The 3DS Thread
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Could do a joint purchase of some sort, Elf? Or I'll look in cex and will happily pass on if I can find it sensibly priced....

Pass on is prferable. Not sure when I’ll get to play.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I want BotW and Metroid Samus Returns as Selects. But they're never there. Woe is me.

We might see Samus Returns, but I doubt we'll get Switch titles going Selects for a while. Especially when titles like BotW is still selling just fine at full RRP.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Samus Returns was great. I'm waiting for a Pilotwings Resort digital discount. It's the only physical game I have for the 3DS. It's still rocking the eshop at £39.99!

Every time someone mentions Samus Returns, you pop by to say its great.

Youre the one who snagged me a copy of the ltd edition box and its only right that I should confirm it is indeed a wonderful game; one of the best on 3DS.

Also I notice @Nina started FE Awakening last week again. I restarted FE Fates a few days ago (normal: classic) and plan to go through the three story paths.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I want BotW and Metroid Samus Returns as Selects. But they're never there. Woe is me.
    We might see Samus Returns, but I doubt we'll get Switch titles going Selects for a while. Especially when titles like BotW is still selling just fine at full RRP.

He means Wii U as he doesn't have a Switch.  I got there in the end, but he didn't make it easy.
  • Vela wrote:
    Samus Returns was great. I'm waiting for a Pilotwings Resort digital discount. It's the only physical game I have for the 3DS. It's still rocking the eshop at £39.99!

Every time someone mentions Samus Returns, you pop by to say its great.

Youre the one who snagged me a copy of the ltd edition box and its only right that I should confirm it is indeed a wonderful game; one of the best on 3DS.

Also I notice @Nina started FE Awakening last week again. I restarted FE Fates a few days ago (normal: classic) and plan to go through the three story paths.

I went back to Fates last week whilst waiting for Wargroove to drop. Remembered why I stopped playing, couldn’t get through chapter 13 without losing at least one person. I’m gonna beef up the two weak links and try again later.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Fates was a bit of a slog at times, I think they got a bit carried away.  Worth playing, but Awakening is the series highlight (this is coming from someone who's only played three entries though).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Shopto have posted my copy of Etrian Odyssey Nexus. Get in.
    Mine’s been posted too.  Meet back here tomorrow for a “It’s here!” high five.

"Tomorrow" was probably optimistic, but...

Dyo1H7SWoAAOLPY.jpg

o/
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • awakening is better than fates but they're both good. Almost impossible to not lose someone in parts of awakening.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Awakening got a bit easy if you did all the side quests and breeding and stuff. My second generation guys were absolutely brutal. Last few missions were a bit of a cake walk.
  • Vela wrote:
    Samus Returns was great. I'm waiting for a Pilotwings Resort digital discount. It's the only physical game I have for the 3DS. It's still rocking the eshop at £39.99!
    Every time someone mentions Samus Returns, you pop by to say its great. Youre the one who snagged me a copy of the ltd edition box and its only right that I should confirm it is indeed a wonderful game; one of the best on 3DS.

Haha, at least I'm not alone.

It's one of those typical late games in a systems life that gets overlooked. That's happening with a lot off 3DS stuff now unfortunately.

The recent sales forecasts and sales figures from Nintendo's quarterly earnings show its not got long left now :-( one of Nintendo's best systems imo.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Shopto have posted my copy of Etrian Odyssey Nexus. Get in.
    Mine’s been posted too.  Meet back here tomorrow for a “It’s here!” high five.

"Tomorrow" was probably optimistic, but...

Dyo1H7SWoAAOLPY.jpg

o/

Huzzah! Mine was delivered yesterday, but I’m working away from home so won’t get my mitts on it until Thursday. But...in the meantime I picked up an old save of Persona Q and now I don’t know if I can tear myself away from that to start Nexus. Long live the 3DS, I say.

Oh, and \o
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Long live the 3DS, I say.

Oh, and \o

#3DSforever

Race you to the end of Nexus. ;)

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Vela I'm still on my first playthrough of that game, started a couple years ago... First time I got stuck in chapter 6, left it alone for years.

Picked it up last year again and having a lot of fun with it. I'm aiming to complete it this month, to have some time between this and Switch FE. Just did chapter 20 last night, and had a look at the intro for 21, some nice cutscenes there. Do the gba versions have those as well?

It's the only FE I've played, and while I get a little burned out sometimes when I'm doing too much non crucial stuff (I need to be a bit more like @Moot at times), it's a great game.

I've completely ignored all the kids that I've unlocked so far, feel bad about that.
  • I definitely mooted/blooted through FE:A. I did some side stuff, but not much. I'll dig the 3DS out and check the clock in a bit, I've got myself intrigued now. Still top 5 (or maybe 6) of all time though.
  • I don't recall animated cut scenes in the first GBA game. Talking heads maybe, but nothing as gorgeous as the (under appreciated) anime bits in the 3DS games.
  • Yeah, they were great, especially in 3D.  However, the cutscene for Chapter 13 on Fates (Birthright I think) is almost Hentai!

It's in this vid from about 2:36 if you want to see just how ridiculous it is (spoiler obvs, and probably NSFW really):

• Hope the 3D was off, you’d throw the console thinking you’d lose an eye.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I definitely mooted/blooted through FE:A. I did some side stuff, but not much. I'll dig the 3DS out and check the clock in a bit, I've got myself intrigued now. Still top 5 (or maybe 6) of all time though.
    I'll check my playtime tonight.

I really should get better at mooting through games, I think I got all of the characters (apart from the kids) to level 20, so I could at least reclass them. I don't even like Miriel! So much time spent leveling up characters and I'm not using them.

Did the same in Horizon, I collected everything that showed up on the map as soon as I could, and I just got tired of the game. It's been a while, I should go back soonish and go for the story and sidequests, leave all those artifacts up on the mountains alone.
  • I did a lot of online grinding on Fates after I’d beaten the game
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've joined the club!

DyqgCauXcAQ0wwC.jpg

Worth noting this is one of the last major releases to support the 3D effect.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, I think this is the last major cart game to use 3D as Kirby's Epic Yarn and Persona Q2 don't.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

I have discovered that Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of Dusk is getting a belated physical release in the UK in April, having been released digital only last year. It's the collectible of the future! You can pre-order it for the low, low price of £28.85 from base.com.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Persona Q2 is £27.85 on base.com!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Worth noting this is one of the last major releases to support the 3D effect.

Playing everything on my 2DS XL, I didn't even realise things were being released without stereoscopic 3D.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I have discovered that Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of Dusk is getting a belated physical release in the UK in April, having been released digital only last year. It's the collectible of the future!

Not even heard of that, cheers for the heads up. Looks like a darker take on Phoenix Wright.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Every time someone mentions Samus Returns, you pop by to say its great. Youre the one who snagged me a copy of the ltd edition box and its only right that I should confirm it is indeed a wonderful game; one of the best on 3DS.

Haha, at least I'm not alone.

It's one of those typical late games in a systems life that gets overlooked. That's happening with a lot off 3DS stuff now unfortunately.

The recent sales forecasts and sales figures from Nintendo's quarterly earnings show its not got long left now :-( one of Nintendo's best systems imo.

I'll just jump on this. I also grabbed that ltd edition
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Persona Q2 is £27.85 on base.com!

Awesome, thanks ERE! Was looking around for the premium but... I really don’t need it. In the US you get the badges with the reg ed though and that would be nice.

Edit: oh also got my EO Nexus the other day, but doubt I’ll start it anytime soon. Finishing Octopath for at least the 4 mains and then straight to Vesperia.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Named my Nexus party after characters from Zelda, Star Wars, and Magic the Gathering. #nerdlife
  • Which characters though?  If it's the wrong ones you can end up on negative points.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!