b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You both in VR?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Gotta say I’ve really enjoyed my 2 hours with this, once I’ve got used to the controls- ideal for £26

I instantly remapped those.
    No inverted flight as default!?
    Throttle and roll in the left stick, pitch and yaw on the right.
    I will have to have a proper hunt through the mapping options because I’d like a set throttle to X binding. The one issue with having roll and throttle on the left stick is powering up and down by accident in the heat of manoeuvres.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You both in VR?

I’m not. Don’t have a pc capable.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    You both in VR?

I’m not. Don’t have a pc capable.

I have PSVR but I don’t want it full of puke.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Definitely invert pitch. But would it not make sense to have yaw with throttle? If possible. Yaw is usually less of an aggressive move compared to roll.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Definitely invert pitch. But would it not make sense to have yaw with throttle? If possible. Yaw is usually less of an aggressive move compared to roll.
    I don’t like pitch and roll on the same stick. I think it feels like a weird mini joystick and you have a giants hand.
    I think my weird preference stems from a very old Bad Company chopper sticks setup that has nestled into muscle memory and now I can’t shake it.
  • VR HOTAS setup and it's great. The cockpits are tiny! It requires plenty of fiddling though to map all the buttons just right and get it smooth @ 90hz. It really needs a beefy card on PC.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Had a hissy fit waiting for CDKeys and bought it on the store. Have requested a refund and seconds later the code arrived. If anyone wants a download code for £29 I won’t bother going through with the refund. Xbox One version.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So just did the first two missions. Well one and a half as I died on the second one. Good news. No motion sickness at all. I think the cockpits do a great job of placing you in the VR world.

This is basically as close as we’ll get to X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and it’s pretty bloody amazing. Especially for £27.

I think this would be much easier on a flat screen as chasing down loads of ties can be a bit disorienting when you are looping every which way and trying to look out your left and right windows. But this really does fulfil that childhood dream of sitting in an X-Wing.

The only negative I have is the Quest is a bit uncomfortable and putting pressure on my face has left me with a bit of a headache. Can’t see me playing it for extended periods of time with my current headset.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Had a hissy fit waiting for CDKeys and bought it on the store. Have requested a refund and seconds later the code arrived. If anyone wants a download code for £29 I won’t bother going through with the refund. Xbox One version.

Yeah fuck it I'll take it Beresford. Pm me your details and I'll send you the cash
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • They've actually taken a lot of control ideas from ED which is no bad thing. It's not as immersive as ED though, the sense of presence isn't quite there. It's fun as hell though.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Had a hissy fit waiting for CDKeys and bought it on the store. Have requested a refund and seconds later the code arrived. If anyone wants a download code for £29 I won’t bother going through with the refund. Xbox One version.

Yeah fuck it I'll take it Beresford. Pm me your details and I'll send you the cash

Awesome, chucked you the code so put it in and if all is cool I’ll chuck you the deets. I’ll trust you....
  • WTESjwc.png

*deletes forum account and runs*
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What the shit is this fleet battles shite? All the reviews are raving about it, so I just put the 'tutorial' on.

It tells me to shoot enemy ships, which I do, then take on the capital ships, which I do, and then nothing. I assume I'm supposed to destroy Star Destroyer next, but it isn't prompting me to.

I attacked the Star Destroyer for around 45 minutes but had no idea if I was doing anything to it, as there's no damage indicator. It looked like it was getting damaged, but surely after 45 minutes of the same strafing run it should have exploded? Ended up turning it off bored out of my mind.
  • May the farce be with you...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've just watched a video of somebody else doing the exact same tutorial and it talked them through everything.

My game am borked.
  • You got the free loaders edition.
  • Maybe you accidentally selected the option to be guided by the Force.
  • Not enough midi chlorians
    PSN - minkymu
  • I played a bit of this last night on PSVR (just the prologue and first mission).

From a VR point of view I thought it was a slightly mixed bag. Firstly, and most importantly, I Did Not Vomit.  This is quite an achievement as VR tends to make me hurl unless I'm playing something where you're entirely fixed in space, or its on fixed rails. (Sometimes even then.)  I was genuinely impressed, with only the slightest bit of nausea when I started doing insane barrel rolls for no particular reason (which, let's face it, I would definitely have in reality too). I suspect the compact cockpits have something to do with it.

Equally the VR certainly adds to the experience, particularly in the X-Wing where you can easily peer out the sides of the ship or, if you're me, regularly turn round to say hello to your droid. Spotting an enemy fighter by looking over your shoulder, then swinging round to get them - rather than relying on your scanners - is really satisfying.

Where it falls down - and this is a problem I suspect is exclusive to PSVR, is that the visual fidelity isn't that great.  Stuff looks fine close up, but those little TIEs in the distance? Not so much.  It's still fun, but a lot of the time I felt I was hunting down blurs rather than enemy fighters. 

Still, so far, I'm having fun with it - even if I suck (online multiplayer, when I get to it, will likely be a car crash).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pretty good summary and tbh the Quest isn’t much better with those Tie’s in the distance. I too also suck so expect to get my ass handed to me when I eventually get online.
  • I turn the supersampling up and it helps loads.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The lack of comfort is making me consider a different headset but I think I’m gonna wait until the next gen of PC headsets.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I just sat and gawped at this hanger for around 5 minutes. Worth the money.
    uAj2l5A.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a great opener :-)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Binned the flight stick and throttle because what a ball ache setting that up each time then trying to remember the unfamiliar button positions.

This is right up my beggars canyon though. Bloody loving every second and can't stop thinking about playing it again.

PC + WIRELESS QUEST + XBOX PAD = 42

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pad worked well for me. I’m just debating about switching yaw and roll sticks.
  • Do it.
    And your journey to the dark side will be complete.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Really enjoying the SP but having finally got that Fleet Battle tutorial to work I fail to see how playing it online vs others will be anything but garbage.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!