever with a stabby weapon as back up. Loving it.

Good stuff. I was very tempted to go magic but chickened out and went strength and had fun pancaking everything. Definitely wanna try a mix of magic and melee for my next playthrough though. There was a sword I found early on that'd go great with that playstyle.
  • That's a beautiful story mate. They really are something else.

Took me buying Dark Souls 4 times in total on 360. First three times I just didn't get it, would trade it, then a month or two later something would call me back. Fourth time it just clicked and its been heaven ever since.

Done 1-1, 1-2 and unlocked the shortcut in 2-1 today. Doing magic for the first time ever with a stabby weapon as back up. Loving it.

Went Royal? If so that’s a super solid class for tackling Demons. You’re in for a good time.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah Royal. Got Rapier up to +5. Vowed to do a build I've never done in Souls. Neither magic nor rapiers used before, usually big heavy club smash

Loving it so far.
  • I'm tempted to watch a ps5 playthrough of this to compare to the PS3 version which I'm actually playing through again (this time using the dupe glitch to speed things up) after digging out my old Black Phantom edition disk.

What struck me is how small-scale the bosses seem after Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring. Some of them are basically standard enemies compared to ER. On the other hand, the level design still stands up, and in some cases surpasses later games - there's never been a match for the prison or the shrine of storms.

Character movement has definitely been refined though!

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yeah Royal. Got Rapier up to +5. Vowed to do a build I've never done in Souls. Neither magic nor rapiers used before, usually big heavy club smash

Loving it so far.

Do you still get the crescent falchion in 4:1? The clasic for this build. If you're in world 2, your rapier will make mincemeat of most of the enemies as they're not good with pokey weapons.
    Magic means you'll find Flamelurker a pushover.
  • Yeah Royal. Got Rapier up to +5. Vowed to do a build I've never done in Souls. Neither magic nor rapiers used before, usually big heavy club smash

Loving it so far.

Do you still get the crescent falchion in 4:1? The clasic for this build. If you're in world 2, your rapier will make mincemeat of most of the enemies as they're not good with pokey weapons.
    Magic means you'll find Flamelurker a pushover.

Yeah, it’s still there, so you can make the cheeky dash.
  • I'm not usually one to ask for help on this and sound like a wuss, but is anyone available to invade my game and get killed - eg with a red eye stone?

I messed up character tendency (didn't realise that winning as old monk would knock me so far into the black) and can't face farming black phantoms in ng+...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!