regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm currently playing Mario Sunshine because I cleared the other two on the cart and 3D World isn't out for a while.

Ricco Harbour might be one of the most hateful locations every committed to a Mario game. The thin catwalks, the gusts of cloud to blow you off so you begin your slow ascent again.
    It's a horrible little level and I want to know how it got through Q&A under the auspices of fun.

And then you pull a squad's writhing tentacles out. Twice.
  • Reg from memory the whole game sucks
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I think that's where I packed it in.

I fucking hate water levels.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The whole game is a fucking water level. My ex-wife was obsessed with it and I think it’s the only game she ever completed.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm currently playing Mario Sunshine because I cleared the other two on the cart and 3D World isn't out for a while.

Ricco Harbour might be one of the most hateful locations every committed to a Mario game. The thin catwalks, the gusts of cloud to blow you off so you begin your slow ascent again.
    It's a horrible little level and I want to know how it got through Q&A under the auspices of fun.

And then you pull a squad's writhing tentacles out. Twice.

As ever, QA undoubtedly raised this and it was waived by some wanker producer.
  • I will fight every battle for QA :flex:
  • Producers have a hard time too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The cleaning thing didn't do it for me either.  I remember wondering what the fuss was with de Blob too and it's painting gameplay which was really the same thing. Bloody tedious.

My heart sank in Banjo Kazooie when world 2 was a dockside setting. That was the end of that for me too.

I didn't mind the Mario64 and Mario Galaxy levels though.
  • Dire Dire Docks tho lads.

(I've never played Sunshine)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have now cleared it of all the things there are to do so it is onto the Theme Park one which is marginally better except the hellscape that is the roller coaster
  • davyK wrote:
    The cleaning thing didn't do it for me either.  I remember wondering what the fuss was with de Blob too and it's painting gameplay which was really the same thing. Bloody tedious.

My heart sank in Banjo Kazooie when world 2 was a dockside setting. That was the end of that for me too.

I didn't mind the Mario64 and Mario Galaxy levels though.
    deBlob 2 was brilliant though
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was de Blob 2 good? I had it and it languished in my pile of shame.....
  • Bits in games where you need to mash the button REALLY fast in a QTE. Im shit at doing that and its simply not fun.

This was done quite well in A Way Out when it had you doing it versus the other player you were co-oping with. The cramping was real but I wasn't gonna give up!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've been doing Sunshine via 3D All Stars, as it's probably the only 3D Mario I haven't completed.

I think it's bugged to the point of being incompletable. I'm at a point where Shadow Mario is meant to turn up and trigger the next bit of story progression, but he isn't. The game keeps zooming in on a particular level when I return to the harbour, but I've 100%ed that one.

I second what Reg said. Who the fuck at Nintendo thought that a series of 'mess up once and you have to do it all again' platforming sequences would be improved by those cloud cunts who blow you off narrow ledges?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    As well as check points after cutscenes, I think all games need a 'previously on' feature. There should always be a quick plot summary up to where you've got to in the menus somewhere. I had to dig out a guide for the Luigi's Mansion remake on 3DS recently because I'd been distracted by Doom Eternal and could not remember for the life of me what I was currently doing.

Unlike LM 2 and 3 where E. Gadd will not shut the fuck up about what he thinks you should be doing right now, in the original he's the exact opposite.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I dont know how common this is in general, but there was an early mission in GTA V where you had to drive AND shoot at a guy on a boat (which was on a trailer). The controls made it fuckky hard. Hated that bit.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I dont know how common this is in general, but there was an early mission in GTA V where you had to drive AND shoot at a guy on a boat (which was on a trailer). The controls made it fuckky hard. Hated that bit.
    I found that one hard at launch but easy the two times I have done it since.
    I'm not sure if they patched it or I was missing something first time.

• LivDiv wrote:
    I dont know how common this is in general, but there was an early mission in GTA V where you had to drive AND shoot at a guy on a boat (which was on a trailer). The controls made it fuckky hard. Hated that bit.
    I found that one hard at launch but easy the two times I have done it since. I'm not sure if they patched it or I was missing something first time.
    Yeah Ive found it awful difficult, not tried in a long time though.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Completed the Sand Bird in Sunshine on my second go with all blue coins today.

Either my Fucking Hating That Bit was ramped up with time passing or they made it easier on the 3D All Stars collection.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some (actually all but one) of the boss fights in Monkey Ball Banana Blitz are exercises in frustration.  Too much randomness that can result in life loss etc. Annoying as fuck and almost break the game.

R* games have always had shit controls - it's why I don't bother with them any more.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Table Tennis had great controls.
  • Terrible front end though. I bought that for multiplayer and you started off with two characters iirc. Waste of money in the end because I never fancied playing he AI, it did seem like a good game though.

R* games have always had shit controls - it's why I don't bother with them any more.
    Yes indeed went back to gta v on last gen (it debuted on ps3 right?) and its virtually unplayable. As is RDR2 I mean who thought it was a good idea to have fifteen billion different Button combos just to ride a horse ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Probably the same one who came up with the aim down sights controls for MGS 4.
  • The other day I played that Breakdown game that is currently on GwG.
    Now that has terrible and bizarre controls.

It is worth downloading to see just how far we have come.
  • Collectables in games like Uncharted. What is it actually adding to have some random vase or whatever? Who gives a fuck about them? Beyond it just being a trophy to get.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah, I'm not a fan of thinking I've found the right way to go when in fact I've blundered into a worthless collectible dead end.
  • I hate when a button skips a cutscene without a warning/double press, because I have a weird button-tourettes that means I have to try the button to see if skips or not. With a warning I'm like ok, that'll skip if I press again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Collectables in games like Uncharted. What is it actually adding to have some random vase or whatever? Who gives a fuck about them? Beyond it just being a trophy to get.

Yes. YES.

I have a penchant for collecting things in an open world game, but in one where when you go past it , it's gone really does my head in. I think the first time I got frustrated with it was the flasks in Alan Wake.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!