Starting party:

Front line
    Hero - Link
    Protector - Ajani (Goldmane)
    Imperial - Mace (Windu)

Rear line
    Medic - Midna
    Arcanist - Liliana (Vess)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    NERD POINT BONUS MULTIPLIER!
    Get schwifty.
  • I make that 14 points total, with 3 dropped for the too-obvious hero.  Strong, but no stronger than its weakest link.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Strong, but no stronger than its weakest link.

Heyo!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina wrote:
    @Vela I'm still on my first playthrough of that game, started a couple years ago... First time I got stuck in chapter 6, left it alone for years. Picked it up last year again and having a lot of fun with it. I'm aiming to complete it this month, to have some time between this and Switch FE. Just did chapter 20 last night, and had a look at the intro for 21, some nice cutscenes there. Do the gba versions have those as well? It's the only FE I've played, and while I get a little burned out sometimes when I'm doing too much non crucial stuff (I need to be a bit more like @Moot at times), it's a great game. I've completely ignored all the kids that I've unlocked so far, feel bad about that.

Ive only played a little of the gba games but theyre really good from what I recall. If you like the cinematics, FE Awakening does a better job than Fates in my opinion. Fates is really fucking creepy in parts, as noted by The Daddy.

Personally I think some of the best cinematics are the GCN/Wii games (Dawn series) though they can be quite expensive to attain in PAL land. Its also a lot more reserved with the character designs and not grotesquely pervy a la Fates.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Picked up Nexus thanks to you lot of enablers.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Heh, I'll avoid Fates for a bit then, sounds like there are better FE's out there for the story. I have my eye on the first gba version but wanting to collect cib makes that an expensive one. Might be worth it as I enjoy the story in this one a lot.
    44 hours according to in game clock, 65 according to the 3DS statistics. Just had a peek at the map in chapter 22.

21 was where
    Spoiler:
    I'm actually happy that I've managed to stay spoiler free for this game so far.

Have two characters at level 20, again. Already used a master seal, is it worth it to use a second seal now? Seems like you can choose to be the same class, but have your level reset to 1 and stats slightly lowered. I know there are only a couple of chapters left, so maybe I should try and get the rest up there as well. Both my level 20s have a fairly low leveled partner since I always pair them.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

I have discovered that Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of Dusk is getting a belated physical release in the UK in April, having been released digital only last year. It's the collectible of the future! You can pre-order it for the low, low price of £28.85 from base.com.

Oh Lord. Didn't even know this existed. Pre-order placed. Loved the other 2 games.

CHEERS ERE!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Picked up Nexus thanks to you lot of enablers.

Huzzah!

I’ve decided to drop Persona Q (for the time being) so I can make a start on Nexus. Super looking forward to it, though tempered by the sad fact that this is the last Etrian Odyssey as we currently know it. No more map making if we ever do get it on the Switch, I guess.
    Get schwifty.
  • Nexus is ready to go as soon as I finish mopping up the final bit on Octopath.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Nexus is ready to go as soon as I finish mopping up the final bit on Octopath.

So in octopath, I’m on the last chapter of my 4th character, but feeling like I want to complete all characters now and do that secret ending.

Is it meant to be ridiculously hard? I looked online and it looked... sort of insane. Am guessing there are OP builds that help.

I found Ophelia’s final boss quite tricky.
  • I only have the secret ending left to do (I've done all 8 travellers stories & a few of the important side quests) but I've yet to step in there yet, so I'm afraid I can't offer a steer. Sure @Raiziel has done it tho. I have a few cave bosses left & if I'm being anal, I could buff up H'aanit with some special beasts, but I'm over the 100hr mark & it's a joy every time I play, but I need to fin, so I probably won't bother.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I make that 14 points total, with 3 dropped for the too-obvious hero.  Strong, but no stronger than its weakest link.

Can I get some points back, as I named my guild The Badgers?

• No, because Ajani Goldmane and Liliana Vess don't belong in the same sett.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I see what you did there.

high_five.gif
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Pretty sure someone already pointed this out but there is a free Etrian Odyssey Nexus Theme in the theme shop to go with the game.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Kirby Extra Epic Yarn demo gets a Surprisingly Not Ass Award from me - the charm is intact despite the resolution drop. There's a new mode where you are periodically chased by Satan.

If that doesn't tempt you... KIRBY HAS SOME NEW HATS!!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Pretty sure someone already pointed this out but there is a free Etrian Odyssey Nexus Theme in the theme shop to go with the game.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    In other news, there's a free Etrian Odyssey Nexus theme out now.

It's an excellent theme, so probably worth pointing out twice, in fairness.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    There's a new mode where you are periodically chased by Satan.

If that doesn't tempt you... KIRBY HAS SOME NEW HATS!!!

You had me at "periodically chased by Satan". <3

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm honestly tempted to double dip. The original was 8 years ago anyway.
  • Second GBA FE game is better than the first
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Which one’s that?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Could do a joint purchase of some sort, Elf? Or I'll look in cex and will happily pass on if I can find it sensibly priced....

Pass on is prferable. Not sure when I’ll get to play.

I've just tried to buy a copy (of Samus Returns).

No ack email, so I tried again.

No ack email again. I'm unclear if I will get zero, one or two copies...
  • You sent me one once and I ended up with zero Zero Missions.
  • The sacred stones is the good one on GBA
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • didn't realise there's a title in the making Q2 for FE on switch
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn is up for pre-order at the low, low price of £50 at GAME!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Could do a joint purchase of some sort, Elf? Or I'll look in cex and will happily pass on if I can find it sensibly priced....
    Pass on is prferable. Not sure when I’ll get to play.
    I've just tried to buy a copy (of Samus Returns). No ack email, so I tried again. No ack email again. I'm unclear if I will get zero, one or two copies...

So geniusly it has both purchases, but went out of stop between the first and the second (mere minutes apart).  So I should end up with one, which I'll play through, and then sell or lend ya depending if you want keepsies or what...
  • I’ll take for keepsies probably. Anyway lemme know once you’re done.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Nexus is ready to go as soon as I finish mopping up the final bit on Octopath.

Is it meant to be ridiculously hard? I looked online and it looked... sort of insane. Am guessing there are OP builds that help.

Had my first go at it today after getting all 8 where I need them ref equipment. Creamed the first part no bother. Then it was onto the proper show time part 1. Was doing OK, but eventually got wiped. My levels might be a little low for a few. I can do major damage, but I reckonong I need overheal & BP boost on all 8, & that, well that is some major jp grinding.

Gonna slightly change the teams & have another pop before I hit the grind tho as I think more magic might be suited to the first part to help with breaking & dealing with adds that spawn.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!