The July 2020 Xbox Games Showcase of Only Games, For Gamers
  • I've thought about it. Definitely going Day 1. Oo-rah!
  • Fuq i thought this was tomorrow
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I am also excited for Hejo.

Cinty won the thread early, I see.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Grank the Time Sweeper
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Grank the Time Sweeper

Post 666 too. You've done it now boyo
  • Actually it would be pretty nice to play Halo. Is this the real OG chief voice actor? It seemed off. Grafx look a bit basic, but colourful. Suggests big scope open world?
  • Halos dead. Has been dince 3 dropped. Odst was ok as was reach. 4 was interesting for 1hr. Ive never finished 5.

Going back and rehashing the first game experience but bigger? Hmmmmmmm
    PSN - minkymu
  • Still, this is some lineup. Xbox might be in the lead for me rn. Almost no kiddy games as well.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So Dragon Quest XI S for Xbox, PS4 and PC is actually a port direct from the Switch version and so uses the Switch assets instead of the assets from the PS4 and PC versions.

??????????????
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Still, this is some lineup. Xbox might be in the lead for me rn. Almost no kiddy games as well.

Real console for real men - videogamer 2014 would be proud.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    So I heard right that everything shown was on Game Pass? Blimey.

That sub is going up soon, I'm telling you.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    7v6vS1C.jpg
    pDHAac3.jpg

I mean..

Amazingly, if you watch the footage in 4k it looks a bit better than this screenshot.
  • Everyone: I wish they'd just get things to play at 60 frames per second! It doesn't have to be all about the shinies.

Halo comes out locked at 60 frames per second.

Everyone: Waaaah it doesn't look nice enough!

The grapple is going to bring back pure unadulterated Halol. G grappling plasma cores and throwing them into the back of Frantic's head. Meanwhile, Paul is waiting patiently on the top of a Death Hog, rockets in hand, refusing to drive the fucking thing.

EDIT: That's not a pop at you, Gav.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Must admit I thought the grapple might he a bit of a gimmick, but now the use of it for traversal in a more open world if your warthog has been blown up (by g probably) makes sense.

• What does this button do?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g turns his Xbox off.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Timed exclusives need to fuck off.
  • Actually it would be pretty nice to play Halo. Is this the real OG chief voice actor? It seemed off. Grafx look a bit basic, but colourful. Suggests big scope open world?

Yeah, seemed off to me too. Glad I’m not the only one who thought that!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EDIT: That's not a pop at you, Gav.

Hahah, all good boss. I'm absolutely at it with my post there.
  • Actually, that was not a bad showing. Typical x-gen stuff tho', not bleeding edge.
    Halo looked surprisingly competent as did Forza. Psychonauts looked great too.

As predicted MS is going all in with Gamepass as the Netflix of videogames. Sony's gonna have a hard time countering that strategy with psn.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Cheeky Microsoft going hard with solid looking actual gameplay with Halo and then not having any other gameplay the whole time...
    Surely Forza is in a state to show race footage like the GT trailer.

Feels like that didn't adjust their plan at all after the ps showing.

Personally I'm more excited about seeing what bespoke games made for one platform can do like with Ratchet but I do like Microsoft seemingly aiming for 4k60 as much as possible. Even though they won't ever be able to fully exploit the power they put in the console if all their games have to run on PC too. It kind of turns the console into a pre-built PC with lower specs than what you can get if you mbuild one yourself. Is this the SteamPC we've all been waiting for?

But geez the lack of gameplay and the amount of prerendered trailers was a disappointment. The Remedy Crossfire thing could be sweet though, looks like they're going for Control levels of visual effects in the action.
  • Well watched the presentation back on my 55 imch 4k samsung via my one s and it certainly looked nicer.

Nothing wowed me though. Theres no run out and buy the console day 1 games there. Halo was just Halo. They missed a xhance with Forza gameplay. The rest was meh.

I mean Destiny 2? Really.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Had a look
    On kotaku at everything announced and nothing interests me as they say in these parts
    The Forum Herald™
  • I didn’t realise halo infinite is going to be halo being destiny 2. All the games will be in the shell of halo infinite.

You can probably assume that Forza will be like that too.
  • No Battletoads, Tunic or Cuphead dlc update suggests the main things I'm looking forward to might be reserved for an upcoming 'indie' showcase of sorts.

Rewatched the Halo footage and it looks right to me.  Split screen co-op at launch re-confirmed, so it's looking like the franchise is back for me.  I suppose it's fanciful to hope for a 60fps (solo) campaign on existing consoles, but I'll dare to dream.
  • I didn’t realise halo infinite is going to be halo being destiny 2. All the games will be in the shell of halo infinite.

What does this mean pls?  Haven't played Destiny so not quite sure about the format (assumed it was a sort of Phantasy Star Online in FPS form where you get teams together to tackle stages/missions)
  • Three things from all that.
    1.  The Medium looked like a good idea.
    B.  I didn’t realise Master Chief ever spoke and certainly didn’t realise he was Optimus Prime.
    3.  That’s a lot of games to give out on GP.  Amazing value but surely that £1 offer and the (presumably) loss leading launch of an exceptionally expensive looking console has got to be taking it’s toll somewhere?
  • Saying that MS’s next gen strategy is clearly to try and starve Sony out.  They have the biggest pile of money  to live off whilst they throw sack after sack of cash at the thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!