Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think I'll save up for 3080 graphics card and kill two gens and four consoles with one stone.
  • Me thinks someone didn't copyroof the image properly.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm frankly amazed that both companies have now showed their hand for the next-gen, and it turns out that the obvious thing for me to do is... to buy neither machine, and just keep playing on my XBox OneX and PS4Pro. What a time to be alive!

My initial enthusiasm and wanking over FF and Demons has come to an end. I may do the same. Have a huge backlog to get through as it is.

But... but... new hardware!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm frankly amazed that both companies have now showed their hand for the next-gen, and it turns out that the obvious thing for me to do is... to buy neither machine, and just keep playing on my XBox OneX and PS4Pro. What a time to be alive!
    And wait for something truly next gen to blow me away. 
    Yup.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • MS appear to be trying to kill the whole generational cycle and so far it is working.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bill Gates wants to vaccinate console owners.
  • Kow wrote:
    Bill Gates wants to vaccinate console owners.
    Just wait until you tether the console to your new 5G phone and it sprays you with coronavirus then goes thermonuclear.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My gut says get a decent PC.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm frankly amazed that both companies have now showed their hand for the next-gen, and it turns out that the obvious thing for me to do is... to buy neither machine, and just keep playing on my XBox OneX and PS4Pro.
    What a time to be alive!

Sucks doesn't it. So glad I impulse bought a gaming laptop. That's me done for 2 years probably
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Watched it a bit late. But underwhelmed? Spidey looked good but I've not even played the first one, FF looked years away, Demons didn't have a date, and the PS4 collection I already own like all of.

But I'm sure there'll be good shit later, and I doubt the price will drop that much, so still kinda tempted. £90 to play disc games is a tricky choice, plausible I could save that much over the length of owning it, and makes BC a lot easier, but it's quite a difference...

Deathloop seems interesting. Another GoW yes please. But what about a Series X?? Hmm hmm hmmm I am still undecided.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    But I thought Sony believed in generations?!

I want to believe!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Y'all a bunch of moaning old jaded bastards. Just buy the new shiny machine and have one game to play on it like we did when we were young. I had a demo disc with Toshinden and Streetfighter the Movie for a week when I bought (and was made broke by) the PS One at launch.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    From the blog...

Games like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, and Demon’s Souls will launch alongside the console. Our own Worldwide Studios titles will be priced from US$49.99 to US$69.99 (RRP) on PS5.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Smart motherfuckers win!
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm frankly amazed that both companies have now showed their hand for the next-gen, and it turns out that the obvious thing for me to do is... to buy neither machine, and just keep playing on my XBox OneX and PS4Pro.
    What a time to be alive!

In fairness it’s the Xbox One and PS4 playbook.
  • Never bought a console day 1.
    Never regretted not doing so.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Never bought a console day 1.
    Never regretted not doing so.

Closest for me was 360. First day I got it, i gave away files to two edge forumites who were at UCL. I can't remember who. Like, seven lever arch files.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Pre-orders are up at Game apparently.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers ERE

Their account system seems to be down. Just checked out as a guest. Last time I shopped there was when I got an OG PS4 so not really gonna miss the points.

Digital preordered.
  • Well that was underwhelming. So weird seeing a prettified, western-aestheticised Demon's being hyped as this big launch game deal when they passed on even publishing the thing outside of japan originally; plus the bombast is so not Demon's Souls.

Disappointing about Horizon and others being cross-gen and therefore held back despite media blurbs to the contrary suggesting gen leaps being so important... but quel surprise.
  • The Demons Souls showing somehow made it seem nothing like Demons Souls, which was probably not what the devs were going for. It looked great, but then games remade usually do.

It ain't enough for me to take the plunge on release day that's for sure. Not much else there to comment on.
  • Smyths have preorders up too but games are seventy fucking pounds!!! Come on.

£350 gets you an X and a year of gamepass ...or four PS5 games.

However controller is £50 which is reasonable given how advanced they have said it is.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Do you mean it gets you an S? Because an X is the same price as a PS5.
  • Yes I did!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Am I the only one that is kinda happy with what both MS and Sony are offering?

Like, I’m not frothing at the mouth, but...both seem ok for launch and 2021.

Thinking PS5 and a Series S.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Well, whenever I mention gamepass to B he starts frothing at the mouth, and not in a good way. I don't really want to listen to his speech again about why he thinks it's stupid.

So while the S looks good and the X sounds like some good hardware, I'll probably stick with pc for as long as possible. Got a new one this year anyway.

PS5 will have more interesting titles for me in the long run, but it's not wanting me to go through the pain of pre ordering. I'll get that as soon as I can choose "pick up in store" on the Best Buy website. I need to beat Bloodborne first anyway, as it looks like Demon's Souls is the most interesting at launch.
  • Yeah, wouldn’t be plumping for the S if I had a good gaming PC. But as a cheap 1440p Gamepass machine I think it’s a good offering.

I’m also sceptical of Gamepass, but I’ll still have a PS5 for Sony’s first party output and inevitable Japanese exclusives.
  • Basically, I feel really well catered for re. next gen machines and price points.

I’m happy with all this.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B is also sceptical about the design of the PS5, so I think I'm losing either way.

Probably need to invest in good noise cancelling headphones before I'm gonna buy new machines.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Shit - thought I'd get up early to snag a pre-order.....didn't realise they would go live literally as soon as the 17th started :-(

All gone now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!