The July 2020 Xbox Games Showcase of Only Games, For Gamers
  • Yep, pretty meh overall. The "optimised for series X" sales line annoys.

Like, mate, I'd fucking hope so!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The xbox cgi showcase sure delivered.
  • POST SHOW...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Buzzing for fable though. PG are some talented folks.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    So basically what I can take away from this summer of next-gen shenanigans is that both Sony and Microsoft have completely failed to sell me on why i should spend a fucktonne of money on their new consoles.

*shrug*

Aye, but one has new Fable so....
  • As there won’t be any SeX exclusives, I’ll just stick to my BoneX.

PS5... not sure either. Will get that before SeX as I have big PS4 backlog, but no reason for me to upgrade unless I find a reasonably priced 4K monitor for gaming room.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So get a pc.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    So basically what I can take away from this summer of next-gen shenanigans is that both Sony and Microsoft have completely failed to sell me on why i should spend a fucktonne of money on their new consoles. *shrug*
    Aye, but one has new Fable so....
    Not a big fan tbh. Enjoyed the first one. Bounced off the rest.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Its wild when that ratchet demo showed more next gen promise than anything Microsoft showed, including halo. I'll keep my pc gamepass because I'd be a fool not to, but that doesn't look great for them
  • g.man wrote:
    So basically what I can take away from this summer of next-gen shenanigans is that both Sony and Microsoft have completely failed to sell me on why i should spend a fucktonne of money on their new consoles.

*shrug*

That is about where I am at.
  • Where the fuck is the new Ueda game I swear to god!
  • Yep I was underwhelmed graphically by everything other than Everwild and Sable which was more to do with the art direction rather than any shinies.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    As there won’t be any SeX exclusives, I’ll just stick to my BoneX. PS5... not sure either. Will get that before SeX as I have big PS4 backlog, but no reason for me to upgrade unless I find a reasonably priced 4K monitor for gaming room.

Yeah this is the problem with MS's strategy here, not a whole lot of incentive to upgrade other than possibly having new games compromised by old hardware.

There was far too much pre-rendered stuff shown, not nearly enough gameplay. I feel like they could have extended it out an extra quarter/half an hour too, just to allow them to get a bit more information out there about each game.
  • Where the fuck is the new Ueda game I swear to god!
    WHY HAS OUR LORD FORSAKEN US???
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Microsoft should moneyhat a localised version of Dragon Quest X, that would get me to buy an Xbox.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Right...it was mostly awful.  Barely any gameplay yet again.  Halo looked like a current gen game.  But I got two things I wanted: new Fable is real and it’s a way off yet so won’t be held back by having to run on the bone.  And there’s Obsidian’s first person RPG.  Will be all over that, and that too is a way off.  Excellent!  Happy to wait for those and it means I can put off buying the console for a couple of years.
    Get schwifty.
  • g.man wrote:
    Where the fuck is the new Ueda game I swear to god!
    WHY HAS OUR LORD FORSAKEN US???

Patience is a virtue. When it lands, it will be another GoaT.
  • Eric wrote:
    Yep I was underwhelmed graphically by everything other than Everwild and Sable which was more to do with the art direction rather than any shinies.

I missed Sable, was that in the main show?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So get a pc.

Me? I have one. It manages Word and Excel and Outlook perfectly well thanks.
  • There was far too much pre-rendered stuff shown, not nearly enough gameplay. I feel like they could have extended it out an extra quarter/half an hour too, just to allow them to get a bit more information out there about each game.

Thing is - they didn’t even lean on their big hitters. Like the Hellblade 2 section was just to say their location?

Sony didn’t have a perfect show - but they showed spiderman, they showed horizon, they showed Gran Turismo, they showed Ratchet. Their show would have been much worse if it was an Insomniac head just saying “hey, were making Spider-Man”.

Microsoft have this problem at E3, too. They spend a lot of time taking about how awesome and powerful their console is and how games will leverage that power ONLY ON XBOX.

Sony just...show games.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    Yep I was underwhelmed graphically by everything other than Everwild and Sable which was more to do with the art direction rather than any shinies.

Pre-show quick snippet in a sizzle reel.
  • Gutted that there was no Flight Simulator, honestly I think that could have been a really impressive trailer for many, the entire 1:1 world rendered beautifully with realtime weather and air traffic that you can fly all over with your friends. It looks genuinely and impressively like a next-gen thing too...

• Sony had their fair share of shit in their show.
    About 20 minutes was those particle rendered stings.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Eric wrote:

No it was a teaser in the preshow

Edit:

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • There was far too much pre-rendered stuff shown, not nearly enough gameplay. I feel like they could have extended it out an extra quarter/half an hour too, just to allow them to get a bit more information out there about each game.
    Thing is - they didn’t even lean on their big hitters. Like the Hellblade 2 section was just to say their location? Sony didn’t have a perfect show - but they showed spiderman, they showed horizon, they showed Gran Turismo, they showed Ratchet. Their show would have been much worse if it was an Insomniac head just saying “hey, were making Spider-Man”. Microsoft have this problem at E3, too. They spend a lot of time taking about how awesome and powerful their console is and how games will leverage that power ONLY ON XBOX. Sony just...show games.

Yeah, even if they have to have big "EARLY DEVELOPMENT FOOTAGE" disclaimers on things I think we would all appreciate something. Even just a short glimpse at some real gameplay.
  • There was some nice Forza Motorsport footage over on Twitter. Featured some bloke called Ray Tracey.

I’m back from my haircut. Did I miss much?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Balan Wonderworld has also been announced for Switch.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Balan Wonderworld has also been announced for Switch.

And PS5.
  • When they summed them all up at the end it looked good to me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!