Star Wars Squadrons: Porkins Bazaar
  • FranticPea wrote:
    So are we flying toneet or what?
    Yeah.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Didn’t realise they’re not planning any DLC for this post launch
  • Got this last night.
    Played using my PS4 pad and it was an unplayable mess.
    Prompts referred to 'button 1' and button 12' so had to figure out which button they were telling me to use.
    The throttle wasn't mapped at all.
    I think the software saw my PS4 pad as a flightstick.
    Tried again today with my xbox pad and it's a different game.
    Everything mapped out in a logical place and prompts using the correct button identification.

Playing on my quest for the beat experience.
    Used my link cable since it's sitting but the cable still annoyed me.
    Will wait till I get my quest 2 next week and try wireless 90Hz and see how much it improves.

It's a standard space shooter but the atmosphere just blows me away. Star wars is good again!
    You rang.....
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Lurch666 wrote:
    Playing on my quest for the beat experience.
    Over-sharing there a little.

Definitely nailed the atmosphere in cockpit. The dog fighting is exhilarating, but just pootling about the massive ships leaning my head toward a window is where the kid in me gets giddy.

ecsvQSq.gif

Up for tonight, how's 9pm sound?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Fuck me the fleet battle is a cunt. Can't even win the ai one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How far are you in the story Matty? As I was the same until the story taught me the mechanics of the various systems to target, and also that you won't continue to damage already visibly damaged surface areas of the Star Destroyer. You have to focus on other parts that haven't taken much damage.

The story really is a long tutorial for fleet battles
  • Hmm think I'm on mission 7 or so?

I did the training mission for fleet battle on the mp menu which is obviously a piece of piss, then you do the vs ai one and it's nails.

Trying to damage the star destroyer is a fucker
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, the tutorial doesn't even tell you the important stuff lol.

If you hold LT you can specify to target capitol ships systems so that when you press A it cycles between them. There's left and right shield generators (the globes above the bridge), targeting systems and....summat else I forget.

Also as I mentioned, you need to attack the parts that aren't already damaged to do any further damage.

Fleet battles has the potential of being absolutely brilliant as you all co-ordinate to attack the generators etc as someone else covers your back. It's just never gonna happen with randoms and then will just become a free for all.
  • Ahhh cheers for that.

Have you messed about with loadouts at all?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    A little but I haven't played much MP yet.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    We're all going to die.
  • Good tips, but a clickbait title because basically all of those things are covered in the tutorial mission, and the Fleet Battles tutorial. 

I think I might refund my copy if Epic let me cos... well I just don't really have anyone to play it with and I am enjoying other things too much. 

A shame, but... so it goes. Money's tight.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Tempy, you can play with us once we work out how ;)

Tried to hook up with Pea but friends matchmaking seems to be having a malfunction. Speaking of which...it's now 1:33am and been trying in the fleet battle training mission to down a Star Destroyer. Got the big fella's health to almost zero nearly every run, however it failed to blow (and I tried really hard for over three hours) but eventually gave up for my sanity's sake.

Turns out there's a bug - if you die once the glitch kicks in and you're nobbled. NOOOOOooo...

Got to pull off some slick moves though, now I'm a flying death machine.
  • Haha yeah had the same issue! Was going for a while and then realised it was fucked so had to exit and try again
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Haha yeah had the same issue! Was going for a while and then realised it was fucked so had to exit and try again

Same here.  On a couple of levels unfortunately. Lots of flying around wondering what I've missed, only to restart and discover one event or another hadn't triggered...
  • You've all learned a lesson, don't be shit and die.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    You've all learned a lesson, don't be shit and die.

Last time it happened I hadn't died.  I think it just sulked because I hadn't shot down enough enemy missiles.

(So, I was still shit though...)
  • Who’s got a 3D printer ? This is amazing.

• Just played this for about three hours of fleet battles.
    It’s been niggling at me since release but I thought of give it a fair shake of the stick... I just don’t like it.
    Don’t really know why.
  • Double post
  • I have a 3d printer!
    That looks an easy print as well but will still cost 15 to 20 quid in material plus power.
    If there is an xbox version I may try it when I get this.
  • That’s very clever but there’s no yaw?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Patch Notes

Above is a list of the fixes going into the 1.1 Release note, this one is particularly welcome:

'Fixed an issue where the Fleet Battles Tutorial could become incompletable if the player’s starfighter was destroyed at certain points during the exercise'

26HNH2M.gif

Plus this shameless gif of a full scale Mc80 flyby in VR (Quest).

• My yaw is fucked with the index. It drops the fps massively yet it's fine with rolling. It's making the game unplayable and I'll need a patch before jumping in. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a problem on day 1.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Still no fix. Boo.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I've been on holiday for a week so no Xbox, but planning on finishing the campaign off on this one this week or so.

Anyone still play it? Or has it fallen off already?
  • I'm over halfway on the campaign and enjoying every minute of it. I'll jump on multiplayer once the story is finished. Gotta get me a stick to go with the vr setup.
  • Not put much time into it but what little I’ve played I enjoyed. Had a mare the other night trying to do the ‘drift’, was attempting it before the second prompt...impatient moron.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Not put much time into it but what little I’ve played I enjoyed. Had a mare the other night trying to do the ‘drift’, was attempting it before the second prompt...impatient moron.

Haha I had the same thing, except it had bugged and the second prompt never showed. So I was trying it but it wouldn't trigger. Had to redo the whole mission

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!