The 3DS Thread
  • VII is an absolute beast and I adore it. I know 8 is the critical / public darling but, I dunno, something just feels a little off about it to me. But 7, 7 is just amazing and unfolds at such a lovely pace, even if it is very, very, very, very long.

It is a really nice game, but yes it is so so long. I think I got 50 hours in, put it down for a month or two and tried to come back to it with no idea what to do. Once I do that ‘world’ though I guess it’ll be easier again, if I recall they’re all vastly different and whole new stories each time?
  • It is a really nice game, but yes it is so so long. I think I got 50 hours in, put it down for a month or two and tried to come back to it with no idea what to do. Once I do that ‘world’ though I guess it’ll be easier again, if I recall they’re all vastly different and whole new stories each time?

It’s very episodic in structure, yes, with each new area having its own arc. There is crossover at points but I’m sure you’d be ok once you finished whatever you were currently doing.

Do you remember how far you got? By the 50 hour mark you’d probably unlocked job switching, yeah?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I know 8 is the critical / public darling but, I dunno, something just feels a little off about it to me.

VIII didn't click with me until I played it on 3DS with the quality of life improvements they added (enemies on the field, faster animations etc.) but unfortunately it looks like crap compared to other versions. A shiny new 4K remaster with the improvements from the 3DS version would be nice.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I know 8 is the critical / public darling but, I dunno, something just feels a little off about it to me.

VIII didn't click with me until I played it on 3DS with the quality of life improvements they added (enemies on the field, faster animations etc.) but unfortunately it looks like crap compared to other versions. A shiny new 4K remaster with the improvements from the 3DS version would be nice.

Yeah, would play an update in a heartbeat.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    7 and 8 on 3DS are both a delight for sure, and kept me tided over until the Switch version of 11.

Cosmic - I had Persona Q on the list but took it off because I thought it was too "niche".
  • It is a really nice game, but yes it is so so long. I think I got 50 hours in, put it down for a month or two and tried to come back to it with no idea what to do. Once I do that ‘world’ though I guess it’ll be easier again, if I recall they’re all vastly different and whole new stories each time?

It’s very episodic in structure, yes, with each new area having its own arc. There is crossover at points but I’m sure you’d be ok once you finished whatever you were currently doing.

Do you remember how far you got? By the 50 hour mark you’d probably unlocked job switching, yeah?

Ah awesome, that’ll help. A quick walkthrough glance to catch up on previous events and just to finish the world I’m in then I should be ok to continue.

Actually I don’t think I had got to job stuff yet... I remember it was touted as a big turning point, but don’t remember ever using it. I really should pick it back up, I actually really really like the design and the way it looks. More so than 8 weirdly.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Cosmic - I had Persona Q on the list but took it off because I thought it was too "niche".

Yeah that’s understandable. Listen to your heart <3

I completely forgot Q2 was a thing and is still in cellophane on the shelf. Need to finish P5 first really...

After trails of cold steel 2 maybe.

None of this is happening.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I would get VII over VIII just cos, again, it's DQ anniversary time and a HD remaster of VIII would be a relatively easy release for them. Don't see them touching VII in a while.

Ahem. It’s time for the best Dragon Quest to get a remake: DQIX.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    9 was the first I played and completed.i seem to remember it being quite online
  • regmcfly wrote:
    9 was the first I played and completed.i seem to remember it being quite online

The MMO-lite one, no?

Could work if they pitched it to the western MoHan / Looter Shooter crew. Seems very much in that level up and loot vein.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Weren't there rumours about a IX remake or re-release? Level-5 seems to be in the shit at the moment although that hasn't seemed to stop SE re-releasing VIII on mobile and 3DS without them.
  • Recently moved house so went through the crap-tonne of stuff in the loft. Found lots of old stuff I forgot I owned and checked eBay for prices of some of it.

Soooo turns out the DS & 3DS game prices have gone a bit insane, some stuff I got from Argos clearance sales over the years (thank you to those who would post them here as well!) are going for silly money.

I saw Monster Hunter stories go for nearly £60 which I still have sealed, radiant historia was about £200, the shin megami games in 3DS were going for £150+…lots of the usual stuff that always went for £80 or so seem to be doubling.

I wonder what’s sparked the sudden interest… I can guess stuff like Monster Hunter stories is just due to the sequel but why is my copy of ‘solatorobo’ now worth £100-150?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I’m happy to let my copy of Radiant Historia go for £150. Badger price.
  • Ooh time to maybe cash in for me?! :)

I did sell a few for silly money last year. Used Animal Crossing for like £70!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m tempted to let go of some as well (I didn’t get on with devil survivor 2 on ds/3DS and I randomly own both versions…) but I’m always worried I’ll get the urge to play something and not have it anymore. Which is basically hoarding at that point, which I probably crossed the line for a while back tbf.

I have more stuff in the loft than I do the rest of the house now I think!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    but why is my copy of ‘solatorobo’ now worth £100-150?
    Quick look at pricecharting and the US version of that is $350 CIB. You're still losing out! PAL wins with Monster Hunter Stories though.

It's a pain trying to get the 3DS games I still want, because of prices going up and the stupid thing being region locked. Quite sad I missed out on a $100 refurbished 2DS XL on the Nintendo store here, would have hacked that one. As the hardware itself also isn't around for cheap currently.

Playing Corpse Party now, and will move onto Samus Returns after I'm done with FF7
    Spoiler:
    , so I'm still enjoying the 3DS.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm I might have some of these games
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dayum, those prices are ridiculous.  Not parting with my collection, though.  I’m sure prices fluctuate, but over a decent length of time the price of these games is only going to keep going up.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I hope I didn't open any to get Mario points and then not even play them...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The thing I find interesting about this 3DS surge is the games are available for online purchase anyway - and some of the most valuable ones are regularly heavily discounted still. So people definately want those sweet, sweet carts, it's not just about playing the games legitimately.
  • I cant see any of these
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fire emblem fates special pack is going for about £130 last i looked. That's twice what I paid for it iirc.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I usually go to CEX website and browse various systems, ordering from high - low price to see what stuff is going for these days (in the hope I spot something I may have) and my favourite so far is 'Michigan, report from Hell' on the PS2. Turns out it's some weird survival horror by grasshopper. With fantastically bad dialogue.

All yours for £375.

edit: also good to see the copy of persona 3 I bought from my awful and lazy hentai-loving Game colleague for £8 is now worth about £100.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Fire emblem fates special pack is going for about £130 last i looked. That's twice what I paid for it iirc.

That's my retirement fund.
  • Me too. It was missing out on the preorder for the spec edition that caused me to hack my ds and install a copy. Then wife came through with the spec edition, so it’s completely untouched in the box.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I played a little of mine. Still in pristine condition. Sold the coin/medallion thing though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Legacy Edition of Samus Returns is going through the roof rn following the Metroid 5 announce . Gonna make sure mine is okay in the attic
  • I had the chance to buy at £60 several times on eBay last year. For whatever reason, I decided against it. Fuck buying it now.
  • I don’t really have special editions for 3DS games, they seem to be worth a lot more now though.

I do have this tin box that came with my ds copy of Zelda spirit tracks. That’s always been worth something (though mine I think is dinged, so probably not anymore). Oh and the majoras mask special edition, I think that’s worth something.
  • I bought the Fire Emblem Fates SE because it was the only way to play it without downloading the games iirc. Sold to a badger maybe? Or on Ebay. Got my money back and played 90hrs of FE for free.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    £350 now for the Metroid shit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!