The 3DS Thread
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    The 3DS port has a free demo if you want to try before you buy.

I should've done that tbh but I pulled the trigger on a repackaged Amazon warehouse deal.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    retroking did say it's decent in single player

It's by far the best Yoshi platformer since the sublime SNES original.

Didn't like what they did with Story on N64 and Island DS felt a bit off.

Like all Yoshi games though the A-B can be quite mundane, especially early on. They come into their own trying to 100% each level and your rewarded with some truly excellent unlockable levels.

It just comes down to if you enjoy the collecting. I hate it in some games myself but I think the Yoshi games strike the balance well enough that I'm not overwhelmed.

I was tempted with New Island on 3DS but the reviews really put me off.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'll probably just A to B it, that's why I knew I wouldn't get on with it in the first place.  It's not really for me though, so if I enjoy it it'll be a bonus.  I'd forgotten how easy on the eye the big brother version was, it's probably even more of a looker than Crafted World.
  • The difference between A-B and 100%completion is so wide that I can’t even consider A-B as Anything more than a token level of completion in the original Yoshis Island. The problem it brings though (for me, I’m sure it’s good for kids) is that 100% can be unecessarily fiddly and boring in how it structures itself. The way things are hidden, the one chance to get some things. It’s more annoying than fun imo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Theres about 5 of us left huh
  • I almost bought the animal crossing 2DS XL today as it’s still £99 on simplygames.

I have the new 3ds (smaller version) and would like to play some of the backlog on something a bit bigger.

Like radiant historia, strange journey, Etrian odyssey mystery dungeon... dragon quest 8, Pokemon ultra sun, 4 warriors of light... Etrian odyssey nexus, rhythm paradise megamix...

Ok I might buy it
  • Keep asking my daughter if she wants a [New] 2DS [XL]. And she keeps saying no. Why can’t she just say yes so I can complete the collection?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Keep hoping there will be a decent new 2DS XL offer here, haven't seen on yet. So much I want to catch up on and just can't buy right now. Walmart had NSMB 2 (or whatever it's called, the golden coin one) for $5,-. Was hard to resist.
  • We are starting to see some clearance sales on 3ds in aus now. Not quite fire sale but it's very close. Only game listed as coming soon is kirby. Which is often a swansong game for any nintendo hw.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    NSMB 2 for $5 is a steal. I probably would have bought it even though I still have it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn got 9/10 from Nintendo Life. Who needs a Switch???
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yussss
  • So... I bought a 2DS XL today from CEX by trading in an old boxed iPad I found in the loft.

I now have a fun evening ahead of transferring from my other 3DS.

I remember from last time... absolutely nothing, only that it took forever and wasn’t as easy as it should be. It’s the same SD card so should be better this time. Maybe.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    God speed you. You'll need all the luck in the world. Transferring data when it comes to Nintendo systems is always (in my experience) a complete ball ache.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Actually, once I found a good step by step it wasn’t that bad at all.

I mean, I read everything 4 times and I needed a fucking guide, but once it was going it was all done in 30 minutes. Just took the old SD card out and put it in the new one once the Pikmin finished their thing, and all was good.

Think Radient Historia will be the first thing I start on there. Its weird in that everything is obviously a bit blurrier than the smaller 3DS, but I had a hard time reading the text in some games on the smaller one, so the extra screen is much more comfortable.

Lovely console too, only thing that bothers me is the loose top screen, but that’s always a thing with most DS/3DS models.
  • So I'm actually quite interested in playing a Yo-Kai watch game, wondering whether to get 2: psychic thingys, or jump into 3?

It would mostly be about pottering around town and story etc as I understand the battles aren't all that? (I may be wrong).
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think 3 is supposed to have a different, better battle system. 2 is probably a better jumping on point with the story tho cos it was kind of a reboot what with a lot of people getting into the series through the anime.
  • Ah OK cool, thanks for the info. I ended up buying 3 just in case, as it seems sold out everywhere, whereas the other was going pretty cheap. Also if the battles are as 'passive' as I've heard, then maybe 3 is the way to go...

Also you can play as two different characters in 3, with two completely different storylines. Which seems cool.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Did almost mention that 3 might be best for selling out reasons. I need to get my copy!
  • Yeah everywhere had it sold out/not at all. Shopto was cheapest (still £28 though). At least if I really hate it I can just sell it anyway.

Was more interested in playing in faux-japan over faux-Texas, so thought about 2 way more before I looked into it. However apparently you play in both towns anyway in 3 (character specific), so win-win.

• I’m enjoying this so much I might buy 2 as well, to play that through first then move onto 3 after.

It’s kind of really good it turns out.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    You’re...enjoying the battle system?
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    [Gasp!]
  • To be honest, in over 1 1/2 hours I’ve maybe battled 2/3 times.

I just love the world and storytelling an awful lot. It also looks really nice. It’s quite funny how they localised it though, as in the original games the kid lives in ‘an American city’, even though it’s clearly Japan. But the new game has you going abroad to live in America and not understanding the language... so they make it ‘Texas’ and you can’t understand the accent. But at the same time you’re in the old town as another character going through Akihabara finding anime figures.

They wrote themselves into a bit of trouble through previous localisations.
  • Up to the middle of world 2 on Woolly World. It seems like a solid port, big thumbs up for some of the music.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Wedding in Oxford later, so some nice train time to crack though some more of Metroid Returns. Hope I can remember what I was doing.
  • That was loads of fun to play, might get that out again at some point to 100% it maybe. The map also guides you to the next objective so you should be fine.

I also haven’t picked up my switch since I started Yo-Kai 3, it’s really very very good. The battles are also fine, and if you’re expecting Pokemon I guess you would be annoyed. If you were slightly tempted I would urge you to pick up whilst you still can. It’s that combination of limited release + genuinely great RPG.

Heard the reason it’s so limited is because they couldn’t put more than one language on the cart, as it combines 2 games already and there’s quite a bit of dialogue. So basically you can’t import a French/German etc version and play it in English, and they had to obviously press for each country separately rather than just change the cover/rating.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I caved and bought Yo-kai Watch 3 because I got scared.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I should probably cave too because now I feel left out.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Living in the past I've just bought Hey Pikmin and Miitopia for the combined price of £20

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!